• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

Yeah, calling out our players publicly and practically calling them **** is fair game, can't see how that won't motivate them.

I couldn't give a stuff, Id much rather know what our manager really thinks rather than the usual momtonous soundbites given that makes you no wiser as to what on earth he is thinking. If a player can't react positively to criticism whether it's in public or behind closed doors then I really do question the mentality of such players....

I bet Levy is loving the book values of some of our players halving every time this gob****e talks to the media.

Agreed

Tottenham's win on Saturday was soured somewhat by comments on Twitter from midfielder Sandro, who reacted to his omission from Sherwood's matchday squad by revealing he was not injured.
Sherwood, however, maintains he has no problem with the Brazilian.
"He's a good lad. He's not being disrespectful to me, I don't think," added the Tottenham boss.
"At the moment, I think Nacer Chadli has done well in there (the centre of midfield) and Paulinho has done well in there. I like Sandro's qualities but at the moment he's not selected.
"I don't care about the tweet. He can tweet what he wants. At the end of the day, he will always get an honest opinion from me and he's right in what he's tweeting.
"He's fit to play but he's not selected because he's not up to it at the moment ahead of other people.
"That's not to say against West Ham and Stoke he won't be, because we might look for different qualities in there, but for today's game he's not in the squad because he's not selected."

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/sherwood-praises-world-class-lloris#ATCGwLW91EW7Ilrz.99

I'm sure something will be found within those quotes that according to some is wrong. How dare he say such things in public....

I'm sure something will be found within those quotes that according to some is wrong. How dare he say such things in public....

Probably been told to change what he says by the savvy media people behind the scenes at the club.. isn't there a gap between tv interviews to written media stuff..

Probably been told to change what he says by the savvy media people behind the scenes at the club.. isn't there a gap between tv interviews to written media stuff..

Doubtful, not like he's listened any other time if instructed to? Just an honest, fair assessment of how he sees things and fair play to him...

Well if Sandro doesn't use this to motivate him to work harder in training, then he isn't the 'Beast' we thought he was.

Doesn't matter whether Sandro 'started it', Sherwood's job as the manager of out club is to keep his dirty laundry OUT of the public eye! his 'I'm-an-honest-geezer' **** is really winding me up more and more every single week. He can find a way to answer questions about that tweet without the detail and player-appraisal. In the end he continues to show his inexperienced man-management ****. The sooner summer comes the better!!!
Although I am not entirely comfortable with speaking about players in public, and I understand posters irritation, but I am willing to go along with it as long as what Sherwood says is to do with football and does not stray into the personal sphere of players, private club info, criticising the club or fans and as long as he still maintains the support of most of the players. So far imo he has kept to this. We should not forget that Sandro has brought it out into the public domain - Rossi check the replies on his twitter feed which Sandro has done nothing to refute. I like Sandro but this sounds like he is throwing his toys out of the pram. Wasn't Mourinho quite public about Joe Cole's limitations?

Although I am not entirely comfortable with speaking about players in public, and I understand posters irritation, but I am willing to go along with it as long as what Sherwood says is to do with football and does not stray into the personal sphere of players, private club info, criticising the club or fans and as long as he still maintains the support of most of the players. So far imo he has kept to this. We should not forget that Sandro has brought it out into the public domain - Rossi check the replies on his twitter feed which Sandro has done nothing to refute. I like Sandro but this sounds like he is throwing his toys out of the pram. Wasn't Mourinho quite public about Joe Cole's limitations?

It does look like Sandro was playing up to the fans. Lots of Tim hate and how dare the beast be dropped in the replies. I'm a big Sandro fan but he is no innocent in this.

I think some struggle to differentiate between football manager and online forum poster. As much as I don't rate some of our players, I don't want to hear our manager publicly slating them, it's unprofessional and unwarranted.

This is the heart of the matter. How can it help to engender a great team spirt if you regularly get a dig publicly at your own players? To be fair to Tim he has managed to extract some good results out of the team despite poor performances so all due credit to him for that, but you have to wonder long-term whether this constant flow of public jibes and put-downs will ultimately undermine the players to such an extent he loses control of the dressing room.

It does look like Sandro was playing up to the fans. Lots of Tim hate and how dare the beast be dropped in the replies. I'm a big Sandro fan but he is no innocent in this.

WHo said he was mate? Not I. He is ****ed off, no doubt, and it was naughty, but the manager should be able to handle it with ease…if he wants to of course! it's easy! If Tim's in any doubt as to how, he is welcome to read what I wrote above and use it in future. Being the nice chap I am, I won't even charge him for speech-writing services!

This is the heart of the matter. How can it help to engender a great team spirt if you regularly get a dig publicly at your own players? To be fair to Tim he has managed to extract some good results out of the team despite poor performances so all due credit to him for that, but you have to wonder long-term whether this constant flow of public jibes and put-downs will ultimately undermine the players to such an extent he loses control of the dressing room.
Mate perhaps you are right, but the Sandro tweet will do nothing to engender a team spirit anyway. Look lets face it, what he says and does in public as long as it's kept in the sphere of football will make little difference in the long run. What's important is how he interacts with players like Sandro on a day to day basis.

Fulham had nothing in midfield of any strength from my observations. A half fit Sandro could have imposed himself quite easily. That's why

The opposition or their lack of strength wasn't my point. My point was that Sandro HASN'T bossed the midfield when he has played recently, his form has been erratic at best and he certainly hasn't performed to the standards we've seen in the past to which you rightly say that he can impose himself and most probably could have today. Based on his current form, however, I wouldn't say it's any certainty that he would have played to that sort of standard.

Sandro's current form isn't the best, it's generally what happens when you return from injury and don't get a consistent run. That said, I don't know who in this squad is currently "in form". Of today's starting 11 - Lloris - yes, Naughton - by his standards, yes. Kaboul - no. Fryers - possibly. Rose - no. Lennon - you'd think so given he's been undroppable under Tim but the answer is no. Chadli - no. Paulinho - no. Eriksen - 100%. Ade - not lately. Kane - yes I guess so.

"That's not to say against West Ham and Stoke he won't be, because we might look for different qualities in there

Given that Tim obviously follows Sandro on Twitter, I would expect some of Sandros "qualities" are clearly perfect for Stoke, and one dirty little scumbag in particular.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/31/sandr...elines-tottenham-midfielder-paulinho-4246113/

Forget the dirty laundry, the inevitable FA charge and a probable GBH prosecution. I think Sherwood as much as any other Spurs fan would love to see Sandro go right through Adam in the first minute. It might mean a red, no points, 8th place.... but a bit of justice in football would be nice from time to time.

Didn't Tim have a go at pauliniho.....and now he is playing and possibly well by his recent standards..... Just saying

Sandro is a spacker, Sherwood is a spacker, many of our internet fans are spackers.

I think that about sums it up. No one is in the right here, but Sandro is mostly in the wrong, no doubt partly cos his ego is big cos of our internet fans lapping him up. Sure he seems a good guy with a charming personality but as a player he's done little to suggest he should start every game, certainly shouldn't be needed for Fulham at home.

BT are troublemakers, however, and it worked.

Back