• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

still a long way to go and it's a massive if, but, IF, we do actually do it, we'll be the most unpopular winners of anything of all time , stealing the Leicester fairytale, denying Pellegrini his sunset moment or just simply upsetting the gooner/dipper dominated media

there isn't anyone anywhere, who isn't a Spurs fan, that wants us to win the league

which would make it even more beautiful

Last edited:
still a long way to go and it's a massive if, but, IF, we do actually do it, we'll be the most unpopular winners of anything of all time , stealing the Leicester fairytale, denying Pelegrinni his sunset moment or just simply upsetting the gooner/dipper dominated media

there isn't anyone anywhere, who isn't a Spurs fan, that wants us to win the league

which would make it even more beautiful

I wouldn't be so sure of that. I've spoken to quite a few people who have been massively impressed with us this season, and wouldn't mind us winning the league (including a Gooner!). It seems like quite a few pundits are praising us as well (Carragher yesterday), as well as coaches making a point out of us being "the real deal" (ref Flores from a week back). And! The media seem to write an awful lot of positive articles about us these days (how couldn't they?). I actually don't think we'd be very unpopular winners this season.

Although I hate Liverpool and their fans with a passion, I really think they deserved to win the title the year Gerrard slipped. By far the most entertaining team to watch that season.

Having said that, I don't believe for a second that we're actually going to win the title this season (or, rather, I'm not going to fool myself into thinking that we can). :)

The League title has never been won by any team that has a prearranged post goal reaction to generate atmosphere in the stadium.
Leicester have post goal music piped in. Arsenal employ idiots crouching in that no man's land behind their goal all game ready to wave those officially designated flags.

I can't believe that any team would need some music, or arrangement, to orchestrate the celebration of a goal. If you can't celebrate your team scoring a goal, what joy is there for you in football?! Oh, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that when I'm home watching the game on tv, I sing with the chants/my own chants and scream when action happens, selfish when we score! So to be in the stadium, when no one makes any noise...oh dear!

Seen nothing to suggest Spurs and Arsenal get more points than us in the run in. We have a better striker, better creative player, better central midfielders, better defensive unit and a goalkeeper just as good. We have less games against lesser opponents, a manager who has been in title races for 20 years and a better team ethic and spirit. We will win the league.

Then there's the eternal media darlings Spurs and Harry Kane's terrible melty face. Ugh. Honestly, if we don't win can we just nominate like Everton or someone to have it instead? They're about the least offensive team I can think of.

Spurs look favourites to me - they are clearly the referees' favourites and that could well be pivotal.

It's as if the FA have some sort of deal to ensure they win something.

....though of course corruption in football never happens

I know as a fan, after seeing the cheating, whingeing over paid prima Donna's of Arsenal, I want to win this even more.

We're still the best side in the league, schoolboy errors cost us the game, not a lack of quality.

I'm astonished people are raving about Spurs tbh. Lots of pretty football but not nearly the cutting edge that we have.

I guess that's why you've scored a massive one goal more than us. :rolleyes:

If we don't win it then it's Spurs for me, yes I'm not a fan of them either but after yesterday's antics from Arsehole they have really put a sour taste in my mouth

The Spurs are the only team consistently playing well enough, the other being Leicester.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/t...where-do-you-think-we-will-finish-the-season/

Amazing comments considering they have in fact been the media darlings since Christmas. Have they missed the fairy tale that is Leicester City? I won't argue with their comments regarding Mahrez being the better creative player nor the greater cutting edge, but the rest of the comparisons are a bit bold, especially the better defensive unit argument (completely false if we consider goals conceded as any sort of indicator).

The issue I had with Leicester was that they were a great counter attacking unit, suited to playing against the bigger teams, but not the lower placed sides looking to do the same. I honestly felt that that was where they would fall down, against the teams where Vardy couldn't run in behind, but everything I've seen of late actually makes me think that they can find a way through those sides.

I do hope I'm wrong and that we can pip them to the title and whilst they have a nice run in during March, they still have West Ham, Man UTD, Chelsea, Everton and Southampton to negotiate. I can see them pulling out a nice lead during March and then being reeled back in over April making the final few weeks quite interesting.

