• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Peace is a funny guy...
First he says "As I have made clear from the moment Tottenham lodged their first bid for Saido on August 18, selling our top goalscorer was never on our agenda this summer."

Then, a bit later: "Had we ever entertained the notion of selling him we have not received an offer anywhere near attractive enough from Tottenham Hotspur"

You have a decision to make, Mr. Peace. Is he for sale or not?

whats hard to understand. The sale was not on the agenda but they wont rule out looking at a mega bid if it comes in. I think their stance is clear and always has been. Pulis said the same

he is communicating with the fans of he club. I dont see a problem with it

Maybe. They've not had many sales in the past so there's no way to know if this is Peace's style. Odemwingie was the last significant sale and that was a disaster! Hopefully Berahino doesn't turn up to Hotspur Way trying to force a transfer!

Berahino is proven in this country, scoring 20 goals last season, and has a successful past teaming up with Kane at under 21 level. He can play as a central striker, a number 10 or as a wing forward and he is use to this league. But if we do not sign him we DO need someone else.

I agree. Son doesnt look like a CF

Pulis not ruling out berahino sale to me in sky just there .. All up in air .. That manager knows he will be dealing with real unhappy player .. Made reference to two windows now about him so I'd be quietly confident

Pulis not ruling out berahino sale to me in sky just there .. All up in air .. That manager knows he will be dealing with real unhappy player .. Made reference to two windows now about him so I'd be quietly confident

He also said that they are going in for players as well, so it's the system that is wrong. He has nothing against Spurs.

He also said that they are going in for players as well, so it's the system that is wrong. He has nothing against Spurs.

Yes but I know every club has money but for a club that couple of months ago were selling up are they really going to pore another 30m themselves into new signings which Pulis craves .. He will be in for at least 3, 4 players at least before Tuesday .. My point is Spurs berahino money will pay for those signings

Yes but I know every club has money but for a club that couple of months ago were selling up are they really going to pore another 30m themselves into new signings which Pulis craves .. He will be in for at least 3, 4 players at least before Tuesday .. My point is Spurs berahino money will pay for those signings

I agree with you.

I still think we'll end up with Berahino. Their chairman has made too much noise about it all. Our bids were put in privately, with no leaked details to the press and neither our manager, nor chairman have commented in the press about the player. All of the publicity has been on the WBA side with them publically turning down our private bids and talking about the situation on a daily basis through their social media and specific press interviews.

I think all that stops us getting Berahino at the moment is enough up-front money to WBA. I reckon a guaranteed £20 million with £12 million up front and an extra £2 million at the end of years, 1, 2, 3 and 4, another £5 million in reasonably achievable extras (such as £1 million for every 20 appearances up to 100) would do it. They can then announce that they got their £25 million for him and everybody is happy.

I think the only major question mark over this transfer happening is whether or not this thread will reach 100 pages by 6pm Tuesday.

I still think we'll end up with Berahino. Their chairman has made too much noise about it all. Our bids were put in privately, with no leaked details to the press and neither our manager, nor chairman have commented in the press about the player. All of the publicity has been on the WBA side with them publically turning down our private bids and talking about the situation on a daily basis through their social media and specific press interviews.

Nail on head. If Berahininho really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really wasn't for sale, why bother making such a painfully detailed and obvious song and dance about it all? Unless, as others have said, it's to give Peace something to point to later and say "sorry lads, we tried, but the offer was just too good"

But you don't have to spend tens and tens of millions. Pedro cost what, £21m? Depay about the same?
I would have been happy this summer if we'd sold the players we have plus Lamela and Lennon and brought in the players we have plus Berahino and a DM for a net spend of about £10m, but to have got it done before now. 2 points from 9. 4 points dropped from two very winnable fixtures. If we finish 5th by 3 points, it is a f***-up I'm afraid.
But it's where we are with Levy. Thinks he's a better financial strategist than anyone else, leaves it to the last minute EVERY time. Some times it works and sometimes it really doesn't.
Oh to be a club where with 5 days to the close of the window we were saying "it'd be nice to have an extra X or Y" rather than "we still desperately need a striker and a DM".

I guess the 150k a week is just a minor detail. That's 7.5 million a year and a very unhappy squad of players making less than a third of that.

Nail on head. If Berahininho really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really wasn't for sale, why bother making such a painfully detailed and obvious song and dance about it all? Unless, as others have said, it's to give Peace something to point to later and say "sorry lads, we tried, but the offer was just too good"
Because Peace is enjoying his 10 mins of fame and milking it for all he can.Pure ego if you ask me.He may have sat down with him but we don't know how the other side of the conversation went.That said I don't think we will go to the fantasy figure that Peace has in his head.

not if he has a brilliant season scoring plenty and assisting too. Its a chance Brom are taking. A great season and one of the top 4 will offer over 35 mill definitely

Absolutely no chance that any club is offering more than we would offer this summer next year when he has just one year left, whether he has a barnstorming season or not.

I think the whole "used to the league"-factor is a bit excaggerated. Plenty of flops have been from pl club to pl club. In our case Pienaar, Bent, Bentley are just some examples.

I think it's without a doubt one of the most important factors, either they have to be used to the league or we have to have done our due dilligence to make as good a guess as possible that they can adapt very very quickly.

Bent wasn't a flop, he scored a good number of goals for us but came at a time of big transition and wasn't entirely needed when we had 3 other good strikers. Same with Pienaar, more a Levy value signing than the player flopping because he couldn't adapt. Bentley was a huge flop, but is an outlier all in his own right having retired before 30.

The other factor to complain about the timing. It's not as if they put in a bid for Fazio at the exact same time?

Fazio is surplus to requirements at Spurs.....we dont care if he stays or not, whereas as Berahino is their biggest asset. How can you not see the difference

Back