• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

I think an absolute wage-cap rather than one relative to a club's turnover is absolutely the way to go to get a more competitive league. You would then get players not holding out for certain clubs, or managers and it would just be more competitive. Would never happen in a million years though.

I think what will happen is that there will be more of an influx of foreign players in the EPL. The new deal that will kick in next year will just put almost every club in the EPL on a different planet compared to the other leagues with a few exceptions to individual clubs.

The realistic option would be club expenses as % of only gates +tv, when you do merchandising/sponsorship you open yourself to shady brick ...

What was that stat about their club shop at the ground turning over more in a financial year then all the league clubs outside of the EPL put together?
I haven't heard that one but it wouldn't surprise me!

Looking at last season' financial figures on SwissRamble: ManUre' commercial revenue was more than the combined total of Spurs + Villa + Saudi Sportswashing Machine + Wet Spam + Everton + Sunderland + Stoke + West Brom + Southampton + Palace :eek:

f3c8rt.jpg

Re Berahino:
If it happens that he goes somewhere else in circumstances where (a) Poch wants him and (b) Levy would go to the price he subsequently goes for and (c) he would have come here if an acceptable offer had been made early enough, then Levy will have made a very, very bad mistake, because we all know we need striking reinforcements and the window closes in just over a week. To get to this stage and miss-out (assuming he is as target) would be very poor IMO.

Charlie Austin on deadline day would not be good. I say that not because Austin can't score, but if we've shown no interest in him to date when he is obviously available, he's clearly not what Poch wants.

It's all getting very frustrating.

Re Berahino:
If it happens that he goes somewhere else in circumstances where (a) Poch wants him and (b) Levy would go to the price he subsequently goes for and (c) he would have come here if an acceptable offer had been made early enough, then Levy will have made a very, very bad mistake, because we all know we need striking reinforcements and the window closes in just over a week. To get to this stage and miss-out (assuming he is as target) would be very poor IMO.

Charlie Austin on deadline day would not be good. I say that not because Austin can't score, but if we've shown no interest in him to date when he is obviously available, he's clearly not what Poch wants.

He could rate him but not be his first choice

He could rate him but not be his first choice

Its getting difficult to remain positive.

I reckon we have contacted Austins reps and have told him to hold out as we MAY be in for him.

clearly he is not first choice otherwise he would be in by now, its hardly a ringing endorsement.

Because of circumstances we have not been able to get our targets as quickly as we would like, I would say that the transfer business by us has been decent thus far, however if we fail to bring in the 2-3 signings we need by the end of the window then the transfer window turns into a massive failure.

This next week is critical, would love us to get Berahino, yet I am not feeling confident, all our transfers seem to drag which makes them ripe for a good hijacking.

Its getting difficult to remain positive.

I reckon we have contacted Austins reps and have told him to hold out as we MAY be in for him.

clearly he is not first choice otherwise he would be in by now, its hardly a ringing endorsement.

Because of circumstances we have not been able to get our targets as quickly as we would like, I would say that the transfer business by us has been decent thus far, however if we fail to bring in the 2-3 signings we need by the end of the window then the transfer window turns into a massive failure.

This next week is critical, would love us to get Berahino, yet I am not feeling confident, all our transfers seem to drag which makes them ripe for a good hijacking.

But how often do clubs bring in first choices? Of course we should hold out for players that we think are better or better suited but if they do not come off, he would improve our squad and would be a good option.

Re Berahino:

If we end up getting Austin then for me its a signal that we're dropping towards the Everton / Stoke / Southampton type level, and closer to them than Liverpool or Arsenal. Last season we were kept alive by Kane's heroics and Eriksen's late goals...hoping for the same to keep us top 5 is asking for too much

But how often do clubs bring in first choices? Of course we should hold out for players that we think are better or better suited but if they do not come off, he would improve our squad and would be a good option.

difficult to answer that, as its hard to know what other clubs first choices are, I know we are in a weaker position(in terms of buying players) than 5 other clubs in our league, I accept that.

Nothing against Austin, I like him very much, but to me our club failing to get the coach what he really really wants does not bode well for the future, as has been proven in recent history. Saying that I dont want to set off parklane & dubai as like them both very much.

