• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Berahino with 2 years on his contract having scored 20 goals last year isn't worth £30M. He isn't going to be worth the same next year with a year less. It just isn't going to happen.

thats because a top 4 club hasnt got involved this summer. If they do, in Jan, next summer, and he has had just as good or even better season, if they want him then Brom will demand and get top dollar

Forget about his contract, the top 4 will pay big to get want they want

Lambert and Rondon fight for the one striker spot......Ideye and Anichebe are for sale.

Of course they can complain about how late we are bidding for Berahino. They will have to go out and replace him which wont be easy with other clubs demanding silly money for players Brom see as a replacement for Berahino.

Looking at their message board they need a left winger. We do have a winger - an England international at that - who is ideal for their left wing. Mr. Peace - he's all yours for 15 mill

Townsend + Fazio + 5mill in add-ons and Bob's your uncle... ;) :D

Looking at their message board they need a left winger. We do have a winger - an England international at that - who is ideal for their left wing. Mr. Peace - he's all yours for 15 mill

Townsend + Fazio + 5mill in add-ons and Bob's your uncle... ;) :D

I actually think that this sort of deal is the way to go when it comes to transfers very late in the window. You see chairman complain that they don't have time to pick up replacements for their players late on, and you have cases like our Danny (Stambo, blah blah blah), so why not structure deals (where possible) where we give them players they need to fill important positions while also giving them a bit of cash to pick up a cheap replacement for the departing player. Carroll plus a fee for Ki (possibly), Townsend and/or Fazio plus a fee for Berahino (although I think Townsend wants to stay, so maybe Lennon is a more reasonable option), etcetera: sure, in one case the team in question gets a direct replacement and an spend the money on other positions, but in the other case, the team in question fills other positions of need with just the one deal, and thus can concentrate on filling the squad place of the departed player without weakening overall.

I actually think that this sort of deal is the way to go when it comes to transfers very late in the window. You see chairman complain that they don't have time to pick up replacements for their players late on, and you have cases like our Danny (Stambo, blah blah blah), so why not structure deals (where possible) where we give them players they need to fill important positions while also giving them a bit of cash to pick up a cheap replacement for the departing player. Carroll plus a fee for Ki (possibly), Townsend and/or Fazio plus a fee for Berahino (although I think Townsend wants to stay, so maybe Lennon is a more reasonable option), etcetera: sure, in one case the team in question gets a direct replacement and an spend the money on other positions, but in the other case, the team in question fills other positions of need with just the one deal, and thus can concentrate on filling the squad place of the departed player without weakening overall.

I think you have a point. The thing is that they would just argue over the valuation of the players in question. I think Levy has shown that he is prepared to go down this route when we bought Davies and Vorm and sold Sigurdsson.

At the end of the day though, it's down to the selling club. We should only be worried about ourselves, not the selling club. Every club will know who their assets are and which of them are interesting which clubs. They will very, very rarely be surprised by a bid from a club.

thats because a top 4 club hasnt got involved this summer. If they do, in Jan, next summer, and he has had just as good or even better season, if they want him then Brom will demand and get top dollar

Forget about his contract, the top 4 will pay big to get want they want

You can't just say 'forget about the contract' because it's one of the most fundamentally important aspects of a football transfer negotiation. Can you even name me one player that's gone for over £30M with a year left in their contract? If you can, I will bet my house that they are in a completely different stratosphere to Berahino.

You can't just say 'forget about the contract' because it's one of the most fundamentally important aspects of a football transfer negotiation. Can you even name me one player that's gone for over £30M with a year left in their contract? If you can, I will bet my house that they are in a completely different stratosphere to Berahino.

lets see what stratosphere Berahino is in next summer

In an ideal world: loan or sell Lamela, Lennon, Ade, Townsend and sign Berahino.

Then provided Dier, Mason, Bentaleb, Dembele can settle in midfield we should have a decent season with a balanced squad. Poch could even move Eriksen into midfield with Son and Berahino and Kane to feed.

United paid 25 m for van Persie that's about as close as I can think . But I bet ya we will go in with another bid on Tuesday and will be close to what they want .. Whether they accept it I don't know but u never know

He'd need a time machine to get into that one. You don't get there with one or two good seasons.

Harry Kane made a stratospheric jump in a season and a bit, from average Leicester city level player to potential 40-50 mill bids from Man Utd

Bale went from a 30-40 mill winger to an 85 mill world record Real Madrid superstar attacking forward signing in one season

it can happen

heck Sterling has a horror season at liverpool and City still pay almost 50 mill for him

before anyone mentions all these examples had longer contracts, I know

That's kinda the whole point of the conversation.

we shall see then wont we

my point is that teams like City, Utd and Chelsea are so awash with money, completely on another level to the rest, that they can afford to spend 30 mill on an attacker even though he only has a year or 18 months left on his contract. Money isnt so much an issue to them anymore

Harry Kane made a stratospheric jump in a season and a bit, from average Leicester city level player to potential 40-50 mill bids from Man Utd

Bale went from a 30-40 mill winger to an 85 mill world record Real Madrid superstar attacking forward signing in one season

it can happen

heck Sterling has a horror season at liverpool and City still pay almost 50 mill for him

before anyone mentions all these examples had longer contracts, I know

Don't think was that bad!

And how would you describe Lamela with that in mind;)

If WBA want to keep Saido they should double his wages and offer a new five year deal, but they won't!
You can't blame the lad from wanting to get as far away from Jeremy Peace's WBA.

We probably won't. If WBA have any sense at all they'll do what the rest of the footballing world does and sell with 2 years left.

they will probably offer Berahino a new contract with a buyout clause, like Villa did with Benteke, and just hope he signs it......

Back