• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Can you blame Jeremy Peace if Levy did indeed only offer £5 million up front. Why would he part with his biggest asset for that. I'm sure levy would not.

Without having much knowledge of how transfers in general are structured it's hard to say really - i get the impression most clubs aren't cash rich so would assume the number of deals paid upfront are few and far between, but ultimately that's just guess work.

I wonder, what with Peace looking to sell WBA, if he's looking for a further 20m to line his pockets with...

This has been a clusterduck from start to finished, but I'm pretty sure that the 5m up front would be pretty standard, no one expects the whole money in one go.
I'm not saying they should but surely we can afford to raise the up front valuation.

We have remained pretty silent on all of this.. West Brom have played it out in public and have strung us along, you dont go back 4 times if you are told NO and he also seem to have given some kind of promise to Berahino

Either way unless we know West Brom have backed out, it would raise questions over Berahino and if he is right type of personality.
fcuk the right kind of personality, Ronaldo is a cnut but I'd have him! haha.

Can you stop that dude....:)

Obnoxious i know :)

My point is dont overpay for players and then complain that you overpaid later - Lamela
Dont sign players you know who have a history of being difficult and then complain they are difficult - Adebayor

Dont mind either but especially on the second, sign berahino but if he forces a move away we have no right to complain

If anyone ever thought we were ever going to spend £25m OVER what we have raised this summer you must have the memory of a goldfish.

We do NOT spend positive numbers. EVER. Even when buying £56m quids worth of Lamela and Soldado we made about £5-£10m that window.

I sincerely hope Ebeneezer Levy has put every single penny he's screwed out of THFC in the last 13 years towards building this new stadium.

£5m up front for an England international is embarrassing even for his royal tightness. Especially as the rest was based on performances. If he'd said 5 x 5m it might have happened but he's wasted our time and he's unfairly unsettled a player of another club.

Id imagine that's what the re bids are about? Less so the overall value and more the upfront/structure of payments
Exactly but surely the up front payment is what is important for a club as it is the guaranteed part and 5 million does seem low. I'd be interested to know the up front payments were for the players we sold for big bucks. But as you say I don't know too much about how a transfer is paid out.

Sad for the player too as he has Benn caught in the middle of a penis waving contest between 2 chairman. Where does that leave him.

But we aren't skint by any means so am guessing we can afford that amount on one player. It is just our chairman appears to not go over the odds to get his man, so will more than likely fail in any attempt to get his man 9 times out of 10.

Sometimes if you really want something you pay more to get it. Levy is an astute businessman and I applaud him for it, but sometimes you have to live dangerously and splash out.

He is living dangerously. He's spending £400-500m on a stadium that if it goes over budget by 10% could have a disastrous affect on a club with a turnover such as ours.

According to who? What is the typical way of structuring transfer payments?
No idea how payments are structured mate but it has been doing the rounds for a while that the deal has been held up by the payment structure. Would not be surprised if details leaked by Mr Peace.

If anyone ever thought we were ever going to spend £25m OVER what we have raised this summer you must have the memory of a goldfish.

We do NOT spend positive numbers. EVER. Even when buying £56m quids worth of Lamela and Soldado we made about £5-£10m that window.

I sincerely hope Ebeneezer Levy has put every single penny he's screwed out of THFC in the last 13 years towards building this new stadium.

£5m up front for an England international is embarrassing even for his royal tightness. Especially as the rest was based on performances. If he'd said 5 x 5m it might have happened but he's wasted our time and he's unfairly unsettled a player of another club.

:rolleyes:

He is living dangerously. He's spending £400-500m on a stadium that if it goes over budget by 10% could have a disastrous affect on a club with a turnover such as ours.

That's what our 60-70 million pound profits over the last five years are for, surely. And he could always just flog another player to pay it off, 'ring-fenced transfer funds' be damned, you know.

Back