• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

We've got to sign him first mate! Plus Lloris will be off next year if we don't do anything this season. It's a vicious cycle.
You're right. I shouldn't get carried away. But N'jie offers similar benefits to Berahino albeit with much, much greater risk.

Let's just hope no big clubs come and poach Berahino from us. You'd like to think we are to more attractive proposition in terms of playing time/long-term vision. He can always fvck off to Man U, Man C, Chelsea, Real Madrid once he has established himself as a superstar instead of warming the bench for years and fizzling out.

How plausible is it that we'll be bidding 22m, when we didn't for Schneiderlin and some of the other supposed midfield and forward targets earlier in the window??

How do you know we didn't? who's to say that we wasn't mugged off by Southampton or that we were really interested in him at all? It's all paper talks and 99.5% is wrong anyway.

We've got to sign him first mate! Plus Lloris will be off next year if we don't do anything this season. It's a vicious cycle.
I don't think we have to sell Lloris next year. His contract runs out in 2019. We can definitely hold onto him until 2017 without diminishing his transfer value if that is what we wish.

How do you know we didn't? who's to say that we wasn't mugged off by Southampton or that we were really interested in him at all? It's all paper talks and 99.5% is wrong anyway.

True...but if we did, you can b sure the papers would have reported it. Soton would have made the bid public and then VERY publically rejected it to give nudges to Arsenal and United

You're right. I shouldn't get carried away. But N'jie offers similar benefits to Berahino albeit with much, much greater risk.

Let's just hope no big clubs come and poach Berahino from us. You'd like to think we are to more attractive proposition in terms of playing time/long-term vision. He can always fvck off to Man U, Man C, Chel53a, Real Madrid once he has established himself as a superstar instead of warming the bench for years and fizzling out.
Yeh we do need to act now, which it looks like we are.

There is a chance that Lloris will stay next year, but just think he has given us one more year than he already should have i.e. this season. We really need to be winning the FA Cup or getting 4th (more so 4th) to be having a chance of keeping hold of Lloris.

Yeh we do need to act now, which it looks like we are.

There is a chance that Lloris will stay next year, but just think he has given us one more year than he already should have i.e. this season. We really need to be winning the FA Cup or getting 4th (more so 4th) to be having a chance of keeping hold of Lloris.
With all respect to the bloke, and he has been a model professional and a great club captain, it isn't his decision.

He can refuse to play, hand in a transfer request, kick up a massive fuss, but ultimately we lose very little (perhaps 2 or 3 games at the beginning of the season) by forcing him to stay another year, simply by virtue of the contract that he signed one year ago.

We have seen a similar pattern with all of our big players. First season there is talk of them going, interest from clubs (this year); second season they look like they are genuinely going to leave and refuse to play etc. (next season, think Modric and Chelsea); third season we sell them for a massive fee with 2 years left on their contract, while we can still get top whack and have a lot of the negotiating power.

Obviously he could still leave next season if we are offered silly money, but we hold the cards.

I am stunned by the support Lamela gets on here. He has been utter w@nk for 2 whole seasons. 'Barely had a game', 'not gotten a proper chance' - wtf are you smoking - he has played nearly 60 times for us. 60!!!

I understand why we have kept him as a squad option but the window is not yet up and with the impending arrival of Berahino and Pritchard coming through,there seems a decent chance he will go if the club can find the right suitor at the right price.

Saying he is just 23 really does not mean anything. Berahino is one year younger and outperformed Lamela by miles last season, albeit in a different position. Regardless - the position Lamela plays does not require a great deal of tactical discipline unlike defence/central midfield where it is not uncommon to see players come into their own at about 25-27. Attacking players show their class far earlier. Lamela has done next to nothing for us.

I'm not writing him off as a footballer. I just don't believe he will ever make it in England. Playing CAM in Italy, or even cutting in from the right, I am sure he would be a success. But it's time to let go.

I really think between Chadli, Townsend, Pritchard, N'Jie and Berahino we have more than enough wide players. And that's not to mention the fact that Poch as been experimenting with using traditionally central midfielders tucking (see Dembele in the league, Onomah and Mason in pre-season). We are well stocked.