I just want our club to get what it wants from a selfish point of view and anything less than what we want/need just feels like failure and setting us up for further failure.

I know how complicated and murky transfers are, but the club needs a lift so I hope we get him.

difficult to answer that, as its hard to know what other clubs first choices are, I know we are in a weaker position(in terms of buying players) than 5 other clubs in our league, I accept that.

Nothing against Austin, I like him very much, but to me our club failing to get the coach what he really really wants does not bode well for the future, as has been proven in recent history. Saying that I dont want to set off parklane & dubai as like them both very much.

I just want our club to get what it wants from a selfish point of view and anything less than what we want/need just feels like failure and setting us up for further failure.

I know how complicated and murky transfers are, but the club needs a lift so I hope we get him.

I am pretty sure that we are going to get him.

I agree that it is frustrating starting the season with an incomplete squad but I do not know whether we would be better off paying more to get players in earlier.

If we end up getting Austin then for me its a signal that we're dropping towards the Everton / Stoke / Southampton type level, and closer to them than Liverpool or Ar5ena1. Last season we were kept alive by Kane's heroics and Eriksen's late goals...hoping for the same to keep us top 5 is asking for too much

I dont agree that signing Austin would drop us to that level...and in a way its insulting to those clubs to say that.

I would say an injury free Austin would bag us 15 goals a season.....I would take that with both hands.

I am pretty sure that we are going to get him.

I agree that it is frustrating starting the season with an incomplete squad but I do not know whether we would be better off paying more to get players in earlier.

Got to be honest here, I think we harm ourselves by not acting quicker.

Berahino is tricky but Austin could have been bought from the get go.

I would say we would have more than 2 points from 9 if we had Austin from day 1 vs utd....Kane wouldnt have been flogged to death and we would have benefited from more attacking options on the bench...lacking first three games.

Do you think similar to the above?

Got to be honest here, I think we harm ourselves by not acting quicker.

Berahino is tricky but Austin could have been bought from the get go.

I would say we would have more than 2 points from 9 if we had Austin from day 1 vs utd....Kane wouldnt have been flogged to death and we would have benefited from more attacking options on the bench...lacking first three games.

Do you think similar to the above?

I think that we would probably be two points better off this season if we had completed our business before the league started. How many more points (if any) Berahino is worth over Austin over the course of a season I find it impossible to answer but he would give us different options whereas Austin is more of a like for like with Kane.

I dont agree that signing Austin would drop us to that level...and in a way its insulting to those clubs to say that.

I would say an injury free Austin would bag us 15 goals a season.....I would take that with both hands.

How is it insulting to those clubs? In the past 10 years, Everton have finished above us once or twice at most

Austin is 26 so wont improve much from here, played for the might Swindon, Burnley and QPR and had one decent season in the PL

How is it insulting to those clubs? In the past 10 years, Everton have finished above us once or twice at most

Austin is 26 so wont improve much from here, played for the might Swindon, Burnley and QPR and had one decent season in the PL

I think Austin can do a job for us but to accomodate him we'd have to move Kane or have Austin as a substitute. At £15m I would want a starter. That, in my mind, is probably the reason why he is at most a back up. The other options that have been mentioned are players that can either play with Kane as the striker or instead of.

Because I honestly dont think we have any divine right to class ourselves as superior just yet.

sure behind the scenes (training complex) location wise we should be far more desirable and able to offer bigger wages than both.

But in the grand scheme of things I think this way of thinking is responsible for us reacting badly to not picking up three points every game, finishing 5th is no victory for me..we won the Carling cup in back in 08. Got to a final last year...but we have not achieved anything recently of note to look down our noses at those clubs in my opinion...doing so is a weakness we need to shift....need to earn the right to be superior.

Respect your opinion on Austin....yet he would improve us I think.

I think that we would probably be two points better off this season if we had completed our business before the league started. How many more points (if any) Berahino is worth over Austin over the course of a season I find it impossible to answer but he would give us different options whereas Austin is more of a like for like with Kane.

Yeah thats what I was thinking....two points better off.....fine margins and all that.

Even with signing Austin we could play both as I see Kane as very adept in the no 10....just off the striker role.

Back