• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

For me the biggest question is, what happens to Modric?

I do think that some fans need to steel themselves for the departure of some of their favourites, or at least prepare themselves for them not to play. Most Managers now have succumbed to the 4-5-1 fad, and that will ring changes to our first XI if people like it or not.

I think that he is as good as sold

I think that he is as good as sold

I think so too unfortunately. So if Parker is dropped as I suspect he will be, and Modric is sold we'll practically have a different midfield to last season. Which is strange really, because I felt last year the one area where we were title contending material was our strongest midfield four. And three of them may not even be regulars in the team next year.....and the other may be played in a different position!

I think so too unfortunately. So if Parker is dropped as I suspect he will be, and Modric is sold we'll practically have a different midfield to last season. Which is strange really, because I felt last year the one area where we were title contending material was our strongest midfield four. And three of them may not even be regulars in the team next year.....and the other may be played in a different position!

It's all speculation. Ian Holloway could be unveiled on Sunday*.

*I doubt that would do little to convince Modric to stay

The thing is even with the current team I don't think he would have to change the team too drastically with existing personnel. I can see an AVB team being:

GK : Gomes
RB: Walker
CB: Kaboul
CB: New Player
LB: Ekotto
DM : Sandro
CM: New Player
CM: Modric
RW : Bale
LW : Pienaar
CF : New Player

It's looking like we'll sign Verts and Sigs so that's two of three required players straight away. And we know we're in the hunt for a striker.

Playing Gomes in goal and Bale on the right? Please no!

It doesn't really matter whether you rate Parker as better than Sandro, or vice versa, one thing is clear - Parker doesn't have the legs for top level football for much longer. I'd imagine this is probably his last season at that level. A team with top four ambitions can't keep starting with a holding midfielder who is all run out by around sixty minutes every game. So if we're planning for the long term, we need to look beyond him. Either to Sandro, or some alternative.

It doesn't really matter whether you rate Parker as better than Sandro, or vice versa, one thing is clear - Parker doesn't have the legs for top level football for much longer. I'd imagine this is probably his last season at that level. A team with top four ambitions can't keep starting with a holding midfielder who is all run out by around sixty minutes every game. So if we're planning for the long term, we need to look beyond him. Either to Sandro, or some alternative.

Sorry but that's not clear at all.

Agreed. Parker doesnt have the legs to chase all over the field hunting the ball, but at the same time thats not even his strength.

He has a few years left in him easily if he stays focused on the role he is so good at - sit between midfield and defence and stop anything that gets through

notsureifserious.jpg

If this is based on the Internationals, them i understand the assumption, but he wasn't exactly fit going in.

There was some article in the Times that said Sandro was our slowest player. It was a weird article though, we had Crouch at that time!

My word he was awful for England at Euro 2012, it was like watching him when he was here, painful.

James Milner and Ashley Young were even worse.

My word he was awful for England at Euro 2012, it was like watching him when he was here, painful.

James Milner and Ashley Young were even worse.

He was awful against Italy and Sweden but he was far from awful in the first two games.

Considering he was playing with pain killing injections to allow him to play, he did quite well. Whether we'll see him play for us any time soon is another question...

He'll be useful for the next year. A good anchor to deploy when we need to close opponents down or see games out. But beyond that? His space in the team's looking ever more likely to become Livermore's place, and Sandro's looking increasingly like being our first choice in defensive midfield. So he won't be useful beyond the end of 2012-2013,I think. Still, I've been proven wrong about OAPs before.

He'll be useful for the next year. A good anchor to deploy when we need to close opponents down or see games out. But beyond that? His space in the team's looking ever more likely to become Livermore's place, and Sandro's looking increasingly like being our first choice in defensive midfield. So he won't be useful beyond the end of 2012-2013,I think. Still, I've been proven wrong about OAPs before.

Now I am all for supporting our youth and all that but do you actually believe that Livermore will be anything more than a squad player, let alone take Parker's place next season???

I think he's saying Parker will become what Livermore is to us now, regardless of what happens to Livermore himself.

Back