• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Agree, this week is huge. When we were one down today I had visions of us taking perhaps 1 point from the 3 games this week.

The Spammers game looks really tricky. Leicester and Arse also have very winnable games in midweek - if the relative positions of the top 4 are the same on Thurs morning as they are now, then it'll be a big step forwards.

One other thing: just noticed that we now cant finish bottom this season.....

Graeme Souness tore into Arsenal after they were beaten 3-2 by Manchester United at Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon.
Never one for sycophantic ramblings after matches, the Sky Sports pundit callously picked apart Arsene Wenger and his team.
The 62-year-old Scot said: 'I want to be harsh on Arsenal. It was more of a tippy-tippy football by Arsenal, going nowhere, that’s why they have 60 per cent possession. Arsenal today bordered on being a joke.’
In appearing to refer to Arsenal players’ lack of balls, Souness went on: 'Arsene Wenger must be tearing his hair out. And there’s a word I want to use but I can’t use it which describes a lack of something that real players have and this Arsenal team lack it in abundance, just don’t have it, none.
'And I’ll stand on my head if they prove me wrong and go and win this league, because that today was totally unacceptable.
'I thought today they would come here with an opportunity to put a marker on the wall and say, 'we're back in this race.' And they’ve come back here today and been so insipid, so weak and pussyfooted.
'All they’ve done today is said to the opposition this team can be rolled over. If I was an Arsenal supporter I would be so angry right now.
'There is so much about Arsenal to like and in equal measures there is so much to dislike,' he added.
And angered by the way Arsenal looked, or rather didn't look, to get back into the game, Souness continued: 'Big players make other players play. The big personalities, the big players drag the lesser likes with them when things are going badly, when they may be lacking a wee bit of confidence.
'Who does that today for Arsenal? Where's the Tony Adams today? Where's the Thierry [Henry] today, having a moan-up at half-time when it's not going well.
'I can imagine that dressing room would have been silent at half-time. I've been in dressing rooms where there's real people digging other people out.
'I couldn't imagine that from that group of Arsenal players and I think they play like that. It worries me that Arsene [Wenger] continually talks about his team being mentally tough, 'we're together as a group and we've got this confidence, now'.
'It's like they lack it and he's trying to persuade them that they really have it. And I think today showed you a great deal about Arsenal.'

Despite today still have us behind Leicester and Le Scum in the run in. Leicester's luck must break at some stage but they have on paper the easiest run in.

I updated my run-in spreadsheet for this weekends results. I now have it finishing:

Spurs 74
Arse 74
Man C 73
Leics 73

We are the most consistent team in the league currently. We have played to a certain level all season thus far. We never look like we will get spanked. This is what gives me the most hope. Leicester could break against West Bromwich.

Personally I thought a draw at OT might have been the best result. Would have still gained 2pts on Arsenal and would have 11pts clear of 5th, but more importantly 12pts clear of United.
They are getting their act together and are the clearest danger to us getting CL football. That is the first target in my eyes, may well be negative but I am still looking behind yet and I doubt will change until we play them. Avoiding defeat v them and West Ham is key

Having watched both ourselves and Leicester against off form relegation fighting teams there can be no doubt about just how much better we are at the moment. And we did that after 2 weeks with fixture congestion whereas Leicester have been at the beach.

Can only think that a better team than Norwich taking a similar approach will be able to get something against Leicester. Come on you West Pulis!

Delighted with the United win too of course. Has to be us and scum as favourites and Leicester a bit behind considering recent form and performances.

Having watched both ourselves and Leicester against off form relegation fighting teams there can be no doubt about just how much better we are at the moment. And we did that after 2 weeks with fixture congestion whereas Leicester have been at the beach.

Can only think that a better team than Norwich taking a similar approach will be able to get something against Leicester. Come on you West Pulis!

Delighted with the United win too of course. Has to be us and scum as favourites and Leicester a bit behind considering recent form and performances.
Bookies have Leicester at 2.2, us at 2.25 and the goons at 3.

