• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Well:

1. There are weaker teams in the league than city... Quite a few in fact.

2. As said before he can play anywhere in the forward 4 positions.

3. Again as said before, His goals may well keep them up for the big money bonanza of super tv money prem coming next year. Which is worth much more to them then the 10 mil max they would lose by leaving his contract to run in to the final year.

4. His age means that they will get a fee for him even if they let his contract down to zero....

That's how they have. Any other questions?

His goals may be worth more directly than £10m if he keeps them up, but if they refuse to sell him then they are also going to have to absorb the marginal cost of not being able to spend over £20m on strengthening other parts of their first team, when they already have 4 strikers and when Pulis may well have other areas he wants to bolster rather than keep an unhappy player with 5 options in that position.

I'm not entirely convinced we are only looking at Berahino, and if not doesn't come off I'm not too worried. Considering how quickly the Son link comes from nowhere I'm actually entirely confident we've got other good irons in the fire. I also don't believe that we are desperate to pay much as much for the likes of Berahino and Wanyama as their clubs will justifiably demand. I think Peace has overplayed his hand a bit with Berahino, but they were always going to charge a premium to sell to a club in the same league.

We need to be smarter than that and I think we are. I think Berahino's contract situation just presented us with a nice opportunity to try and squeeze good value out of a young English player. Should West Brom decide they want an unreasonable fee I think we will gladly move on. If we've done our job right this summer, if we have got a proper scouting system in place and if Mitchell is doing his analysis correctly, we shouldn't be banking on Berahino.

But Spurs are seething about Peace's claims.

They are baffled about why he is upset about the nature of the Berahino bids as West Brom's £5m offer for Spurs defender Federico Fazio was structured in a similar way.

Spurs also feel West Brom have had plenty of time to line up a potential replacement as they have been in talks with West Brom for weeks about Berahino.

Peace's statement suggests the first contact has only been made in the last fortnight

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-furious-west-brom-over-6334709?

As I said earlier Pearce is just flapping his gums so as to look good to his own supporters. Thankfully most people see it as no more then that.

Depends what way u look at it .. If we don't have a new striker by Tuesday lunchtime what will someone like u be shouting at the TV for levy to do ? Sign a striker yeah ?? What striker out there will sign for Spurs ? We been negotiating with west brom for weeks before official bids went in , we ain't walking away from it is my opinion and a third bid will go in on deadline today , whether accepted or not is another question but them signing Austin wud help I think ..
We'll have a backup plan I'm sure if it all goes tits up.

No he certainly is not the emotional type but I'm sure he has limits too. Pearse really has shown a lack of class in the way he has conducted himself. Levy will fudge him over some other way down the line I'm sure.

Agree. The way he will fudge him over is by getting the deal done under his terms or not at all. The article posted earlier is interesting especially if the payment terms are identical to the Fazio deal!

Depends what way u look at it .. If we don't have a new striker by Tuesday lunchtime what will someone like u be shouting at the TV for levy to do ? Sign a striker yeah ?? What striker out there will sign for Spurs ? We been negotiating with west brom for weeks before official bids went in , we ain't walking away from it is my opinion and a third bid will go in on deadline today , whether accepted or not is another question but them signing Austin wud help I think ..

I'm sure some will, probably most to be fair, personally I'd rather write off the next four months, maybe even the whole season and treat it as an opportunity for the kids than blow our wad on the wrong deal

we have a crucial few years coming up, it's all about balance and stability, as long as we continue to trend up I don't think we have any reasonable grounds for complaint

This has played out exactly the way i thought it would.Without doubt we need another striker and the whole world knows this.Whatever options we were chasing there doesn't seem to be many left.We have the money to go to 25mill.Whether we will or should is a different question.My gut feeling is that we won't go to that but there will be some last ditch bid.Peace has made it difficult for himself to sell and not look foolish so it would have to be a 25mill+ bid.Does the younger Berihino represent better value in the long run than the cheaper Austin?Do we just make do.Does Cavani reveal a secret desire to play for us.Guess we will know sooner rather than later.

This has played out exactly the way i thought it would.Without doubt we need another striker and the whole world knows this.Whatever options we were chasing there doesn't seem to be many left.We have the money to go to 25mill.Whether we will or should is a different question.My gut feeling is that we won't go to that but there will be some last ditch bid.Peace has made it difficult for himself to sell and not look foolish so it would have to be a 25mill+ bid.Does the younger Berihino represent better value in the long run than the cheaper Austin?Do we just make do.Does Cavani reveal a secret desire to play for us.Guess we will know sooner rather than later.
Wild guess: We go to 25 mill, and structure the deal a bit better looking from WBAs side.
If they reject it, we buy Austin on Deadline Day.
I dont think the club wants to take another gamble, as Nije obviously is, up front.

njie, son, kane are all capable of playing upfront.

austin would be a good signing to fall back on for 15m imv.

We'll sign Berahino for £24m on Sunday. That's my considered view given all events. We will never go to £25m, or we would have already. Berahino appears to be kicking up a fuss, so won't be in WBA's best interests to keep a player who has expressed so vocally about his unhappiness at the club. WBA will accept slightly less than £25m, blame Berahino on his sulky attitude & Spurs for turning his head & that will be that.

If you were not interested in selling your player, would you publicly announce that you had a private talk where you told said player that he was not leaving? Smacks of creating a bargaining position by Pearce. Poker face meets game of chicken. Who will reveal their final price?

Maybe we are in a slightly stronger position because we may have other options. It seems unlikely WBA have other buyers who are willing to pay circa £20m. That said, if you're obstinate and in Pearce's shoes, you might figure "screw them pay the money or do one. We can sell him in Jan or next summer." Which I'm sure they could...if their overdraft can wait that long...

Last edited:
His goals may be worth more directly than £10m if he keeps them up, but if they refuse to sell him then they are also going to have to absorb the marginal cost of not being able to spend over £20m on strengthening other parts of their first team, when they already have 4 strikers and when Pulis may well have other areas he wants to bolster rather than keep an unhappy player with 5 options in that position.

I'm not entirely convinced we are only looking at Berahino, and if not doesn't come off I'm not too worried. Considering how quickly the Son link comes from nowhere I'm actually entirely confident we've got other good irons in the fire. I also don't believe that we are desperate to pay much as much for the likes of Berahino and Wanyama as their clubs will justifiably demand. I think Peace has overplayed his hand a bit with Berahino, but they were always going to charge a premium to sell to a club in the same league.

We need to be smarter than that and I think we are. I think Berahino's contract situation just presented us with a nice opportunity to try and squeeze good value out of a young English player. Should West Brom decide they want an unreasonable fee I think we will gladly move on. If we've done our job right this summer, if we have got a proper scouting system in place and if Mitchell is doing his analysis correctly, we shouldn't be banking on Berahino.

feck i 100% hope your right.

Back