• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

I think Livermore is contender for most improved player last season. It really surprised me as I hadn't really seen that much promise in his play before then. Maybe he's had some good coaching or whatever.
I can only think of a few games where he was off the pace, but for the most part he was steady, disciplined and used the ball well. Plus he's a true yid which is worth a few bonus points.

From papercut a while back....
"A Spurs supporting friend of mine (whose husband is hardcore Arsenal it seems) told me this story of a friend of hers. This friend's son's favourite player is Jake and for his birthday they tweeted JL to ask if he would sign his Spurs shirt (if they sent it). He agreed. Now on the kid's birthday there's a knock at the door and guess who? JL turns up with these gifts and personally wishes him a Happy Birthday (and chats to the lad). Of course they're over the moon! Oh and my mate's husband thought it was a brilliant gesture...

Good lad...
"

I think Livermore is contender for most improved player last season. It really surprised me as I hadn't really seen that much promise in his play before then. Maybe he's had some good coaching or whatever.
I can only think of a few games where he was off the pace, but for the most part he was steady, disciplined and used the ball well. Plus he's a true yid which is worth a few bonus points.

From papercut a while back....
"A Spurs supporting friend of mine (whose husband is hardcore Arsenal it seems) told me this story of a friend of hers. This friend's son's favourite player is Jake and for his birthday they tweeted JL to ask if he would sign his Spurs shirt (if they sent it). He agreed. Now on the kid's birthday there's a knock at the door and guess who? JL turns up with these gifts and personally wishes him a Happy Birthday (and chats to the lad). Of course they're over the moon! Oh and my mate's husband thought it was a brilliant gesture...

Good lad...
"

Great story - wish some of the youngsters had such a gratitude towards the fans rather than outgrowing their boots far too quickly.

Having said that, for all his improvements, he is still miles away from being on the starting teamsheet for a team with top 4 aspirations...

Parker has visited the sports clinic in Umeå (swe) to get the achilles problems in order. They are World leaders in sorting these problems, do not know how it went?

Why wait until the season is upon us for the operation?

This has been a known problem since the end of last season and they have being talking about the need for an operation since the end of the Euros.

Why wait until the season is upon us for the operation?

This has been a known problem since the end of last season and they have being talking about the need for an operation since the end of the Euros.

Exactly. It's pathetic if they've just waited. There must be more to the wait surely????

Exactly. It's pathetic if they've just waited. There must be more to the wait surely????

Medical advice was probably along the lines of "Rest it for x number of weeks. If no improvement, then operate".

Surgery shouldn't be the default option. Not healthy for the body to be put under anaesthetic any more than it needs to be.

But the medical advice was probably not "Go to the Euros, then rest it for x number of weeks. If no improvement, then operate".

While I agree that normal medical practice is to avoid unnecessary operations, general anaesthesia has come a long way since the says you were told you shouldn't have more than three in your lifetime (it may always have been a myth). If we were following medical best practice, players wouldn't play with painkilling injections, e.g. Walker last season, and Ledley would have retired years ago.

I've noticed this is a pattern with players or the manager commenting on possible need for an operation and then waiting a few weeks. Didn't that happen to Huddlestone last season?

The question is will Sandro be available or will he take a few weeks off after the Olympics. Hopefully he had his summer break before the Olympics and they have been his preseason.

Sometimes you have to wait from the swelling or ligaments or tendon to heal before you can operate. We must be due some compensation from FA though.

From personal experience and research Achilles Heel injuries are notoriously unpredictable in terms of treatment and recovery. They have a habit of settling down, and then flaring up again. I imagine they wanted to give it every chance of sorting itself out without surgery, because even with the best surgeon, recovery can be problematic.

Who needs

article-1334651517842-129CC182000005DC-473920_636x300.jpg

When we've got

jenas_682x400_485914a.jpg

Who needs

article-1334651517842-129CC182000005DC-473920_636x300.jpg

When we've got

jenas_682x400_485914a.jpg
I'm not really a JJ Fan. However looking back over the years on this board, a lot of people had it in for Jenas because he passed it sidewards and backwards rather than forwards and he played it simple rather than running with the ball. He covered a lot of ground and stuck his fair share of tackles in.

Nowadays Parker is praised for doing exactly the same thing, and in my opinion his passing game and ball retention is worse than Jenas. Jenas also offers a lot more going forwards too.

Back