• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

When I asked if #THFC needed two new strikers, Poch said: "No, I think one more & we have different players that can play like a striker"

I do hope Poch considers Njie as a wing forward :eek:

we need Berahino as well, he is the striker isnt he?

When I asked if #THFC needed two new strikers, Poch said: "No, I think one more & we have different players that can play like a striker"

I saw that as well - quite concerning if its true. However in the same interview he also denied Soldado potentially leaving and wouldnt elaborate on Adebayor, so it might just be BS....if West Brom know that we definitely want a second CF then the price for Berahino will go up

I saw that as well - quite concerning if its true. However in the same interview he also denied Soldado potentially leaving and wouldnt elaborate on Adebayor, so it might just be BS....if West Brom know that we definitely want a second CF then the price for Berahino will go up

If we are signing N'Jie and still speaking with WBA about Berahino, it's hardly going to be a shock to them that we are interested in the player. Their price for Berahino will likely remain the same all the time that they know we are still interested.

Whilst I do think we need another striker it wouldn't come as a shock to me if we aren't in for Berahino - there has simply been no noise coming from either club at any time that there has even been a bid.....

Whilst I do think we need another striker it wouldn't come as a shock to me if we aren't in for Berahino - there has simply been no noise coming from either club at any time that there has even been a bid.....

You may be right. My thinking is that Poch wants to replace Soldado and Adebayor, even if the latter has not left. But he's replaced them with player that are flexible to play in other positions which gives us some flexibility. Njie is one for the future, so I hope people aren't going to be expecting 15+ goals from him in the next season. Berahino is proven in this league (albeit one season) and so him and Kane will be our main I would hope.

How often do you get direct quotes from clubs about specific transfer negotiations? I won't say that it never happens. But the vast majority of transfers are only announced officially once the deal is done.

Unofficially, there has been a lot of chat from various sources about Berahino coming to Spurs.

As always when people suggest swap deals or part exchanges, how many can you actually name which have happened? I think you'll struggle to get to double figures....
Um, Vorm and Davies for Siggy last year? From what I have heard, Pulis would really like Fazio, we're not averse to offloading him, so the only question that remains is if he would willing to go to Brom. But that would still be the sticking point, even if Brom made a straight up offer for him. So maybe in general swap deals are more difficult to pull off, but in this case I do not see any hard evidence that we couldn't.

Yes I think Berahino will be a West Brom player come 2nd September, or a city player. Think he's going to be too pricey for us so we aren't even in for him.

I'd say that, from the sheer weight and persistence of rumour surrounding this potential deal, there can little doubt that Spurs are in for Berahino.

£20m - which is what I think he will eventually go for - is easily within our budget for a highly rated, young, proven, home grown English striker. Even £25m would be. Of course, City could make a late swoop and he could choose the greater money and trophy winning potential there over the greater likelihood of game time at Spurs. But failing that, I think it very likely that he will be a Spurs player by September 2nd.

i don't think we'll be stretching that far on the price tbh Jimbo - i reckon it'll be 15m upfront (or guaranteed) then a further 5-10 in addons/performance related clauses. that'll probably be what the sticking point is

i don't think we'll be stretching that far on the price tbh Jimbo - i reckon it'll be 15m upfront (or guaranteed) then a further 5-10 in addons/performance related clauses. that'll probably be what the sticking point is
Considering the new TV deal and all the money coming in next season, West Brom would probably want the guaranteed part to be much higher, as they would need the money now and not at the end of the season.

How often do you get direct quotes from clubs about specific transfer negotiations? I won't say that it never happens. But the vast majority of transfers are only announced officially once the deal is done.

Unofficially, there has been a lot of chat from various sources about Berahino coming to Spurs.
You often get the selling club coming out saying no one has met valuation, need to make a better bid etc often. The media have put two and two together because our need for a striker is obvious and he fits our sort of criteria. But don't forget the media take many stories from'ITKs' and ITK the same from the media, but many on these forums convince themselves there must be something in it when so often there was nowhere near the substantial interested mooted. But if you want to believe the 'unofficial' chat then go for it, I certainly hope it's true but not convinced we are in for him at all...

