• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

Only because of his injuries. 12-18 months ago then I'd've said all of them. A few rusty performances post injury and Sherwood declaring him as not being good enough doesn't suddenly make him ****. Rewind to January last year and the majority on this site had him as player of the season(up to that point) ahead of Bale, then he wrecked his knee at QPR and his season was over.

Only because of his injuries. 12-18 months ago then I'd've said all of them. A few rusty performances post injury and Sherwood declaring him as not being good enough doesn't suddenly make him ****. Rewind to January last year and the majority on this site had him as player of the season(up to that point) ahead of Bale, then he wrecked his knee at QPR and his season was over.

Spot on!

One of the positives to take into next season is that players like Sandro has a lot more to offer than they've been able to this season.

Quick question about Sandro....

If we ere to put him on the transfer list tomorrow, how many of the top 4 teams + Manure do you think would be interested?

I think you could do this list with a lot of our players and I think only eriksen would come out as someone that half would take.

Sandro was the one who made the issue public with his tweet. Sherwood just answered a question put to him. You cannot compare football with real life, how often do real employees go on twitter to criticise their line manager whether subtle or not and then carry on being employees?

Did he criticise Sherwood? Did he mention Sherwood? I'm not doubting that he had an agenda and have already said he was stupid. A manager should just state the facts in public "he wasn't selected to play" that's all he needed to say "we'll deal with it internally" perhaps?

I thought we'd parted company with HR and do not miss listening to his rubbish. Seems we have version 2 now

If we ere to put him on the transfer list tomorrow, how many of the top 4 teams + Manure do you think would be interested?

Man U and Cheatski i reckon.... also i think Martinez might feel there is a player in Sandro that he can get more out of with some work on the training ground.

Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool (when Gerrard finally retires) and Arsenal.

So only City that wouldn't really.

City might not but Sandro's certainly better than Javi Garcia who they seem to call on when they need to shore things up.

from the way sherwood has been going at our defensive midfielders i won't be surprised if we lost all three next season:
dembele to man u
sandro to arsenal
paulinho to liverpool

from the way sherwood has been going at our defensive midfielders i won't be surprised if we lost all three next season:
dembele to man u
sandro to arsenal
paulinho to liverpool

Of those, I only really see Sandro as a DM. In fact, I think we only have Sandro and Capoue in the squad who play that role by trade.

dembele to man u
sandro to arsenal
paulinho to liverpool

Don't forget Capoue.

It's strange with Sherwood because at first he played no DMs and was fervently anti-AVB. Then he went through a phase of getting it right imo, playing either one or two depending on the game(away to Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Capoue, Bentaleb, Dembele and Paulinho all played), but over the past month or so he's reverted back to type. Maybe Les has been winning rock, paper, scissors lately.

Sandro was the one who made the issue public with his tweet. Sherwood just answered a question put to him. You cannot compare football with real life, how often do real employees go on twitter to criticise their line manager whether subtle or not and then carry on being employees?

I do think actually its laughable that a player cannot say whether he is injured or not.

EDIT - Infact I'd like the EPL to bring in an injury status on players, at the minute you have Sky and Talksport relying on Physioroom to provide its updates which is just a collation of info from pictures of players training on there official web sites. I think there should be less cloak and dagger approach to this. Then you miss out the bull**** type of questioning from reporters looking for a story.

BTW, as a matter of fact all Tim Sherwood had to do was to say he wasn't match fit and maybe we see him next week.

Last edited:
I do think actually its laughable that a player cannot say whether he is injured or not.

EDIT - Infact I'd like the EPL to bring in an injury status on players, at the minute you have Sky and Talksport relying on Physioroom to provide its updates which is just a collation of info from pictures of players training on there official web sites. I think there should be less cloak and dagger approach to this. Then you miss out the bull**** type of questioning from reporters looking for a story.

BTW, as a matter of fact all Tim Sherwood had to do was to say he wasn't match fit and maybe we see him next week.

You can also argue that Sandro could have just tweeted good luck and left it at that without having to report on the status of his fitness...

Unfortunately this is the case with so much of what Timmeh does/says.

There are ways of saying what he said that don't make the player look small, the club look stupid and the manager look like a ****. When this happens, everyone shrugs their shoulders and carries on without even noticing what happened.

There's no factual difference between what you said and what Timmeh did, it's just that Timmeh said it in a way that makes him seem like Mr. Big ******** - something he seems incredibly keen to continue doing.

I don't think publicly stating Sandro is not good enough for the squad will motivate Sandro. Or at least it might but that won't help. The issue is that I don't think Sandro is the type of player Sherwood wants in his midfield. No amount of public criticism is going to change the type of player Sandro is. He is a very good defensive midfielder, with limited attacking capabilities. He is not suddenly going to become an all-rounder through being motivated.

So if that was part of Sherwood's thinking, it is flawed - although I don't it was. I think Sherwood was just being unprofessionally and foolishly blunt.

Go on Tim, start him v Stoke. We all know what we need him to do, because I will guarantee Adam will try and take Eriksen out early doors now he hasnt got Bale to nobble

Go on Tim, start him v Stoke. We all know what we need him to do, because I will guarantee Adam will try and take Eriksen out early doors now he hasnt got Bale to nobble

Can't see it. Will be the same team again I imagine, it worked at home to hapless Fulham so why not ... :rolleyes:

City might not but Sandro's certainly better than Javi Garcia who they seem to call on when they need to shore things up.

Thats exactly my point about Sandro. He's only needed when we need to shore things up.
We dont need him to play at home against most teams.

Whereas most people here think the team is gonna fall apart without him putting in his 2 tackles and 3 interceptions per game.

Thats exactly my point about Sandro. He's only needed when we need to shore things up.
We dont need him to play at home against most teams.

Whereas most people here think the team is gonna fall apart without him putting in his 2 tackles and 3 interceptions per game.

hmph [-( , well if thats all you think he does no wonder you dont see how valuable he is;)

Back