• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they need a right back?

I know they have a thousand left backs.

I am in two minds because I would really like Walker-Peters to be given a chance and though I have so much respect for Tripper I feel our game is based on pace from the full backs which is what this Aurier chap seems to offer. If he comes it would limit the chances for Walker-Peters.

So much for the "I'm sure Poch has spoken to him"and "I'm sure the club will come out and make him apologise" and all the rest.

He got Spurs to run through all his paperwork and then wants a move to United.

The guy is a complete loose cannon. His agent has assigned him a permanent chaperone.

PSG just want rid and if it's for a few million less to United they aren't gonna turn it down if that gets him gone.

His agent will be happy to make one decent pay day out of him. United I'm sure will offer more in wages than Levy will be willing to risk. And it is a huge risk.

This is a player that was sanctioned by UEFA for calling a referee a son of a bitch, a player sentenced to a jail sentence for assaulting a police officer.

It really isn't worth gambling on a player whose behaviour is a cross between Joey Barton and Gazza, a player who has already disrespected the club.

If it's Walker-Peters for the rest of the season, so be it.

It will sort itself, if he signs fine.
If he goes to Man U then it's just money and a bullet dodged!
It's all internet tittle tattle and means little.

Last edited:
If they were amongst the Liverpool fans that rioted at Heysel and caused the deaths of 39 people, I would be very critical of them. I am not sure the point you are making justifies the belittling of that tragedy.

Pointless I know, but I was attempting to call you out on selective morality. You make all sorts of prejudicial generalizations about certain people from Liverpool, but get touchy about alleged gay slurs. It's all very illogical do you not realise that?

If we sign Aurier, has first choice. And the lack of attacking option this window, what are the chances that Trippier will play more forwards

So much for the "I'm sure Poch has spoken to him"and "I'm sure the club will come out and make him apologise" and all the rest.

He got Spurs to run through all his paperwork and then wants a move to United.

Where's this coming from?
I've only seen reports emanating from the less-reputable parts of the online football media.

So, that's that then, YAnited to come and hijack the deal now surely. Has got Willian written all over it.

I hope that Levy didn't pay for his taxi fare!

Do they need a right back?

I know they have a thousand left backs.

I am in two minds because I would really like Walker-Peters to be given a chance and though I have so much respect for Tripper I feel our game is based on pace from the full backs which is what this Aurier chap seems to offer. If he comes it would limit the chances for Walker-Peters.
I mentioned that we're on the verge of signing Aurier to a ManU supporting mate and he was gutted, as Aurier is apparently the player they hoped would replace Valencia.

Hopefully it's right, and we get him. This Manu stuff does appear to be a bit of media sensationalism, sure hope it is, we could really use a quick rwb.

Seems to originate from mistranslation or misrepresentation of a French article that mentions how previously AUrier's preference HAD been Man Utd before we got involved in proper talks.

How many posts have you written regarding football vs how many re. Gay rights?

Is the tripe about arsenal supposed to make us feel ashamed? Here's the kicker:

Some Frankie Howard like quips don't equal homophobia. If anything it shows how comfortable modern fans are with notions of gayness. Someone using a disparaging term - in French - doesn't mean they are homophobic. It is slanderous to call someone homophobic when you have no clear evidence of homophobia.

It's a bit 'the only gay on the board' - we know you're not the only gay person on here!

One thing rationally highlighting important issues to ensure Spurs is open and accepting, quite another calling everyone who alludes to anything remotely gay as a homophobe!

I am sorry that i have made you so uncontrollably angry.

Your post and others in this thread show the extent of the problem with LGBT engagement in football generally and at Spurs specifically. More depressing than the amount of support these posts generate is that so few people challenge them. I guess they fear the flaming they will get on here if they did.

As for your specific points

How many posts have you written regarding football vs how many re. Gay rights?

I am not sure what gay rights are? Some sort of 1960s throwback?

The question of whether Spurs should sign this bigot and challenging homophobic posts are both valid discussion points for this thread.

