• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

At least WBA are playing it safe by wearing a Rondon up front.
..Awaits tomorrow's headline on BBC Sport 'Chel53a in Bera swoop'

Followed by a season long loan back to WBA

lol yeah....I think if we miss out on him our nuclear reactor on this forum is gonna blow...

WBA fans seem to think it's a done deal... to Man Utd o_O

Wouldn't surprise me. For some reason I I keep getting the feeling that he's going to be heading to Man United. :( hopefully that's just the knock on of my drinking a Cobra too many last night hmm

If West Brom fans know as much about their transfer dealings as we know about ours, he could be going anywhere. I would like to think he is coming here.
Also, I think managers will say anything to the press to make their life easier regarding transfers. It's no surprise that they lie and contradict themselves so often.

If United sign him as well I am at a loss as to how much money United can spend and stay within the FFP regs, especially if they are still going to make their stellar signing next week (Bale? Ronaldo?)

If United sign him as well I am at a loss as to how much money United can spend and stay within the FFP regs, especially if they are still going to make their stellar signing next week (Bale? Ronaldo?)

They really are that much ahead of us in terms of revenue.

I read last week that they easily could spend net £150 mill in the next 2-3 summer windows without having any troubles... Says it all really.

Read some ITK earlier that we have just had a bulk order of #9 shirts shipped into the Spurs Store.

They really are that much ahead of us in terms of revenue.
I read last week that they easily could spend net £150 mill in the next 2-3 summer windows without having any troubles... Says it all really.
Yup, the so called Financial Fair Play was basically designed to maintain the status quo and prevent any nouveau riche from challenging the financial supremacy of the likes of ManUre.

Can but hope their recent ineptitude in transfer dealings will allow us to steal a march on them this time tho.

Yup, the so called Financial Fair Play was basically designed to maintain the status quo and prevent any nouveau riche from challenging the financial supremacy of the likes of ManUre.

Can but hope their recent ineptitude in transfer dealings will allow us to steal a march on them this time tho.

Agreed. In some ways I quite like the NFL draft system as it at least seeks to level the playing field. However, it also has its drawbacks.

I would have thought we are so much further in the driving seat rather than United. Reasons:

We've been very heavily linked (don't think United have been much).
Sold them Fazio (on the bloody cheap IMO!)
We've already reportedly bid (have United?)

I would have thought we are so much further in the driving seat rather than United. Reasons:

We've been very heavily linked (don't think United have been much).
Sold them Fazio (on the bloody cheap IMO!)
We've already reportedly bid (have United?)
We haven't sold them Fazio? And it doesn't take a minute for United to lodge a bid, they have much more cash- if they want him they'll get him.

However he doesn't strike me as someone they want, they're trying for Bale and Neymar that's the sort of level of player they're after....

Agreed. In some ways I quite like the NFL draft system as it at least seeks to level the playing field. However, it also has its drawbacks.
Indeed, the NFL draft is very egalitarian and I also like the "Luxury Tax" used by the NBA but sadly I doubt that we'll ever see a form or either system implemented in European football, so long as the G-14 clubs try and maintain their stranglehold on the major trophies.

We haven't sold them Fazio? And it doesn't take a minute for United to lodge a bid, they have much more cash- if they want him they'll get him.

However he doesn't strike me as someone they want, they're trying for Bale and Neymar that's the sort of level of player they're after....

With regards to United signing him. I see it the same way, more our level than theirs right now. Expect them to buy higher profile if they purchase a forward.
Although it was slightly tongue-in-cheek, I would not put it post Chelsea to sign him and loan him back for a season. Seeing Pedro today though eases thought.
Surely they wouldnt. would they?

Right you are about Fazio (I still want him to stay) but I guess it's inevitable and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to WBA and SB to us.

Could United blow us out of the water? Sure! But we're not talking peanuts here. There are other factors too; he's young and may get more game time with us thus increasing his chances with the NT (I'd hope Roy wouldn't bias United players over ours).

The rest still stands IMO. He's not been linked with them and strongly with us.

I expect us to sign him soon.

Back