Bookies have Leicester at 2.2, us at 2.25 and the goons at 3.

Perhaps I'm putting too much weight on the latest performances and on how I think opponent's style of play will influence Leicester's chances...

I suppose them "winning on a bad day" and getting a last minute winner to stay on track for the title is another way of looking at it. Right now though I have the same "they'll fall away" feeling I had about them around Christmas time...

Perhaps I'm putting too much weight on the latest performances and on how I think opponent's style of play will influence Leicester's chances...

I suppose them "winning on a bad day" and getting a last minute winner to stay on track for the title is another way of looking at it. Right now though I have the same "they'll fall away" feeling I had about them around Christmas time...

Leicester are struggling for goals but generally defending well

Their problem comes when teams don't attack them and therefore need breaking down

The Norwich fans I know that went yesterday thought that they were the better side and Leicester struggled as they couldn't get behind them with long balls

They also said were by far and away the best side they have seen this season

Yes we need Leicester to droo points so it isn't in our hands but the longer it continues with them on too them more pressure builds for them

If they win the league leading from the front pretty much and rarely having much of the ball then fair play to them

Leicester are struggling for goals but generally defending well

Their problem comes when teams don't attack them and therefore need breaking down

The Norwich fans I know that went yesterday thought that they were the better side and Leicester struggled as they couldn't get behind them with long balls

They also said were by far and away the best side they have seen this season

Yes we need Leicester to droo points so it isn't in our hands but the longer it continues with them on too them more pressure builds for them

If they win the league leading from the front pretty much and rarely having much of the ball then fair play to them

I watched the game. Was a close fought game that could have tipped either way. Norwich arguably had the better chances while Leicester had more of the ball. Up until the end though as the Ullua chance they got the goal from obviously was huge.

Thought Norwich were a bit naive towards the end (again). A point away to Leicester would have been good for them. Would have been another point on the board and two games without a loss to kind of end their horrible run. But they were too open and gung ho towards the end and were punished. Commentators said Norwich had conceded in every away game in the league this season. But Leicester still didn't threaten much.

Leicester will have to face a lot of the same in their upcoming games. WBA, Watford, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Palace will probably all try to sit back and defend and they're all better at that than Norwich. And better at counter attacking and actually scoring goals too.

Same here.

I think the Norwich game was their wake-up call. They should look at it and think "OK, we had two weeks off and almost slipped, no more performances like that."

What's funny though is that half the Arsenal fans online now are saying that their league campaign is over and that the only thing that matters is beating us and stopping us from catching Leicester. How times have changed.

So many tough matches left still. If we're still in it come May, we'll have a chance.

West Ham (A)
Arse*al (H)
Villa (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Liverpool (A)
Man UTD (H)
Stoke (A)
West Brom (H)
Chelsea (A)
So'ton (H)
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)

Only 4-5 of those I expect us to win, which won't be enough. But this team of our's have got balls this season. I'm just worried we're not efficient enough (as we've shown time and again). We need to pull out a couple more City away performancs in terms of efficiency if we're to have a chance of winning the title.

I'm still far, far away from believing we can win, to be honest. We can, of course, but too many hurdles still for there to be any real glimmer of hope for it to happen for me. Been following this team for too long.
I'll be here cheering every step of the way though! GET fudging IN, BOYS! :D

I still think that Leicester will slip up against teams who play them and are happy with a point, which is what most of their remaining fixtures have become. The Norwich game was almost what we needed, I have a good feeling WBA will take something from them.

I agree dza, West Brom look to be hitting some decent form with Beharinho, Sessignon and Rondon look a handful. I can see them getting a draw from Leicester at least.

Interesting quote from Pullis; “If he plays like he did today everybody will start talking about him,” Pulis said. “His mind is clear and he is set on his football again. The most important thing is that he has a GHod-given gift and he should squeeze the pips from it, and have a great career. Everything will follow. If he is playing well he will get the recognition – and the move.”

Back