• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Pound for pound Austin is the better striker and would score more goals for us.

Eh? Austin is 26, whilst Berahino is what 21? Much MUCH more potential at this stage.
Also Has Austin got any pace at all? Mancs apparently sniffing a little at Berahino; who other than Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Vill, Stoke etc are sniffing at Austin, seeing as he's pound-for-pound the better striker?

Don't get me wrong i like Austin, but if given a straight choice between the two and i had to choose only one, it'd have to be Berahino...

BTW, would you also prefer Austin to Benteke as well?

At the same price Benteke. For the £32m Liverpool LAUGHABLY paid for him no ta I'd rather have Austin for half the price.

Levy puts in 15m bid to please the fans due to the relentless media over this transfer, has no intention of signing him, Spurs fans presume we were priced out?

Levy puts in 15m bid to please the fans due to the relentless media over this transfer, has no intention of signing him, Spurs fans presume we were priced out?

Why would Levy have no intention of signing Berahino?

He's exactly the kind of player that Levy wants the club to sign.

I get why you might not like Levy. Really, I do. But it does beggar belief what some of his detractors come out with. It's as if they are determined not to understand him at all.

Why would Levy have no intention of signing Berahino?

He's exactly the kind of player that Levy wants the club to sign.

I get why you might not like Levy. Really, I do. But it does beggar belief what some of his detractors come out with. It's as if they are determined not to understand him at all.

I don't hate him at all, the reason levy might not be interested in this deal is because he said we would only sign players under 15m didn't he?

I don't hate him at all, the reason levy might not be interested in this deal is because he said we would only sign players under 15m didn't he?

What he actually said in his Chairman's statement was:

Going forward, we have restructured the footballing side of the Club to ensure our sporting philosophy is adhered to – we need to ensure that we have a balance of experienced and home grown players, playing attacking, entertaining football our fans love to watch. Perhaps we had lost our way a little bit in this respect, so this will be our guiding principle as we embark on the summer transfer window.

We are all eager to be challenging at a higher level. Whilst the popular view may be to spend money in excess of earnings or find a philanthropic investor to fund transfers, those scenarios are simply not possible under the new world of Financial Fair Play rules whereby clubs can only spend revenues generated through operations.

There was also a report of a meeting between Spurs and THST which said that the club felt that its comfort zone for transfers was for young(ish) players at £10-15m.

But there has never been any claim by the club that we wouldn't sign players for more than £15m. Levy wouldn't box himself in like that. He knows the direction in which the transfer market is headed, with even smaller PL clubs now well able to afford £15m transfer fees. What was meant, in that meeting with THST, was just that we wouldn't be in a rush to sign older players, like Bobby Soldier, for big money in future - especially if they aren't Premier League proven. Berahino is a very different kettle of fish.

There was also a report of a meeting between Spurs and THST which said that the club felt that its comfort zone for transfers was for young(ish) players at £10-15m.

But there has never been any claim by the club that we wouldn't sign players for more than £15m. Levy wouldn't box himself in like that. He knows the direction in which the transfer market is headed, with even smaller PL clubs now well able to afford £15m transfer fees. What was meant, in that meeting with THST, was just that we wouldn't be in a rush to sign older players, like Bobby Soldier, for big money in future - especially if they aren't Premier League proven. Berahino is a very different kettle of fish.

What worries me about that is over the next few years I think we're going to see older more experienced players become available, we won't buy for fear of another Bobby Dazler and their going to sign for a rival and tear the league to shreds.

I can accept that's going to be part and parcel of the policy we have but I can see those as of yet unknown players becoming part of the 'what ifs' on this forum

At the same price Benteke. For the £32m Liverpool LAUGHABLY paid for him no ta I'd rather have Austin for half the price.

Ok. What if all three players were available at the same price, say 15M, who would you prefer then?
Who would also be your 2nd and 3rd preferences?

Completely disagree with that!! WE paid £15m for Defoe 6 years ago....! £20m up front and £5m for add-ons is market

we didnt pay that for Defoe....iirc Levy did a deal where we paid around 5 mill and Pompey didnt have to pay what was left of his transfer from Spurs to Pompey. It was something complicated anyway. We resigned Keane and Defoe that January very cheaply

I have always said that I do not see Benteke or Kane as a either/either situation. I believe they could have played together as I think Kane would be a even better player coming from deep. Funny thing is since last Saturdays game I have seen and heard fans suggesting that Kane could play the number 10 behind a main striker.

come on thats been said and known since Kane first got in the side, its hardly a revelation

Ah ok thanks for that, but we still won't sign berahino I'll hold my hands up if we do though

If it was a basic like for like swap (cash wise) with Lamela going to Juve and us getting Berahino, would we be a better team?
I think we would, certainly more potency, so I say go for it!

I think we may be writing Lamela off far too easily here.

How? he has had the full season everyone wanted him to have to "settle in" and we start this season and he is still playing brick.

Imo people are clinging onto the idea he may come good because he is a likable guy (same as soldado).

Reactions: DTA
Back