• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

Was poor last time out, but more than made up for it today. Excellent performance, worth his weight in gold when he plays like that.

Was poor last time out, but more than made up for it today. Excellent performance, worth his weight in gold when he plays like that.

There was a moment in the game where he shrugged off Lukaku ... quite funny, don't think Lukaku has been out muscled too often ..

There was a moment in the game where he shrugged off Lukaku ... quite funny, don't think Lukaku has been out muscled too often ..

Agreed, that was pretty funny. Beaaast!

Did an excellent job against Lukaku and protected the back 4 brilliantly both against counter attacks and when we forced them into playing long balls when our high pressure was working.

I liked it when he squared up to the ref for giving a free kick outside our area yesterday. He had to compose himself it seemed

Chuckled at that. Did Lukaku a couple of times but that one instinctively had me shouting "Beast" at the telly.

He was absolutely immense yesterday. Could not for the life of me understand why he was taken off.

Edit: Just saw it was apparently an injury which is fair enough.

Last edited:
He put Lukaku on his ****. The only person i have seen the beast struggle against was that Traore fella for Anzi but to be fair he is an absolute monster.

Sandro had 5 interceptions in 45 minutes against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, which was more than any other player today.

He is the reason we lost. He has to play every game he is fit or alternatively play Capoue who looks tidy in a similar tole

We have to stop teams in the early stage of attacks and Sandro does that whilst retaining the ball. That's a rare and quite unique skill in the modern game and is so important to the system AVBS wants to play.

Paulinho and Dembele couldn't tackle a sack of potatoes yet they were expected to do that against a. Saudi Sportswashing Machine team playing well and with 3 men in the middle!?!?!?! Poor from AVB

Was our best player when he came on against Poocastle, not just his intercepting and tackling, but his simple yet effective FORWARD passing.. Should be the first name on the team sheet week in-week out in my eyes.

Was our best player when he came on against Poocastle, not just his intercepting and tackling, but his simple yet effective FORWARD passing.. Should be the first name on the team sheet week in-week out in my eyes.

Totally agree. The difference in the performance with him off the field, and with him on it was remarkable.

He is the reason we lost. He has to play every game he is fit or alternatively play Capoue who looks tidy in a similar tole

We have to stop teams in the early stage of attacks and Sandro does that whilst retaining the ball. That's a rare and quite unique skill in the modern game and is so important to the system AVBS wants to play.

Paulinho and Dembele couldn't tackle a sack of potatoes yet they were expected to do that against a. Saudi Sportswashing Machine team playing well and with 3 men in the middle!?!?!?! Poor from AVB

I think we've been a bit unlucky in that we have two great options for that defensive midfield role in Sandro and Capoue yet due to injuries we've been without both of them for quite a few games already this season...

Tottenham must bounce back with win at Emirates Marketing Project, Sandro says
• Midfielder 'very sad' after Saudi Sportswashing Machine defeat
• Spurs lie seventh during international break
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/11/tottenham-hotspur-manchester-city-sandro

The Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Sandro has conceded his side must adapt their game and develop more strength of character if they are to satisfy lofty ambitions and challenge for major honours this season.

Spurs' serene progress through the group stage of the Europa League has masked recent domestic toils, with Saudi Sportswashing Machine's victory at White Hart Lane representing a third defeat of the league campaign and leaving the side with only one home league goal in 341 minutes. While André Villas-Boas' side, in seventh, are only three points off second place, they carry a sense of deflation into the international break with games against Emirates Marketing Project and Manchester United facing them on resumption of the Premier League.

"It will be a hard two weeks," said Sandro. "I'm very sad. For me, when I lose I feel so bad, so when I go home I keep thinking about it. We have to go to Emirates Marketing Project now and win there. The Saudi Sportswashing Machine goalkeeper [Tim Krul] was amazing on the day, making a lot of saves, but when the goalkeeper is good we have to do something or try something else. The manager was angry, everyone was. It was difficult.

"It's hard but we have to win something. We have a great team and have to think all the time about winning. A loss at home is difficult [to take] and now there's a long wait. It is just at the early stages of the season but we have to change to be more strong to win something. To win the title you have to win consecutive matches. Like, from now, to win five games consecutively for this dream to come back."

Despite the summer's heavy recruitment, albeit largely funded by the sale of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid, Spurs are still seeking to convince themselves they can force their way into the top four and challenge for the title. Defeating City at the Etihad Stadium and following that with victory over United a week later would increase the conviction that they can make that transition.

"If you see teams in the top four, they win a lot of games in a row, five or more," said Sandro. "We still have to do it. We did it last season but drew a lot at the end which made the difference. Now it is the time to go to Emirates Marketing Project and beat them, then Manchester United. We have to win these games as we lost in this game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I believe we can win at City because, if we play well ourselves, we can beat any team. We have to try. We are a good team – you can see the players in the team and on the bench."

Last edited:
Brazilian midfielder Sandro declared our performance against Saudi Sportswashing Machine to be **** insisting we must win something this season.

Sandro: "It's hard but we have to win something. We have a great team and have to think all the time about winning. It is just at the early stages of the season but we have to change to be more strong to win. You have to win consecutive matches. Like from now, to win five games consecutively for this dream to come back. This game was ****"

He's on TalkSport later on today (not sure what time - Adrian Durhams drive time show - 4pm-7pm).

Don't know if it's on phone or in studio but I kind of hope its in the studio and he knocks Durham out for always talking smack about AVB/Spurs. :lol:

Back