• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Home Office are hardly known for their leniency, so I doubt that they will be making any exceptions.

I am sure Spurs have very good lawyers and you would think they would be expecting the bigot argument. If they were not, they are not earning their ludicrous fees.

I guess they are arguing along the lines of exceptional talent (blocking the progress of KWP)

The Home Office are hardly known for their leniency, so I doubt that they will be making any exceptions.
There is little doubt in my mind that the "Man from the Home Office" will be a Liverscum, Arscum, Chelscum or United supporter....or more likely have no knowledge of, or interest in, football at all. Our chances of securing a visa are near zero in my opinion - unless the French drop or quash the charge thus expunging him completely. Without this happening, I am pretty sure he won't get a visa.

It's Brandon Lewis, ultimately, if it's a difficult decision. His constituents are from Great Yarmouth, he doesn't have to pretend to be interested in football to keep them sweet.

The main thing that I have found interesting in all of this is that you have decided that somebody (Aurier) is a homophobic bigot, without actually having had any interaction with him. Now Aurier may be just as you have described, or he may not be. I do not understand how you can decide this just based on a comment that doesn't necessarily directly translate? Who was it that made you judge and jury here?

No one. It is just my strongly held opinion.

i am not sure I agree with your argument that i can only have this opinion if I have had interaction with him.

There is little doubt in my mind that the "Man from the Home Office" will be a Liverscum, Arscum, Chelscum or United supporter....or more likely have no knowledge of, or interest in, football at all. Our chances of securing a visa are near zero in my opinion - unless the French drop or quash the charge thus expunging him completely. Without this happening, I am pretty sure he won't get a visa.

There's no paranoia like football supporter paranoia

I am sure Spurs have very good lawyers and you would think they would be expecting the bigot argument. If they were not, they are not earning their ludicrous fees.

I guess they are arguing along the lines of exceptional talent (blocking the progress of KWP)

I doubt that those comments will come into it. The reason he was denied entry to the country last year for their game against Arsenal was because of the suspended sentence. I would be amazed if it had changed since then.

I doubt that those comments will come into it. The reason he was denied entry to the country last year for their game against Arsenal was because of the suspended sentence. I would be amazed if it had changed since then.

They would have to argue that they has been a material change in circumstances since the Arsenal game.

I am not a judge but just appealing the original French conviction does not seem enough.

One would have thought Levy &Co would have 'sorted' all this before they did diddly in this transfer?

Are we just going through the motions?

They would have to argue that they has been a material change in circumstances since the Arsenal game.

I am not a judge but just appealing the original French conviction does not seem enough.

The circumstances are different. It was for one game last time and PSG would not have had time to appeal the decision. We are looking to bring him here to work, will be a lot better acquainted with Home Office rules and procedures and as @StephenH says, have probably been having discussions with them about it since it looked it was on.

Really? I know Levy is an influential and powerful man. But doing deals with judges before the case is heard?

I think that you are getting confused about the role of the immigration tribunal. The tribunal is only for appealing decisions made by the Home Office, this would never get there. This will be decided by an official, probably in a unit dealing with high profile applications. I would expect all Premier League clubs to have official contacts at the Home Office to discuss potential work permits with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back