• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

Re: Sandro - Legend

The club is handling this very poorly, they should let the fans know what the nature of the injury is. If it's an ACL, let us know, we'll accept he's out for the season and move on. If it's a meniscus injury, then there's a chance he'll be back in a couple of months.

Maybe the club do not know the full extent of the injury yet, you seem to know more though.

Meniscus tends to be easily fixed and easily torn - recovery is short due to keyhole surgery being less invasive than ACL reconstruction, which is traumatic to say the least and even for elite athletes means 7-9 months out. We will be lucky to see Sandro fit at the start of next season.

Meniscus tends to be easily fixed and easily torn - recovery is short due to keyhole surgery being less invasive than ACL reconstruction, which is traumatic to say the least and even for elite athletes means 7-9 months out. We will be lucky to see Sandro fit at the start of next season.

Why ACL reconstruction?

All we've been told is cruciate ligament damage, there's more than one cruciate ligament and nowhere reputable has mentioned a full reconstruction.

Though i have no idea what the prognosis would be with the other cruciate ligaments.

Why ACL reconstruction?

All we've been told is cruciate ligament damage, there's more than one cruciate ligament and nowhere reputable has mentioned a full reconstruction.

Though i have no idea what the prognosis would be with the other cruciate ligaments.

Have we even been told that.............by a reputable source, I mean?

JJetset: Spoke with Sandro and his season is finished. We may bring the Holtby deal forward.

Is JJetset in Spain?

Because sandro is. (And I seriously doubt Sandro holds phone conversations with a spotty yoof he doesn't even know).

JJetset is Tim Sherwood

allegedly

Can we not go down this route again please, even in jest.

This statement cause enough of a furore recently when it was made by another poster.

There is something in our rules about not accusing others of being someone/something else.

Can we not go down this route again please, even in jest.

This statement cause enough of a furore recently when it was made by another poster.

There is something in our rules about not accusing others of being someone/something else.

rightio, didnt know that

deleted it

It just says injury rather than tear - I'm thinking that's a good thing? I assume you can just strain your cruciate?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a ligament "strain" is basically a partial tear -- some of the fibres get torn, and it takes a while to grow them back. When a "torn ligament" is reported, the whole damn thing (or as close as) has snapped...hence serious invasive surgery to reconstruct it.

If it's only a slight strain, Sandrobeast may be back for the end of the season. But it wouldn't take much more for his season to be over.

He had the hip problem at Fulham, I read somewhere last week that we were going to manage his problem until the end of the season and then look at operating close season.

Where did you read it? I've only read it on here and it seems to be taking on a life of it's own.

I'm not saying you're definitely wrong, it would just concern me if we let Dembele do rehab for 8 weeks in order to sort out the problem if he was just going to need surgery later on in the season anyway, or have to be taken out of games early because he is constantly limping, or if he could crack at any moment. His physio clearly stated he was returning Dembele to the club injury free, and while I'm sure he will always have something of a hip issue - in the sense that most players probably have something that always crops up and gives them annoyance from time to time - I'm not so sure he is playing through pain carrying a specific pain right now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a ligament "strain" is basically a partial tear -- some of the fibres get torn, and it takes a while to grow them back. When a "torn ligament" is reported, the whole damn thing (or as close as) has snapped...hence serious invasive surgery to reconstruct it.

If it's only a slight strain, Sandrobeast may be back for the end of the season. But it wouldn't take much more for his season to be over.

That was my thinking too. All guess work on our part though.

:(

SANDRO LATEST

Posted 18 January 2013 1:12pm

Following consultation with the knee surgeon, the Club can report that Sandro is expected to be sidelined for the rest of the season after surgery on his right knee earlier this week.

The Brazil international was forced off during Saturday's game against Queens Park Rangers after injuring both his Anterior Cruciate Ligament and Lateral Meniscus.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/sandro-latest-18012013.page

Last edited:

oh lordy... always something.

Kaboul, Benny, Parker, now Sandro and just before that, Mousa.

we're doing really well considering the experience and some of the quality there.

Back