• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

I'm not sure we will get Berahino. If WBA really are willing to sell on or around the £25m mark, then going public in this way seems an odd negotiating tactic. I can understand sending a strong signal that you are willing to walk away, but you can do that through private channels and still make it public. Plus all the stuff about sitting the player down and having a chat with him, Pearce will look very weak if he then sells Berahino, which could easily have been avoided.

I'm not sure we will get Berahino. If WBA really are willing to sell on or around the £25m mark, then going public in this way seems an odd negotiating tactic. I can understand sending a strong signal that you are willing to walk away, but you can do that through private channels and still make it public. Plus all the stuff about sitting the player down and having a chat with him, Pearce will look very weak if he then sells Berahino, which could easily have been avoided.

Levy has publicly declared "we aren't selling x player" only for said player to be sold, Keane and Berbatov come to mind.

The fact he says "he's not for sale" then immediately follows it up with his displeasure of how we wanted to structure the deal speaks volumes to me, it has legs, just up to us if we want to structure it how they want.

Which is actually similar to how the bale transfer was reported in the media, we wanted a big fee up front etc, was just media of course so could have been BS.

Peace has left himself no room to move with his latest statement though he will probably make another one tomorrow.

Austin and this Son fella would be decent business if Berahino is priced out of a transfer

Well:

1. There are weaker teams in the league than city... Quite a few in fact.

2. As said before he can play anywhere in the forward 4 positions.

3. Again as said before, His goals may well keep them up for the big money bonanza of super tv money prem coming next year. Which is worth much more to them then the 10 mil max they would lose by leaving his contract to run in to the final year.

4. His age means that they will get a fee for him even if they let his contract down to zero....

That's how they have. Any other questions?

1) yes of course!

2) yet his manager decided he couldn't play him anywhere but there. Whether we could play him some where else doesn't matter in the slightest, Pulis showed and told everyone HE couldn't! Therefore pulis thinks he has a striker not a wide midfielder.... Therefore pulis has 5 strikers for one position! But hey, let's take your opinion over the manager of his football club...

3) the 20m+ they could get for him would be much better spent on other areas, see today's press reports...

4) don't think that's a deal breaker at all, they're not getting another opportunity to get 20m+ for him with his contract running down! What do you think he'll be worth in Jan, how much next Aug?...

It's laughable that people are actually falling for these propaganda games! Like everything everyone says in public is the truth!!

Oh...... Any questions?!?!

1) yes of course!

2) yet his manager decided he couldn't play him anywhere but there. Whether we could play him some where else doesn't matter in the slightest, Pulis showed and told everyone HE couldn't! Therefore pulis thinks he has a striker not a wide midfielder.... Therefore pulis has 5 strikers for one position! But hey, let's take your opinion over the manager of his football club...

3) the 20m+ they could get for him would be much better spent on other areas, see today's press reports...

4) don't think that's a deal breaker at all, they're not getting another opportunity to get 20m+ for him with his contract running down! What do you think he'll be worth in Jan, how much next Aug?...

It's laughable that people are actually falling for these propaganda games! Like everything everyone says in public is the truth!!

Oh...... Any questions?!?!
Yeah how does this play out in your humble opinion ?

Yeah how does this play out in your humble opinion ?

Hopefully we don't offer too much and walk away if there's no more value in it, like I said a few pages back. If we can get him for a sensible amount then great, but we should have a good sized list of players on our scouting list so we aren't forced in to paying "over the top" for anyone.

Any chance of us going in for Martial again?
You would guess bigger clubs than us want to have a go, but I guess it would be worth trying. But, I'm afraid it would cost us more than 25 mill, possibly 30. We need a DM as well, so Levy then need to sell players quickly..
That said, I would love Martial at Spurs, brilliant player. Potensially world class in 2-3 years time.

Hopefully we don't offer too much and walk away if there's no more value in it, like I said a few pages back. If we can get him for a sensible amount then great, but we should have a good sized list of players on our scouting list so we aren't forced in to paying "over the top" for anyone.

It's way transfers have gone .. Dog eat dog and obviously zero respect and nothing but contempt between clubs behind all the smiles and toing the line talk .. Obviously little bit easier for big boys to take player off lesser club but they look at it the way Pearce is playing this ..trying to suck every last cent out of it .. I think we will come back with bid of maybe 21 or 22 plus add ons that will make bones of 25m . Whether that's enough is another thing though

Maybe just as Son popped out of the blue there's going to be another striker that will pop close to deadline day that nobody had gotten a whiff of. I mean, come on, as much as we like to slog the club for panicking, it is a professional franchise and I'm sure they run the club accordingly and don't leave things to chance, or just have a plan A. So I'm not worried. Whether it's Berahino our someone else, we won't end the transfer window with just on bona fide striker on the books.

I only hope it's someone that doesn't need to post a video to tell us how his name is pronounced!

The only realistic chance we have for Peace to change his tack is if Saido refuses to train tomorrow & doesn't make himself available for the weekend game at Stoke.

This I am not advocating but it would enable us to go in with another bid and put the heat on Peace.

He could then say ' I did what was right for the club & player and Tottenhams new offer was acceptable'

Other than that I cant see this happening now and I pray we have something else lined up other than Son for the striker role.

It's way transfers have gone .. Dog eat dog and obviously zero respect and nothing but contempt between clubs behind all the smiles and toing the line talk .. Obviously little bit easier for big boys to take player off lesser club but they look at it the way Pearce is playing this ..trying to suck every last cent out of it .. I think we will come back with bid of maybe 21 or 22 plus add ons that will make bones of 25m . Whether that's enough is another thing though

I agree, and I'd be happy to pick him up for anything from 25m or under.

The thing is with the big boys, they don't need to balance the books, that's why you see the like of shaw go for 32m in July, lalana go for 25m, Loren 20+, these guys don't have a budget to work to, but we do, for obvious, normal reasons.

Peace sat him down and told him he isn't going anywhere or did he sit him down and say unless they bid x you aren't going anywhere.Either way it seems pretty emphatic.
Just had a look at a wba forum .They somehow think that Peace has outmaneuvered Levy.Little do they know.......

Depends what way u look at it .. If we don't have a new striker by Tuesday lunchtime what will someone like u be shouting at the TV for levy to do ? Sign a striker yeah ??
I won't be shouting at the TV for anything - I'm not planning on licking any windows either.

What striker out there will sign for Spurs ? We been negotiating with west brom for weeks before official bids went in , we ain't walking away from it is my opinion and a third bid will go in on deadline today , whether accepted or not is another question but them signing Austin wud help I think ..
We'll probably make another offer - more likely the player will kick up a stink and they'll come to us.

Either way, we can't start overpaying for players, not for anyone. That would simply ruin the model that's got us as far as we have over the last decade or so.

Peace sat him down and told him he isn't going anywhere or did he sit him down and say unless they bid x you aren't going anywhere.Either way it seems pretty emphatic.
Just had a look at a wba forum .They somehow think that Peace has outmaneuvered Levy.Little do they know.......
All Berahino has to say is "fudge you, I'm not playing". WBA can't afford to play hardball. If it comes to it, they'll meet our price.

Back