He hasn't been utter toss for two seasons that's pure hyperbole - poor first season which was stop/start to say the least and then last season he showed some good things along with the bad - two steps forward two steps back is how I'd describe it, for every good bit of play (be that creating chances for team mates or working hard to press/defend) he'd invariably get caught in possession or give away a stupid foul - for a 22 year old that's not the end of the world, he should be looking to iron out those mistakes whilst continuing to improve his attacking play - IF he does that he can be a player good enough for us, no doubt about it.

I said to myself I'd leave this subject well alone this season but the more OTT criticism I see the more I get dragged back in to it.

He hasn't been utter toss for two seasons that's pure hyperbole - poor first season which was stop/start to say the least and then last season he showed some good things along with the bad - two steps forward two steps back is how I'd describe it, for every good bit of play (be that creating chances for team mates or working hard to press/defend) he'd invariably get caught in possession or give away a stupid foul - for a 22 year old that's not the end of the world, he should be looking to iron out those mistakes whilst continuing to improve his attacking play - IF he does that he can be a player good enough for us, no doubt about it.

I said to myself I'd leave this subject well alone this season but the more OTT criticism I see the more I get dragged back in to it.

For me it boils down to two questions: 1) Has he won tough games with moments of sheer brilliance?; 2) Has he shown improvements on his limitations?

Personally I would have to answer no to both questions. At his best, he has been a functional part of the team without ever single handedly winning a highly competitive game; at his worst he has been a liability. More to the point - while he has toughened up a bit and contributed defensively, going forward he still seems like the shy, indecisive, unconfident little boy who arrived from Italy over two years ago.

Realistically I think we have many players who deserve to play ahead of him and have shown serious progression as opposed to stagnating. I think, like Soldado, it is best for all parties to call it quits on this English adventure and for him to return to a footballing culture more suited to his undoubted talents.

I think if we get Berahino it is curtains for Lamela.

Pedro to Chel53a. I wonder which attacking winger United will turn their attentions to next.....!

I've no idea whether Utd will go for Berahino but he isn't the same kind of player as Pedro at all.

So the question is: are Man Utd just looking for any kind of attacking player to add to their squad or are they specifically looking for the kind of player that Pedro is?

To be honest, we're not competing with Chelsea in the league. United however are a more obtainable target. So providing United don't now come in for Bera, i've no problem with Chelsea strengthening at their expense!!

Utd are looking for a big name, marquee signing, a game changer, match winner.... ideally a Ronaldo or a Bale, but even a Müller

Van Gaal has said thats what he wants

however, they have so much money that just for a laugh they could sign Berahino and add him to the squad

I'm bored with Berahino. The novelty's already worn off and we haven't even signed him yet.

It's like when you're eight and you discover an awesome Christmas present hidden in the cupboard, which you assume to be yours, then on Christmas day all you get is a pair of socks, a mandarin orange and a punch in the face :(

I'm bored with Berahino. The novelty's already worn off and we haven't even signed him yet.

It's like when you're eight and you discover an awesome Christmas present hidden in the cupboard, which you assume to be yours, then on Christmas day all you get is a pair of socks, a mandarin orange and a punch in the face :(

Have you been looking at my presents again?

"There is something in your stocking, Baldrick, something I made for you"

"Ahhh well that's the best kind of gift Mr B! What is it?"

"It's a fist! It's for hitting people with... and the great thing is you can use it again! And again!"

I assume you never slagged off Paulinho? Someone who has probably played the same amount as Lamela has now and was almost half the price Lamela was? How comes he never got the backing that Lamela has? and don't come out with the crap about being tinkle poor as Lamela has been just as bad.
Look one thing that has impressed me in this transfer window is the way we have ruthlessly culled players who do not fit into Poch 's plans. There has been alleged interest in Lamela from Juve, but it would appear that he is currently in the manager's plans so he must still se e something in the guy despite what many fans think of him. Personally I think he needs a run of games for him to come good, this stop/start substitute stuff does nothing for him.

Back