• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

Re: Sandro - Legend

Hopefully the surgery went well to rebuild the ACL. Speaking from personal experience with a severed ACL that could not be rebuilt due to fracturing of the femur and tibia, it's a very painful injury to endure. Without the ACL, you can't easily walk downhill or down stairs without holding a railing.

Walking off the pitch like he did was very brave, shows the strength of the muscles that support his knee, because the natural reaction would have been for the bottom of his femur to slide forward within the joint, over top of the tibia, the shin bone, and downward. Sickening feeling. When mine did that the first time I tried to stand up after my injury, I threw up.

Hopefully, his new ligament sets well and he enjoys a speedy recovery. He's certainly got the facilities at Hotspur Way to get it done. And he has a mentality about him that says he'll work his ass off to make it happen. But I'm not anxious to see him rush back. Add in the meniscal damage and this is as serious a knee injury as it gets. Hopefully, insurance kicks in to cover Spurs costs. That might help us get another player, but Sandro isn't a player easily replaced, if at all.

Last I heard on the subject, a month or so ago, Dembele's physio tweeted that the player was 100% fit. Any suggestion that his hip needs surgery is based on nothing more than mere conjecture and hearsay, I think.

He's been subbed a few times recently and looks to be walking off in discomfort. I might be reading too much into it, but to my eyes it still looks like the hip is causing him pain.

He's been subbed a few times recently and looks to be walking off in discomfort. I might be reading too much into it, but to my eyes it still looks like the hip is causing him pain.

Why wouldn't we have gotten the issue sorted while he was out for 8 weeks if that was the case?

Why wouldn't we have gotten the issue sorted while he was out for 8 weeks if that was the case?
Maybe the surgery is complicated and has a long recuperation. I think he ended up being out much longer than planned, otherwise they probably would have bitten the bullet.

Maybe the surgery is complicated and has a long recuperation. I think he ended up being out much longer than planned, otherwise they probably would have bitten the bullet.

But his physio said he was returning to the club injury free?

Just seems like him needing surgery has taken on a life of it's own rather than coming from any proof. Maybe he will but there's nothing official suggesting it right now.

I can't answer that. What we do know about the injury from press releases is this is an existing condition that is prone to flaring up that up until his last episode normally took 3-4 days of rest to ease. On this occasion the injury worsened and lead to his absence for an extended period which by all accounts initially it was thought he'd need an operation as the player stated himself, but for whatever reason Spurs medical staff made the decision to rest the injury. It may well have completely cleared up, but it also not beyond the realms of possibility that he is still carrying the injury and going under the knife would have put him out longer than 8 weeks so the condition is being managed.

Anyway I don't want to derail the Sandro thread so I'll finish there.

But his physio said he was returning to the club injury free?

Just seems like him needing surgery has taken on a life of it's own rather than coming from any proof. Maybe he will but there's nothing official suggesting it right now.

Exactly.

Conjecture and hearsay.

Damn it really doesn't look good.

Looks normal to me - a few keyholes, and a slice so they can get in properly.

I had staples like that all the way from my ankle to knee, on the outside of my leg and on the inside of my leg, on both legs, when I snapped them both, so they are nothing unusual.

http://injuryleague.com/2013/01/sandro-reveals-extent-of-injury-photo/

[h=2]Sandro reveals extent of injury [photo][/h] Posted on 19 January 2013. Tags: Andre Villa Boas, Sandro, Tottenham Hotspur
As it was revealed that Tottenham’s Sandro would miss the rest of the season with the knee injury he suffered when he landed awkwardly against QPR last weekend, the midfielder tweeted a photograph of his knee showing the scar following the operation.

Sandro said
I’ve already overcome many obstacles…This is just one more.
Andre Villa Boas said about the injury
The player is going to be out for the rest of the season.
With any injury like that you’re looking at around six months.
Initial reports had stated that Sandro could be out for up to four months as it was hoped that he hadn’t suffered a complete tear to his anterior cruciate ligament but it was discovered that not only was it a complete tear but that he had damaged his lateral meniscus too.
Sandro suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament and damaged lateral meniscus which will rule him out for the rest of the season.

The menisci in the knee are cartilage tissue that help to absorb shock to protect the knee joint from damage and most problems in this area are caused by tears. The most common way that a meniscus can be torn is by twisting the knee forcefully which results in swelling, pain and knee lock. While some tears can heal by themselves, operations which trim, fix or even remove the meniscus are often advised.

Love the fella.

schwarzenegger-illbebo4sgb.jpg

Back