• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

WEST BROM STATEMENT

Jeremy Peace and West Bromwich Albion have released a statement with regards to Saido Berahino and Tottenham Hotspur.

Berahino earlier posted a tweet airing his discontent after the club rejected Spurs' third and fourth bids for the striker.

Peace said: “We have a key player who has been very unsettled by antics which were designed to get him out of our club cheaply.

"Those tactics have continued despite my making our position clear in my first conversation with Daniel Levy on this subject in mid-August. I said selling Saido so late in the window was not on our agenda.

“Saido has been unsettled to the point where our Head Coach has not felt able to select him for our last three games. We are now left with the task of repairing the damage created by this unfortunate episode.”

Sounds like Levy rocked up a couple of weeks ago (like he said after signing Alderwierald - last 2 weeks of the window) and started harrassing WBA and getting Berahino to rock the boat.

If this is true I'm ashamed. I have always suspected clubs like Man United and Real Madrid do this with every large transfer and have done it to us.
For us to them employ that tactic, in my opinion, is shameful.

WEST BROM STATEMENT

Jeremy Peace and West Bromwich Albion have released a statement with regards to Saido Berahino and Tottenham Hotspur.

Berahino earlier posted a tweet airing his discontent after the club rejected Spurs' third and fourth bids for the striker.

Peace said: “We have a key player who has been very unsettled by antics which were designed to get him out of our club cheaply.

"Those tactics have continued despite my making our position clear in my first conversation with Daniel Levy on this subject in mid-August. I said selling Saido so late in the window was not on our agenda.

“Saido has been unsettled to the point where our Head Coach has not felt able to select him for our last three games. We are now left with the task of repairing the damage created by this unfortunate episode.”

Sounds like Levy rocked up a couple of weeks ago (like he said after signing Alderwierald - last 2 weeks of the window) and started harrassing WBA and getting Berahino to rock the boat.

If this is true I'm ashamed. I have always suspected clubs like Man United and Real Madrid do this with every large transfer and have done it to us.

What spurs said to the reporter outside Hotspur way was that negotiations started 4 months ago. The truth is probably somewhere in between.

I dont believe we only bid £5mil for the player, in fact i dont believe anything West Brom say.

Chairman = He isnt for sale
Manager = He maybe for sale
Berahino = I believe im for sale
The Club = We are going to continually leak the fact we have had a bid and he isnt for sale.. Just to let you all know incase you were we have had another one and we may have another.

Us = Silence

West Brom created a circus and then complain about the circus

WEST BROM STATEMENT

Ultimately there are two chairmen playing hard ball and they couldn't agree a fee. That is all.

Had we bid £30m today, do you think Peace would have said, sorry mate we're not taking any last minute bids? That is why the player himself is disgruntled. His departure was on the cards, contrary to the statement.

Last edited:
WEST BROM STATEMENT

Eh? I want us to unsettle players. I want us to get them to screw their clubs. I want clubs like Brom to be left with nothing but pennies as we steal their players, or left bitter and angry as we pay their inflated fee and get their player nonetheless.

I want us to be as nasty as the football world allows us to be. Because everyone else is, and we'll be left behind if we don't follow that route.

Thankfully, among Levy's many faults, a sense of honor is not one of them. Unfortunately ,that also rebounds on our unfortunate managers, but hey, unforeseen consequences and all that.

Eh? I want us to unsettle players. I want us to get them to screw their clubs. I want clubs like Brom to be left with nothing but pennies as we steal their players, or left bitter and angry as we pay their inflated fee and get their player nonetheless.

I want us to be as nasty as the football world allows us to be. Because everyone else is, and we'll be left behind if we don't follow that route.

Thankfully, among Levy's many faults, a sense of honor is not one of them. Unfortunately ,that also rebounds on our unfortunate managers, but hey, unforeseen consequences and all that.

Surely though you only unsettle a player you realistically have the finances to get. Big clubs do it because they have the financial clout get the player. If you are going to keep going with bids way off the selling club's valuation what is the point?

Or 3 depending if your glass is full or half full - I think we will fine. Pearce was in a cut nose off to spite face or prove a point.

Unless your glass is full of a magic mushroom smoothie, we have one striker and two predominatly wide forwards who MAY be able to adapt to playing as strikers, who have zero experience in this league or as playing lone front men in any league. It's a monumental gamble.

And those that made that decision, need it to pay off, no ifs or buts, no time to settle no nothing. They put us in a situation where these young players learning to play a new position (lone forward) in a new country in a new league need to hit the ground running.

That seems insane to me, so they better be right and me wrong, because any excuse just won't cut it.

Peace is clearly a tricky fuker. Trying to manipulate and play hard ball. Levy stuck to his guns, and no deal was done. That in all likelihood is what happened. We went back with improved bids. Probably quite reasonable bids, but Peace was intent on swinging his cok around.

I feel for the player as he's in a compromised position now.

Surely though you only unsettle a player you realistically have the finances to get. Big clubs do it because they have the financial clout get the player. If you are going to keep going with bids way off the selling club's valuation what is the point?

Yes, that was part two. :p If we unsettle players, they force the issue in the hope of a move to us, and then we play the miserly git and fling a couple of pennies at the club while loading the player into the back of the club car, we're being both a) stupidly self-defeating, and b) short-sighted, because players won't risk unsettling their clubs in the future just in anticipation of an imaginary bid from Cheapskates Central.

All we have succeeded in doing is making sure WBA see our number on caller ID and don't pick up the phone in the future.

Levy is probably the most hated chairman in the premiership these days and that will cost us when we want to buy players.

Unless your glass is full of a magic mushroom smoothie, we have one striker and two predominatly wide forwards who MAY be able to adapt to playing as strikers, who have zero experience in this league or as playing lone front men in any league. It's a monumental gamble.

And those that made that decision, need it to pay off, no ifs or buts, no time to settle no nothing. They put us in a situation where these young players learning to play a new position (lone forward) in a new country in a new league need to hit the ground running.

That seems insane to me, so they better be right and me wrong, because any excuse just won't cut it.
Glass half empty. I like to be optimistic. Less stress that way. :)

So patience is out the window then?

Glass half empty. I like to be optimistic. Less stress that way. :)

Tell me what I said, that is not factual? You can dream that your glass is full of the very best Champaign, but if I drank that and tinkled in it to the half way Mark. You will still be standing there with half a pint of tinkle Thinking it's the finest DP

I can't see how Levy has been Levy'd, after all, we haven't bought him for way more than he is worth. In fact given what Berahino has written on Twitter, it's probably fair to say that Pearce has gone back on something he promised the player in a similar way to Levy with Modric.

We were interested in Berahino before they bought Lambert and Rondon, so not like they didn't prepare for his departure. Likely Pearce wanted what he did for Berahino to cover this outlay. Pearce made all the public declarations. Berahino would never have known about the interest we were showing unless Pearce gave Spurs permission to speak to him. Pearce made the decision to make the whole thing public, not us and if Berahino really wasn't for sale at any price, then Pearce would not have deemed our 2nd, 3rd and 4th bids worth commenting on, yet he did everytime in an attempt to drive up publicity.

IMO, I think Pearce wanted something in the £30 million area and probably expected it to come today.

I noticed a comment on SSN earlier that said "if spurs dont sign Berahino they wont sign anyone, Pochettino is happy with his squad"

If that's the case, who's worse, Levy or Pochettino?

I dont like either personally!

With those that made the decision to go into a season with one striker, yeah patience is out the window, it's such a monumental gamble that there is just no excuses if they are wrong, none.

Fair enough

Back