• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season Ticket Renewal Talk

This is exactly what I'm mentioned in the ENIC thread.

The worst part of games now isn't just the football, it's all the fudging moaning around me in the stadium. The half time boos, the slagging off of individual players, the groans at misplaced passes.

What's hilarious is people on this board think that will change with a managerial appointment or owner change .. it won't ..

I don’t think that’s entirely accurate. The fanbase was unified under Poch as everyone could see there was a plan. Even when he was sacked and replaced by Jose, there wasn’t much unrest in the early days. Same with Conte, people got behind him, there was an optimism at the start of the season that hasn’t been there since the height of Poch. It’s only when results started to go downhill coupled with the drab football that people got fed up again. I think there was a feeling of ENIC getting many things wrong but wanting to support the manager and the team in the short to medium term to see how things played out. Hasn’t really been much to shout about in the last few seasons has there? Hardly any progress on the pitch, poor football, terrible decisions from the hierarchy.

This is exactly what I'm mentioned in the ENIC thread.

The worst part of games now isn't just the football, it's all the fudging moaning around me in the stadium. The half time boos, the slagging off of individual players, the groans at misplaced passes.

What's hilarious is people on this board think that will change with a managerial appointment or owner change .. it won't ..

The contrast with the last season at the lane is stark. Reduced capacity, fans as one, driving the team on.

The frustrating thing is it would be an amazing experience if just half the fans got behind the team. It is not that easy to get chants going, and I fell out of love with our brethren in the new stadium too. Where is the unity, the never say die support? I dont care if the side is losing if there're 40k+ yids chanting and having a ball.

I wonder how much has to do with social media. The narratives that bite and get hits are the negative ones, and modern fans (who can be old) come with a prepackaged whinge fest. When they should turn up with new songs and a determination to make the place vibrate with Spurs energy.

I can get to the lane in 20 minutes, but mainly due to work and family, I rarely go. And I don’t feel like I am missing much now. Unless you’re in the south stand I wouldn’t bother with a season ticket.

Last edited:
The contrast with the last season at the lane is stark. Reduced capacity, fas as one, driving the team on.

The frustrating thing is it would be an amazing experience if just half the fans got behind the team. It is not that easy to get chants going, and I fell out of love with our brethren in the new stadium too. Where is the unit, the never say die support? I dont care if the side is losing if they’re 40k+ yids chanting and having a ball.

I wonder how much has to do with social media. The narratives that bite and get hits are the negative ones, and modern fans (who can be old) come with a prepackaged whinge fest. When they should turn up with new songs and a determination to make the place vibrate with Spurs energy.

I can get to the lane in 20 minutes, but mainly due to work and family, I rarely go. And I don’t feel like I am missing much now. Unless you’re in the south stand I wouldn’t bother with a season ticket.

I do think so, that's why I said, I don't think it reverses.

Said it before, there are plenty who sit behind me that are bitching 5 minutes in ..

It takes me an hour to get to the lane, I get there early, then I leave an hour post match to avoid the chaos. That kind of time and money commitment to be fudging miserable? wtf, if I wanted to bitch I could stay home and complain on my keyboard.

I don’t think that’s entirely accurate. The fanbase was unified under Poch as everyone could see there was a plan. Even when he was sacked and replaced by Jose, there wasn’t much unrest in the early days. Same with Conte, people got behind him, there was an optimism at the start of the season that hasn’t been there since the height of Poch. It’s only when results started to go downhill coupled with the drab football that people got fed up again. I think there was a feeling of ENIC getting many things wrong but wanting to support the manager and the team in the short to medium term to see how things played out. Hasn’t really been much to shout about in the last few seasons has there? Hardly any progress on the pitch, poor football, terrible decisions from the hierarchy.

So honestly, why fudging go?

If the football is brick, you hate the ownership, think the direction is off, you want change? then surely the best answer is don't go, don't give the money/time to the club.

It seems some people actually like the bitching/misery part.

So honestly, why fudging go?

If the football is brick, you hate the ownership, think the direction is off, you want change? then surely the best answer is don't go, don't give the money/time to the club.

It seems some people actually like the bitching/misery part.

It’s a dilemma football fans face. I myself am in the same boat. I want to support the team and the club but I don’t want to line ENIC’s pockets any more. I’ve been to 5 league games this season and probably won’t go again until next season. I usually try and to go anywhere from 10-15 games. And I’m not someone who boos players or calls for new ownership but I would like a change.

The contrast with the last season at the lane is stark. Reduced capacity, fas as one, driving the team on.

The frustrating thing is it would be an amazing experience if just half the fans got behind the team. It is not that easy to get chants going, and I fell out of love with our brethren in the new stadium too. Where is the unit, the never say die support? I dont care if the side is losing if they’re 40k+ yids chanting and having a ball.

I think alots down to social media, like I've said before I've spent alot of time looking at the statements made on twitter and youtube about various Spurs topics and it's astonishing how many word for word narratives you hear around the place on all sides of all arguments. Footballs become much more like politics in that respect IMO.

On the subject of ST I will renew and continue to gift to my nephew and his mate till my sons old enough to go and shape his own opinion on football and Spurs. The reason I stopped myself was the bile and vile pockets of fans you find now where every player or person is a cnut if they misplace a pass. Don't get me wrong I like to moan and moan on here but at games I'm more of an over emotional Spurs are great the oppo are crap....I can't stomach the OTT abuse and ita become noticeably worse.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I have only been to Tottenham once in 2023 to see us play live. I just could not be bothered because Conte ball stopped being fun for me.

Loads of people who go to Spurs live further than me, but the journey from South East London to N17 has just felt a chore this season, rather just watch it from home. I gave great consideration to giving up my season ticket.

Today, last home match of the season, yes I should be there but I just do not care enough, I just want the season to end.

Anyway, yesterday I renewed my season ticket for the 26th time, hoping next season will be better. It is the hope that kills you :)

Last edited:
I have only been to Tottenham once in 2023 to see us play live. I just ould not be bothered because Conte ball stopped being fun for me.

Loads of people who go to Spurs live further than me, but the journey from South East London to N17 has just felt a chore this season, rather just watch it from home. Have great consideration to giving up my season ticket.

Today, last home match of the season, yes I should be there but I just do not care enough, I just want the season to end.

Anyway, yesterday I renewed my season ticket for the 26th time, hoping next season will be better. It is the hope that kills you :)

It always does, but i would not miss the thrill of opening day at the Lane for anything else.

Back