You often get the selling club coming out saying no one has met valuation, need to make a better bid etc often. The media have put two and two together because our need for a striker is obvious and he fits our sort of criteria. But don't forget the media take many stories from'ITKs' and ITK the same from the media, but many on these forums convince themselves there must be something in it when so often there was nowhere near the substantial interested mooted. But if you want to believe the 'unofficial' chat then go for it, I certainly hope it's true but not convinced we are in for him at all...

There has been plenty of that sort of chat from Pulis.

As I said, we may not eventually get Berahino but there's little doubt that we are in for him, IMO.

There has been plenty of that sort of chat from Pulis.

As I said, we may not eventually get Berahino but there's little doubt that we are in for him, IMO.
I must of missed Pulis saying that, but I'll take your word for it.

I think there's plenty of doubt we are in for him,but I hope you are right...

Harr, this is the kind of chat... not specific to Spurs:

Speaking after the Baggies’ 2-0 friendly win over Walsall at the Banks’ Stadium on Tuesday night, Pulis was keen to play down suggestions Berahino could be on his way out of the club.

“Saido is okay, there is always going to be speculation during the window,” Pulis told SSNHQ.

“He is a very, very good player and he is English and those players, as you have seen with (Raheem) Sterling and people like that, they are wanted players.

“The great thing about it is that I think we have got him in a position where he knows what to do and how to cope with things.

“He’s handled himself very well during the last couple of weeks and tonight in the game. He has shown great attitude and I think it was appreciated by all the West Bromwich Albion supporters.”

West Brom earlier on Tuesday posted a quirky message on their Twitter feed, stating: "OK, this is getting silly now. So let us make it clear. There has been NO bid for Saido. That's it. Carry on everyone."

"Never say never in football because you just don't know what's around the corner,".

“For me to say 'we're going to do this', 'we're not going to do that' or 'that is set in stone', is not going to happen”

"Even with Raheem Sterling, for a while nobody thought Liverpool would sell him to a main rival and in the end they sold him.

"Who knows what is around the corner in this game?

"He's a good player and we want to keep him at the club.

"I believe another year of playing regular football at West Bromwich Albion will make him a better player and a stronger character. but that's my opinion.

"He's got two years left and he's been as good as gold around the place.

"At the moment he's with us and we're very pleased he's with us and we're hoping he will stay."

"Last year we relied a lot on Saido's goals but Rickie has a really good goalscoring record and we're hoping he will add to what Saido did last year," added Pulis.

"It will definitely give us another threat.

yeah that all reads as though there is genuine interest in him - otherwise he'd just say there's no interest

Um, Vorm and Davies for Siggy last year? From what I have heard, Pulis would really like Fazio, we're not averse to offloading him, so the only question that remains is if he would willing to go to Brom. But that would still be the sticking point, even if Brom made a straight up offer for him. So maybe in general swap deals are more difficult to pull off, but in this case I do not see any hard evidence that we couldn't.

As I said, name 10

Yeah sounds like there should have been interest, I hope it's us and we are seriously in for him. But having interest and being prepared to seriously go for the player are two different things. If you were to believe the media we have bidded for him loads of times. Maybe we did hold an 'interest' but with Nije coming in it might not materialise....

Yeah sounds like there should have been interest, I hope it's us and we are seriously in for him. But having interest and being prepared to seriously go for the player are two different things. If you were to believe the media we have bidded for him loads of times. Maybe we did hold an 'interest' but with Nije coming in it might not materialise....

I cannot believe that we would buy N'jie instead of Berahino. Nor can I believe that we would buy N'jie and no one else.

With Bobby and Adebayor gone, we will have only one recognised striker. We will need at least two more. And while N'jie fills a need by providing blistering pace in the wide forward positions, he couldn't provide the sort of cover that we might need, at some point during the season, for Harry Kane. Berahino, on the other hand, can play both roles.

Back