• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

I had us and Leicester to both finish on 75pts.
I think they'll lose to soton and wham. Beat Sunderland and draw their last three. 9pts from their last 7 games.

GD. Title winners on goal difference.

Its time for me to call upon the footballing gods for help..... much like the match thread gods showed favour on defoe18

I am going to put the universe against Leicester....

since it is statistically impossible for me to win anything 3 times in a row...i am hereby going to start placing a bet on Leicester to win each week for the remainder of the season

I will take my betting curse to leicester and bring down that clubs fortunes

No doubt, we have the toughest remaining matches compared to Leicester. Just look at our opponents :

Liverpool (away)
- 1 league win away win since 1993 (won in 2011)

ManU (home)
- no home win since 2001

Stoke (away)
- lost home and away last season, but won 2 away before that

WBA (home)
- our bogey team : lost at home last season and winless in last 3 home matches
- only won 1 in last 5 home and away matches

Chelsea (away)
- no away win since 1990

Southampton (home)
- won last 4 home matches

Saudi Sportswashing Machine (away)
- lost at home this season, but won 2 away before that

Our past record in these matches are not very good. But we have to stop thinking like the old Tottenham and start thinking like Champions, meaning we have to be ready to beat everyone we play to win the league !

Our past record in these matches are not very good. But we have to stop thinking like the old Tottenham and start thinking like Champions, meaning we have to be ready to beat everyone we play to win the league !

So why you bring it up? I think past seasons results cannot be a factor going into this. I've never seen a spurs team with the current mentality. I don't think the players give a flying f*** about our past records at these grounds. Individually I look at those games and think actually we should be favourites to win them. Call me deluded but I really think we should beat all of them

I don't want to sound defeatist, but honestly, I think the time for us to "come for" Leicester has already been and gone. It was there for us, but we got left in the traps at West Ham and then only managed a draw at home against 10-man Arsenal. Can we reverse the fortunes of all those barren years against Liverpool, Man U and a Chelsea side that will surely be psyched up and desperate to deny us everything they possibly can in front of their baying fans? You never know, but I think we'll find it very tough.

My final 7/8 predictions: Arse to go unbeaten (if not 8/8) and Leicester to drop fewer points than us. Spurs to finish 3rd.

I don't want to sound defeatist, but honestly, I think the time for us to "come for" Leicester has already been and gone. It was there for us, but we got left in the traps at West Ham and then only managed a draw at home against 10-man Arsenal. Can we reverse the fortunes of all those barren years against Liverpool, Man U and a Chelsea side that will surely be psyched up and desperate to deny us everything they possibly can in front of their baying fans? You never know, but I think we'll find it very tough.

My final 8 predictions: Arse to go unbeaten (if not 8/8) and Leicester to drop fewer points than us. Spurs to finish 3rd.

It will indeed be very tough....time for our players to step up and prove us wrong...

Its time for me to call upon the footballing gods for help..... much like the match thread gods showed favour on defoe18

since it is statistically impossible for me to win anything 3 times in a row...i am hereby going to start placing a bet on Leicester to win each week for the remainder of the season

Sounds like a plan to me. I am up for that. 7 trips to the bookies on a Saturday morning it is then

My final 7/8 predictions: Arse to go unbeaten (if not 8/8) and Leicester to drop fewer points than us. Spurs to finish 3rd.

I would say this is the outcome most likey to happen, but hopefully the team have a few surprises up their sleeve for us

My final 8 predictions: Arse to go unbeaten (if not 8/8) and Leicester to drop fewer points than us. Spurs to finish 3rd.
Just as I said two games ago.... For us it should simply be for us to go one game at a time. Win our next game and we're guaranteed to be in second place. Do the same again and ditto (and we could even be first).... Just keep doing that same thing between now and the end of the season.

Don't worry about Leicester. Don't worry about Arsenal. Don't worry about either Manchester club, nor the Canning Town Bingo and Social club. Just concentrate on winning the next game. With our first choice team available and some potential game changers on the bench we are good enough to win every game, one by one. The manager knows this and the players know this, they now have the chance to prove it.

Just as I said two games ago.... For us it should simply be for us to go one game at a time. Win our next game and we're guaranteed to be in second place. Do the same again and ditto (and we could even be first).... Just keep doing that same thing between now and the end of the season.

Don't worry about Leicester. Don't worry about Arsenal. Don't worry about either Manchester club, nor the Canning Town Bingo and Social club. Just concentrate on winning the next game. With our first choice team available and some potential game changers on the bench we are good enough to win every game, one by one. The manager knows this and the players know this, they now have the chance to prove it.

Eh?? You sure about that??

^^ He's not talking about where we'll finish, just where we'll be after the next round of games. In many ways, I think it's much easier for players to focus on one game at a time, because they've actually got something concrete to focus on. For us, it's more like casting runes or something, searching vainly for patterns in past events, etc. Might as well look at tea-leaves.

Sounds like a plan to me. I am up for that. 7 trips to the bookies on a Saturday morning it is then

I often back whoever we are playing against as some kind of perverse financial compensation for losing (or drawing) - not that it really eases the pain much. However, I am happy to report that I am substantially poorer this season than usual.

As Leicester losing doesn't help if we get beat perhaps you should do win doubles, Leicester and whoever our opposition is.

I'm doing the Pochettino thing and simply looking at the next game. Can we beat Liverpool away? Yes. Won't be easy, but we're a far tougher side to handle than Liverpool's recent opponents.

Watching that game in Southampton, Koeman got his tactics and formation all wrong in the first half and got spanked. Made positive changes in the second half and went at that terrible back five of Liverpool. Three goals and a penalty. We'll be giving them a lot more to worry about and doing it all game long. That quick start to scoring against Bournemouth will give Klopp plenty to ponder on. An early goal will get that Anfield mob turning bitter. I'm sure you're already hearing the moans and groans from their fans.

Looking beyond our next game is sort of pointless anyway. No idea how those games might shape up until we see the outcome of this next game.

It's stopped me taking on hours of needless math and endless debate.

No doubt, we have the toughest remaining matches compared to Leicester. Just look at our opponents :

Liverpool (away)
- 1 league win away win since 1993 (won in 2011)

ManU (home)
- no home win since 2001

Stoke (away)
- lost home and away last season, but won 2 away before that

WBA (home)
- our bogey team : lost at home last season and winless in last 3 home matches
- only won 1 in last 5 home and away matches

Chelsea (away)
- no away win since 1990

Southampton (home)
- won last 4 home matches

Saudi Sportswashing Machine (away)
- lost at home this season, but won 2 away before that

Looking at these, in particular the Man Utd at home and Chelsea away records are pretty shocking. Whether it will have relevance to the title race or not I would hope that the squad are ready and determined for these games (although to be fair I have faith that they will be for all remaining fixtures)

Still one game at a time for me ( and I hope its the same for the players), screw the other games lets win the next and then worry about the next one.

Only way to do it .. everyone is going to slip at least once (and probably not the predictable games either) before the end, it's more a case of who slips up the least.

Back