• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the Manure rumours are coming from Levy himself, knowing a visa is more likely to be granted if the player is United bound?

Man U rumour is from Mirror according to some clickbait sites, now the mirror is just saying "awaiting visa":)

He is though better than Valencia :cool:

The same Amber Rudd that suppressed the report into Saudi Arabia's funding of extreme preachers attending mosques spreading hate?

Good luck with that one!

Can someone lobby Rudd nonetheless outlining the misunderstanding regarding Serge's comments. It seems this guy is jeopardising the deal and our season(s) with it!

The same Amber Rudd that suppressed the report into Saudi Arabia's funding of extreme preachers attending mosques spreading hate?

Good luck with that one!

Can someone lobby Rudd nonetheless outlining the misunderstanding regarding Serge's comments. It seems this guy is jeopardising the deal and our season(s) with it!

The potential issue with his work permit is his suspended sentence for assaulting a police officer, not what he may or may not have called his manager.

The potential issue with his work permit is his suspended sentence for assaulting a police officer, not what he may or may not have called his manager.

Well yes. But if they are going to make an exception should they do it for a bigot?

I.m not too bothered about this player now. WIll he improve us that much?
I would rather us spend what money we have left on midfield and someone up front.
Like Modders or Bale lol
Sorry couldn't,t but help typing that :D:)
Come on you Spurs.......

I am sorry that i have made you so uncontrollably angry.

Your post and others in this thread show the extent of the problem with LGBT engagement in football generally and at Spurs specifically. More depressing than the amount of support these posts generate is that so few people challenge them. I guess they fear the flaming they will get on here if they did.

As for your specific points

I am not sure what gay rights are? Some sort of 1960s throwback?

The question of whether Spurs should sign this bigot and challenging homophobic posts are both valid discussion points for this thread.

Not you. Me. I am ashamed of some the Spurs fanbase attitude to these issues.

For instance, if someone came on here to justify their racist behaviour by claiming they had a black friend. They would be heavily criticised particularly as that argument was discredited in the 1970s. Yet when people on here make the same argument to justify homophobia they get many likes.

I completely disagree with you. And the lack of understanding as to why these "jokes" are offensive demonstrates how much work needs to done in this area.

Well you are the legal expert. However, I am confident that calling Aurier a homophobic bigot is not slanderous. You see the law is very clear on this matter. Aurier's intentions are irrelevant, what matters is whether others perceive those comments were homophobic and whether that perception was reasonably held. To succeed in your slander case, you would have to prove that my view that the words he used were homophobic was not a reasonable view. i can not see how you would do that.

There is at least one assumption in your sentence that is not correct.

Many posts in this thread are not acceptable. And then they liked and encouraged. The few that complain are shut down. That is quite simply wrong.
The main thing that I have found interesting in all of this is that you have decided that somebody (Aurier) is a homophobic bigot, without actually having had any interaction with him. Now Aurier may be just as you have described, or he may not be. I do not understand how you can decide this just based on a comment that doesn't necessarily directly translate? Who was it that made you judge and jury here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back