• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah now, I said nothing about not liking people.
Just about something they do or a lifestyle that they adopt.

Not liking people is different.

But it's not a "lifestyle" that is "adopted", like choosing to follow a hippy lifestyle, for example.
It is just a way of "being". The way one is born.

But off topic. Aurier joining us being the topic.

The word he used was indeed a homophobic slur. It's not acceptable. I would hope the club ensure that he does some media work promoting acceptance of LGBT community if indeed he did not mean it. This is the modern world guys, minorities can have a voice about nasty offensive words.

All this is dependant on him signing of course.

Why? hHe hasn't done anything homophobic. He will hopefully be here to play football not push minority agendas. lets leave the guy alone to play his game.

But it's not a "lifestyle" that is "adopted", like choosing to follow a hippy lifestyle, for example.
It is just a way of "being". The way one is born.

But off topic. Aurier joining us being the topic.

Depends on who you speak to. I have heard from homosexuals and former homosexuals who would not agree with that. But it flies in the face of present cultural (Western cultural) perceived wisdom so, for now, is disregarded.

But, yes, back on topic. Aurier looks like a fantastic signing and if Levy & Pochettino have done the due diligence I expect upon him as a person as well as a player then I think this could be a masterstroke.

Also "if one doesn't like theft, don't steal"...doesn't quite work.

Sorry, this is some flimflam.

Also, your analogy is flawed. Someone's homosexuality has no bearing on your life, if someone steals from you it does.

Surely what people do in their private life is their own business, and judging anyone by their sexual preferences is the same as disliking someone for being a vegetarians or philatelist.

Well, now that this thread has finally harrumphified its way into a snippy day in Parliament...

Would a sensitive soul be a dove and kindly post a glossary of acceptable and non-acceptable terminology on the subject of what we can or can't call someone for us to reference before any further possible offence occurs and we're subject to further reams of hand wringing and teeth gnashing?

See, while I have gay family members, most of them are fine when someone uses borderline terms like pansy, pussy, daisy, buttercup, lady garden, shrinking violet, wuss, softie, dew drop, doorknob, asshole *, jerkoff, fuqwit, assclown, butt licker - among many others - when we get into lively discussions about other people's behaviour. As my nephew says, 'just because I'm gay doesn't mean I don't have balls.'

So, open up another thread and give us all the bad words we must never use, accept or condone - and the contexts that surround each usage.

Or, maybe, do us all a solid and have a little faith in club management to have clearer insight into the subject than we have.

Coz if Aurier is the absolute, un-redeemable villain some would like to portray him as, then he wouldn't have had the first word of a conversation about joining Spurs, let alone moved to the verge of joining this club who have shown excellent judgement in recent years about who pulls on the shirt.

* ******* = everyday term for anal passage

Well, now that this thread has finally harrumphified its way into a snippy day in Parliament...

Would a sensitive soul be a dove and kindly post a glossary of acceptable and non-acceptable terminology on the subject of what we can or can't call someone for us to reference before any further possible offence occurs and we're subject to further reams of hand wringing and teeth gnashing?

See, while I have gay family members, most of them are fine when someone uses borderline terms like pansy, pussy, daisy, buttercup, lady garden, shrinking violet, wuss, softie, dew drop, doorknob, ******* *, jerkoff, fuqwit, assclown, butt licker - among many others - when we get into lively discussions about other people's behaviour. As my nephew says, 'just because I'm gay doesn't mean I don't have balls.'

So, open up another thread and give us all the bad words we must never use, accept or condone - and the contexts that surround each usage.

Or, maybe, do us all a solid and have a little faith in club management to have clearer insight into the subject than we have.

Coz if Aurier is the absolute, un-redeemable villain some would like to portray him as, then he wouldn't have had the first word of a conversation about joining Spurs, let alone moved to the verge of joining this club who have shown excellent judgement in recent years about who pulls on the shirt.

* ******* = everyday term for anal passage
Hear hear, or here here. Now can we move the fcuk on with this pointless chat and talk about whether he has signed or not and what he can bring to the game?

The funny thing is, some fans actually think that the club would even listen to them one bit, they don't give a fudge about us or our opinions. They will do whatever they want to do and there's nothing you or I can do about it. If you don't like what spurs are doing in the transfer market or support who they are signing then don't support them. As if spurs give any fcuks. Don't cheer the assist or the match winning goal that he scored, but I bet you still will.

Last edited:
Walker. I still think he's the best RB in the world bar Dani Alves (with Lahm having retired too)

But in 6-12 months hopefully the answer will be different.

Why? hHe hasn't done anything homophobic. He will hopefully be here to play football not push minority agendas. lets leave the guy alone to play his game.

Calling someone a Faggot for being gay is akin to calling someone a Dirty Jew for being Semitic. It is vile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back