• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Its time for me to call upon the footballing gods for help..... much like the match thread gods showed favour on defoe18

I am going to put the universe against Leicester....

since it is statistically impossible for me to win anything 3 times in a row...i am hereby going to start placing a bet on Leicester to win each week for the remainder of the season

I will take my betting curse to leicester and bring down that clubs fortunes

Good to see you back. May this contribution be as strong as I believe it will be.

I think Sunderland is going to be a big banana peel. They're playing quite decently lately.

I'm hoping so, along with Southampton. I was wrong about Palace but they could so easily have actually won the game......fine margins. The luck won't always fall for Leicester though and maybe in those two games they might only gain a point? If we get 3-4 then we have really gained on them going into their last 3 matches where I really think if they aren't at least 5 points clear then it is ours to lose. Everton won't have anything to play and will be dangerous because of that given the freedom from pressure and Man Utd obviously need to win that home game to stay in the hunt for CL. Chelsea is a concern just because they might not make that much effort, their fans certainly won't want them to and that might transfer to the pitch but certainly those other two fixtures are highly dangerous for Leicester.

I have us finishing third a point behind Arsenal, 3 points behind Leicester and 5 points above City. I also have Palace, Sunderland and Villa going down.

I think it will be the draws that will let us down.

Belgium's game against Portugal gets called off. Tragic circumstances obviously, but good for us, not risking a lot of players getting injured.

Oh, wait, Belgium, not Holland. Forget what I said. :p

Belgium's game against Portugal gets called off. Tragic circumstances obviously, but good for us, not risking a lot of players getting injured.

Oh, wait, Belgium, not Holland. Forget what I said. :p

It is still good for us. As all our Dutch players are loaned out to Belgium
With UEFA, FIFA, EU,UN, World Bank & African Union approval ;)

Its time for me to call upon the footballing gods for help..... much like the match thread gods showed favour on defoe18

since it is statistically impossible for me to win anything 3 times in a row...i am hereby going to start placing a bet on Leicester to win each week for the remainder of the season

You and me both. I bet on Leicester last weekend and I will continue until the rest of the season

Funnily enough my mother suggested that to me on Sunday. Since then I've stuck £20 on Leicester to win the title as has my mother (first bet she's had in her life!)

You fudgeers are going to curse Arsenal into winning the league aren't you!?

Also funnily enough, that is exactly what I said to my mother :p Would be typical that we lose our money and lose the title race to the scum! But 'Audere-Est-Facere' right??

Just read that Schmeichel had to pull out of training with a groin injury today. Who's Leicesters reserve GK? That's Mark Schwarzer isn't it? He must be close to 50 years old now :D

He will be absolutely fine though as is How other teams manage internationals

None of ferguson, wenger or moanrinho would have sent 4 players to England squad if they had a shot at the title. I am English and despite living in an extreme left wing country I am proud of it, but I am Tottenham first and as were an with a shout of a title for the first time in GHod knows how long we should not have sent them. We have done enough for the england national team over the years and the country has responded by (different governments) completely over looking the area for funding. I say that as someone who was born in Wood Green.

I love England but also fcuk England, Tottenham comes first.

Table showing the median, minimum and maximum points returns of the top 3 over all runs equal to their remaining number of games:
Code:
team       rem     med   min   max
----------------------------------
Leicester   7      14    10    19
Tottenham   7      15    11    18
Arsenal     8      16     9    21

To overtake them, we need Leicester to perform at or below their season average while, at the same time, we may have to improve on 6 wins out of 7.

Table showing the median, minimum and maximum points returns of the top 3 over all runs equal to their remaining number of games:
Code:
team       rem     med   min   max
----------------------------------
Leicester   7      14    10    19
Tottenham   7      15    11    18
Arsenal     8      16     9    21

To overtake them, we need Leicester to perform at or below their season average while, at the same time, we may have to improve on 6 wins out of 7.

But it doesn't take into account opponents or pressure

Dont get me wrong there in the driving seat but each game has to be won on its own merits now and winning early in the season is massively different than winning seven games from the title

But it doesn't take into account opponents or pressure

Dont get me wrong there in the driving seat but each game has to be won on its own merits now and winning early in the season is massively different than winning seven games from the title

Of course, the unanswered question is how each of the sides in the hunt will handle the pressure, although Leicester's worst return of 10 points from 7 games was early in the season.

Back