I can see us getting 9 wins in the last 12 and finishing with 78 points. Enough to win it, I would think. Key game is against the Scum.

Swansea - W
Spam - W
Scum - W
Villa - W
Bournemouth - W
Pool - L
Manure - W
Stoke - D
Brom - W
Chelsea - L
Southampton - W
Saudi Sportswashing Machine - W

I don't think these are unrealistic results and, no matter what's in it for the opposition, it's entirely up to us. Keep the focus!

COYS!

The banana skin could be Soton, as Forster is a freak and in the form of his life. Thankfully they have to play our rivals too so should cancel out. I think we need a point minimum at Chelski. Spam will be tough too.

I GENUINELY believe our goal difference will be the significant factor. I think short of winning the league with two games to go, winning it on goal difference would be incredible. Who am I fudging kidding? Winning it with a last minute deflected goal off Coloccini's arse would be brilliant.

I'm confident that we will beat Stoke. We were 2-0 up in the home fixture before we took our foot off the pedal, conceded a penalty and let Stoke back in to it. We've improved as a team & Stoke's season will be over by then, so can't see why not three points.

I think away to West Ham will be tough though. They have a good team this year, always want to beat us especially after we beat them 4-1, and I just think that could be dropped points, hopefully no worse than a draw.

We will almost certainly have to pull some surprisingly good results out of somewhere to get the title at this point.
Already picked up another with the win against City.

Will also probably have to have a bit of luck at key times. Arguably we also had that against City.

Mentality seems to be spot on. No fear. People talk about a lack of experience, but to me both Arsenal and City looked like less experienced teams than us on Sunday. Never mind Leicester. We're young, but we're mentally strong.

Interesting comment made on Norwegian telly on Sunday. Talked about how Pochettino is very highly rated on match days both in Argentina, Spain and England. Not just tactics and game management, but how he talks to his players. The little words to built their confidence, up their concentration and so on. Not sure what the source was for this, but definitely rings true to me.

The banana skin could be Soton, as Forster is a freak and in the form of his life. Thankfully they have to play our rivals too so should cancel out. I think we need a point minimum at Chelski. Spam will be tough too.
I see soton as kingmakers, the results against then could be the difference.

The League title has never been won by any team that has a prearranged post goal reaction to generate atmosphere in the stadium.
Leicester have post goal music piped in. Arsenal employ idiots crouching in that no man's land behind their goal all game ready to wave those officially designated flags.

hahaha, superb AND TRUE!!!

I hate l'arse wenger and his smug smirk, knowing he can reel other teams he 'deems lesser' than his ... even worse to be proven right when we had that 12 point lead under Arry ! I bet he's thinking that now having just beaten Leicester and then NLD day on March 5th, he's confident of grabbing the title.

I really, really, really wanna wipe all those l'arse players smiles off too, their smug, plastic fans.

It was West Brom they had the last day of 2011-12 where the goalie contrived to let them get beat. They ended up ahead of us with a single point difference. We ended up 4th, but as the chavs won the CL, we were in the EL. UUUrrrgghhh

The lads are clicking well, parts are inter-changeable, see Lamela come on very nicely for Alli to lay up the assist for Eriksen. But anything can happen in footy, so all we can do is keep on doing what we have done, coz it's just beautiful to be in this position ! Late on in the season, fighting for the title, and two cups. AWESOOOME, BRING IIIITTT !!!

I think if we were to take 4 - 6 points from West Ham/Arsenal and then 7 - 9 points from the Man U-Liverpool-Stoke fixtures then I would really fancy us to go on and in the league. Chelsea away will suit us down to the ground given that its a derby game and they will be coming at us desperate to derail our run because the poison will seep from the stands and demand it. My only real concern is if Saudi Sportswashing Machine are already safe just how that fixture might play out if it is still in the balance.

Still, its all opinion and conjecture, we have to play and win the games ahead of us over the next 6 weeks to get there.

Back