• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Peace sat him down and told him he isn't going anywhere or did he sit him down and say unless they bid x you aren't going anywhere.Either way it seems pretty emphatic.
Just had a look at a wba forum .They somehow think that Peace has outmaneuvered Levy.Little do they know.......

Yeah I noticed that, they seem to think it's some brilliant move by Peace...as if Berahino is the only striker in the world we may be after. The tone of the reports coming from the Spurs side tonight seem to echo what I would imagine their thinking is behind the scenes, bemusement that Peace has taken this line. For one, Berahino just isn't the only striker we can go after, and secondly, the bid is in no way derisory or too late for them to get replacements considering they've got 4 strikers and signed two this summer. I think we'll react to this by shrugging our shoulders, perhaps putting in one more bid that we think is fair but if it doesn't work we should have other things going on in the background. N'Jie came out of nowhere and so did Son, they shouldn't be the only two.

The whole rejecting our bids, but then very publicly claiming he isn't for sale just seems to be a strange strategy to me. It isn't consistent. Why make it so public? You're either trying to drive up the price or your using your own player as a pawn to curry favour with your fans by rejecting a bid for a good young player. The second option - surely isn't worth the hassle for the potential benefit and the first, if Berahino does eventually leave you've made yourself look like a fool. It would only make some sort of sense if Berahino was the absolute best, most talented and best suited striker we could buy in world football for £25M and they had us over a barrel. But it really isn't the case.

They are treating us as if we are a club like Chelsea. When they move big for a player, demonstrating that they have £40m in the bank for Modric but fail and end up getting Raul Mereiles, it looks bad, because a club like Chelsea can only buy the players with the absolute top reputations in the world to justify the money they need to spend. With us, we don't need to spend mega money or sign only a very narrow set of players because our squad still has a fair amount of improvement to make. Peace is acting like he has us in a corner but he really hasn't...or he really is desperate to keep a player that clearly wants to leave when they've already signed replacements. I just find his line quite bizarre. Oh well. Hope it works out for them and they take points off our rivals this year!

My feelings on WBA are in complete contrast to Everton by the way, and even if it was us trying to buy Stones and not Chelsea I'd still admire their stance. They don't want to sell, they've been consistent all the way through, and Stones deserves credit for playing in the face of a lot of transfer pressure and speculation too. They don't seem to want to make the saga any more public than it seems to be, and Martinez seems to give short shrift to questions around Stones in press conferences.

Unlike WBA deliberately making the whole thing as public as can be...it's just so strange.

They're not gonna sell him this summer, end of. If they did Peace would have to resign after a statement like that. Would lose all of the fans trust. Of course, they might always sell for a ridiculous amount, but we're not gonna offer that. Besides, do we relly need him if we get Son?

They're not gonna sell him this summer, end of. If they did Peace would have to resign after a statement like that. Would lose all of the fans trust. Of course, they might always sell for a ridiculous amount, but we're not gonna offer that. Besides, do we relly need him if we get Son?

I've heard worse from other chairman and still sell.

All Berahino has to say is "fudge you, I'm not playing". WBA can't afford to play hardball. If it comes to it, they'll meet our price.
He'll forget all about it once the window shuts, have a great season and go to a bigger club. Just like Luka and Suarez before him.

I've heard worse from other chairman and still sell.
Peace said: “I have informed Saido that he will not be transferred during this summer window and that he is staying at the club."

Really? I'd like to see. Again, if there's stupid money involved, everything changes.

Peace said: “I have informed Saido that he will not be transferred during this summer window and that he is staying at the club."

Really? I'd like to see. Again, if there's stupid money involved, everything changes.

I think history would show in these situations that clubs outside of Real Barca Bayern etc usually are, like you said, at the mercy of a pond and if levy wants him he will be here.

Peace had intimated that Levys low ball offer and payment structure are not going to motivate WBA to sell. If the value and structure suite them, wba will sell saido.

Great further insight as to how levy negotiates his deals. Net spend per year since enic took over .... 8.4 million

It's not just that they've publicly rejected our bid, but going into detail on what was wrong with it. Basically just underlining what needs to be improved before the next bid.
Completely agree the statement very much puts the ball in our court.

I think history would show in these situations that clubs outside of Real Barca Bayern etc usually are, like you said, at the mercy of a pond and if levy wants him he will be here.

Peace had intimated that Levys low ball offer and payment structure are not going to motivate WBA to sell. If the value and structure suite them, wba will sell saido.

Great further insight as to how levy negotiates his deals. Net spend per year since enic took over .... 8.4 million

More how most non mega rich clubs do thier purchasing - sensibly!
EPL clubs don't need to sell in the main - Everton are proving this. But WBA are playing an equally dangerous game as thier asset could, could diminish if he react badly to all this.

We'll sign Berahino for £24m on Sunday. That's my considered view given all events. We will never go to £25m, or we would have already. Berahino appears to be kicking up a fuss, so won't be in WBA's best interests to keep a player who has expressed so vocally about his unhappiness at the club. WBA will accept slightly less than £25m, blame Berahino on his sulky attitude & Spurs for turning his head & that will be that.

Reckon 23.5M and a box of lamb and mint crisps thrown in.

He was selling his club this summer wasnt he . I don't think he cares much what fans think just like levy doesn't

Back