• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fcuk me this is boring now. It was in the past, people make mistakes.

Every person in the whole world has an opinion now and it's pathetic. Social media is the evil enemy and no one can live a normal life anymore.

So what if he called someone a faggot. I said something at work was "ponsy" the other day and there are a couple of homosexuals in my work, does that make me guilty of a hate crime? People are far too delicate now and take things the wrong way.

Let's just give the guy a chance if he does sign and let his football do the talking and then if he does
something "bad" off the pitch then we get rid.

Last edited:
I hate social media and the pontificating that comes off of the back of something like this - he didn't abuse someone for being gay he took a swipe at the people running French football (unless I'm missing something?) - at worst he has been a bit stupid using a word that has negative connotations but it's a world away from actual homophobia

Fcuk me this is boring now. It was in the past, people make mistakes.

Every person in the whole world has an opinion now and it's pathetic. Social media is the evil enemy and no one can live a normal life anymore.

So what if he called someone a faggot. I said something at work was "ponsy" the other day and there are a couple of homosexuals in my work, does that make me guilty of a hate crime? People are far too delicate now and take things the wrong way.

Let's just give the guy a chance if he does sign and let his football do the talking and then if he does
something "bad" off the pitch then we get rid.

Agree with both these posts and the bolded bits are so true. To many idiots, tossers, posting from the security of their armchairs and mostly talking gonad*s.

Agree with both these posts and the bolded bits are so true. To many idiots, tossers, posting from the security of their armchairs and mostly talking gonads.

You are talking about those of us who object to Spurs to signing this bigot?

It is concerning that you seem to imply that we need the security of our armchairs to voice our concerns. What happens if we met you in person and expressed this view?

Not sure I get this signing as it means we might as well have kept Walker but he is younger and some say better - let's hope so.

Will this signal a loan for KWP or as CCV has gone on loan and Wimmer is leaving with only Foyth coming in, does this mean KWP will provide cover for Rose once he's fit. And davies and Foyth to provide cover for our first choice back three?

You are talking about those of us who object to Spurs to signing this bigot?

It is concerning that you seem to imply that we need the security of our armchairs to voice our concerns. What happens if we met you in person and expressed this view?

I think PL1 and others are referring as much to Aurier's flippant social media outbursts, than to yours or anyone else!

Not sure I get this signing as it means we might as well have kept Walker but he is younger and some say better - let's hope so.

Will this signal a loan for KWP or as CCV has gone on loan and Wimmer is leaving with only Foyth coming in, does this mean KWP will provide cover for Rose once he's fit. And davies and Foyth to provide cover for our first choice back three?
Unfortunately I still don't think KWP is ready yet to compete for a starting place against Trippier. Whilst Trippier is first choice, he will stay as first choice ahead of KWP. If we really want to win things this season we need a player that is already at a Kyle Walkers level. Kyle Walker didn't want to play for us anymore so there's nothing you can do about that other than sell and replace, which we are doing.

It does mean though that KWPs progression may stall.

I think we should run out onto the pitch o this if he signs.

Or how about this?

When Aurier signs, Spurs will perpetuate (and in my view reinforce) the perception that LGBT people are not welcome in football generally and at Spurs specifically.

And that is not a good thing. (Even the most knuckle dragging of Spurs fans must surely see that)

Last edited:
The word he used was indeed a homophobic slur. It's not acceptable. I would hope the club ensure that he does some media work promoting acceptance of LGBT community if indeed he did not mean it. This is the modern world guys, minorities can have a voice about nasty offensive words.

All this is dependant on him signing of course.

Why not?
What's wrong with someone not liking the idea of homosexuality?
Because that's all a 'homophobe' is nowadays. The label of 'hate' is just attached to people with little/no justification.

Not liking a person because they're gay is just unfathomable to me.

It's like not liking... well... people.

Not liking someone because of the way they've been born is definition of prejudice.

Fine, don't like someone because of their character or something they've done, but to sit in negative judgement over someone because one considers them to be not worthy of respect or equity is mind boggling.

If one doesn't like homosexuality, don't have a homosexual relationship.

Not liking a person because they're gay is just unfathomable to me.

It's like not liking... well... people.

Not liking someone because of the way they've been born is definition of prejudice.

Fine, don't like someone because of their character or something they've done, but to sit in negative judgement over someone because one considers them to be not worthy of respect or equity is mind boggling.

If one doesn't like homosexuality, don't have a homosexual relationship.

Ah now, I said nothing about not liking people.
Just about something they do or a lifestyle that they adopt.

Not liking people is different.

Also "if one doesn't like theft, don't steal"...doesn't quite work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back