• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

Is Udioge the new Djed Spence?

I'd give Sess more time. The boy has talent and he's shown it in flashes. He's still only 22.

When I've said his crossing is no better than Royale's people didn't believe me. [emoji28]

He is far more willing to put a cross in which is a massive difference. Royale gets I to loads of great crossing positions and refuses/is afraid to put the ball in so he passes it sideways which adds to the frustration with him. Sess is far more likely to cross the ball in but his crossing is very hit and miss.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Again not trying to be overly negative about him but I see nothing special about his touch? Seems rather average to me, it's not terrible or anything but it's hardly exceptional. What is it about his touch that impresses you?

Nothings special but he takes the ball quickly and moves with it. Sounds toss I know but we have so many players who need the first touch just to stand still

Nothings special but he takes the ball quickly and moves with it. Sounds toss I know but we have so many players who need the first touch just to stand still
The level of first touch across our squad is atrocious. [emoji1787]

It's actually painful watch the 3 touch control process at times. Sometimes I think we are trying to play a level of football beyond the capability of the players we have. From brick first touches, to simple passes going astray to the general inability of the squad to pass the ball under any form of pressure or any passes that are beyond super obvious, easy and shorter than 5 yards.

I actually bloody despair. [emoji28]

The level of first touch across our squad is atrocious. [emoji1787]

It's actually painful watch the 3 touch control process at times. Sometimes I think we are trying to play a level of football beyond the capability of the players we have. From brick first touches, to simple passes going astray to the general inability of the squad to pass the ball under any form of pressure or any passes that are beyond super obvious, easy and shorter than 5 yards.

I actually bloody despair. [emoji28]

Exactly
It’s woefully bad
But… normally his is good, good enough for him to move with the ball… if only he was brave enough

Exactly
It’s woefully bad
But… normally his is good, good enough for him to move with the ball… if only he was brave enough
He actually has very good technique in terms of controlling a ball and striking the ball/passing it etc But he doesn’t have explosive pace or ball skills to beat a man which massively helps creating from out wide. Be interesting to see how/if he develops further from here….

No. He has been playing week in week out in Serie A consistently posting impressive performances. Just his latest instalment:

View attachment 14741

Have you seen him play much?

On the first touch point, I watch it pretty closely as it’s something I’ve drilled into my young fella. Last Sunday some of the first touches were brilliant. Perisic and Sess particularly were pulling balls out of the sky with ease. Royal has a great first touch too…it’s just what he does with it after is the problem.

Have you seen him play much?

On the first touch point, I watch it pretty closely as it’s something I’ve drilled into my young fella. Last Sunday some of the first touches were brilliant. Perisic and Sess particularly were pulling balls out of the sky with ease. Royal has a great first touch too…it’s just what he does with it after is the problem.
Why I’d be interested to see Sess play on the right more. He has the touch and technique but he doesn’t have exceptional skill or pace which makes it tough for him to create unless there’s a load of space for him to run into. He got moved to the right second half against Bournemouth and lots commented they liked the look of him there. He then started against Marseille as RWB and it just didn’t work but the whole team were poor that first half, so doesn’t necessarily mean it could never be looked at again.

As for Udogie I haven’t seen him in the same way I have Spence, just highlights really. But he looks the part and he is constantly highlighted as performing well in the media. He has chipped in with a couple of goals and assists which is what you want from your wingback aswell…..

Seems to me he has a limited football brain, chooses the wrong pass, delays when he should be quick, and crosses without looking to target a teammate. Yesterday, having lost the ball for the second goal, did he chase back to cover like he wanted to amend? nope.
He looks tense as though blinded by the headlights.
Conte keeps selecting him in some hope he might deliver, but subs him in frustration nearly every time.
He's nowhere near the quality required for an aspirational top-four side.

Is Udioge the new Djed Spence?

I'd give Sess more time. The boy has talent and he's shown it in flashes. He's still only 22.
You're comparing a Rolex to a Folex here. I don't want to hype Udogie up too much but we should be excited for him whenever he arrives. Sess would be a fine back-up to him, don't think he should be sold IMO.

When I've said his crossing is no better than Royale's people didn't believe me. [emoji28]

He is far more willing to put a cross in which is a massive difference. Royale gets I to loads of great crossing positions and refuses/is afraid to put the ball in so he passes it sideways which adds to the frustration with him. Sess is far more likely to cross the ball in but his crossing is very hit and miss.

I'd be interested to see the total numbers of crosses made as a comparison as a a difference in completed % only tells you half the story

I'd be interested to see the total numbers of crosses made as a comparison as a a difference in completed % only tells you half the story
Because I'm sad.

PPA -- Completed passes into the 18-yard box
Not including set pieces
CrsPA -- Completed crosses into the 18-yard box
Not including set pieces
CRS - Crosses

PPA:. Royal 39 Sess 20
CrsPA: Royal 16 Sess 7
CRS: Royal 109 Sess 64

Stats for the last season and this one up to the last game.

I have to admit I wasn't expecting Emerson to actually have more attempted crosses and more completed crosses. [emoji44]

Numbers courtesy of Fbref.

Back