Is the tripe about arsenal supposed to make us feel ashamed? Here's the kicker:

Not you. Me. I am ashamed of some the Spurs fanbase attitude to these issues.

For instance, if someone came on here to justify their racist behaviour by claiming they had a black friend. They would be heavily criticised particularly as that argument was discredited in the 1970s. Yet when people on here make the same argument to justify homophobia they get many likes.

Some Frankie Howard like quips don't equal homophobia. If anything it shows how comfortable modern fans are with notions of gayness.

I completely disagree with you. And the lack of understanding as to why these "jokes" are offensive demonstrates how much work needs to done in this area.

Someone using a disparaging term - in French - doesn't mean they are homophobic. It is slanderous to call someone homophobic when you have no clear evidence of homophobia.

Well you are the legal expert. However, I am confident that calling Aurier a homophobic bigot is not slanderous. You see the law is very clear on this matter. Aurier's intentions are irrelevant, what matters is whether others perceive those comments were homophobic and whether that perception was reasonably held. To succeed in your slander case, you would have to prove that my view that the words he used were homophobic was not a reasonable view. i can not see how you would do that.

It's a bit 'the only gay on the board' - we know you're not the only gay person on here!

There is at least one assumption in your sentence that is not correct.

One thing rationally highlighting important issues to ensure Spurs is open and accepting, quite another calling everyone who alludes to anything remotely gay as a homophobe!

Many posts in this thread are not acceptable. And then they liked and encouraged. The few that complain are shut down. That is quite simply wrong.

It's time to get this thread back on topic guys. If you want to discuss homophobia in football more generally then I think you should start a thread on it in General. Discussion about what Aurier may or may not have said and how comfortable you are with him signing are fine. Too many of the posts appear to be using this as a proxy to continue arguments from elsewhere.

I am sorry that i have made you so uncontrollably angry.

Your post and others in this thread show the extent of the problem with LGBT engagement in football generally and at Spurs specifically. More depressing than the amount of support these posts generate is that so few people challenge them. I guess they fear the flaming they will get on here if they did.

As for your specific points

I am not sure what gay rights are? Some sort of 1960s throwback?

The question of whether Spurs should sign this bigot and challenging homophobic posts are both valid discussion points for this thread.

Not you. Me. I am ashamed of some the Spurs fanbase attitude to these issues.

For instance, if someone came on here to justify their racist behaviour by claiming they had a black friend. They would be heavily criticised particularly as that argument was discredited in the 1970s. Yet when people on here make the same argument to justify homophobia they get many likes.

I completely disagree with you. And the lack of understanding as to why these "jokes" are offensive demonstrates how much work needs to done in this area.

Well you are the legal expert. However, I am confident that calling Aurier a homophobic bigot is not slanderous. You see the law is very clear on this matter. Aurier's intentions are irrelevant, what matters is whether others perceive those comments were homophobic and whether that perception was reasonably held. To succeed in your slander case, you would have to prove that my view that the words he used were homophobic was not a reasonable view. i can not see how you would do that.

There is at least one assumption in your sentence that is not correct.

Many posts in this thread are not acceptable. And then they liked and encouraged. The few that complain are shut down. That is quite simply wrong.

IF this is an example of LGBT engagement in football, it is going to cause more disengagement IMHO.

Im off to the naughty step now. OK Milo dont go on! Im going!

It's time to get this thread back on topic guys. If you want to discuss homophobia in football more generally then I think you should start a thread on it in General. Discussion about what Aurier may or may not have said and how comfortable you are with him signing are fine. Too many of the posts appear to be using this as a proxy to continue arguments from elsewhere.

@AuroRaman has been kind enough to start a thread.

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/homophobia-in-football.9142/#post-954933

I'll move OT posts over there from now but it would be great if you I didn't have to.

I don't think that anyone should ever taco coppers. And I'd like law enforcement professionals to feel safe and welcomed at our matches whether they are attending off-duty as supporters, or intimidating fans by wandering up on giant horsies. Signing a bill-batterer would be a retrograde step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back