• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

If I'm reading that right the numbers are for last season and this combined?

Royal played 2291 minutes last season and 847 this (3138 total)

Sessegnon played 1054 + 663 (1717)

Not trying to prove anything there, but i think that minutes played need to be factored in to those total numbers for context given that one player has almost twice the amount of minutes. 2 of the three look to still be in Royals favour (without crunching the numbers exactly)

*assuming your numbers are from PL games only

If I'm reading that right the numbers are for last season and this combined?

Royal played 2291 minutes last season and 847 this (3138 total)

Sessegnon played 1054 + 663 (1717)

Not trying to prove anything there, but i think that minutes played need to be factored in to those total numbers for context given that one player has almost twice the amount of minutes. 2 of the three look to still be in Royals favour (without crunching the numbers exactly)

*assuming your numbers are from PL games only

Yes PL games only and yes last season and this one combined. I can get them for just this season if you want those as well?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Yes PL games only and yes last season and this one combined. I can get them for just this season if you want those as well?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Nah i don't think that's necessary - would be interesting to see the numbers posted by wingbacks under Conte at his previous clubs by way of seeing how far/close our guys are to his ideal level of player

Thought I'd give the lad's thread a bump and congratulate him on not closing down Saka enough before Hugo 'chucked' it in. I know others made mistakes today, but this kid seems so timid.

Thought I'd give the lad's thread a bump and congratulate him on not closing down Saka enough before Hugo 'chucked' it in. I know others made mistakes today, but this kid seems so timid.
In fairness to him he was defending 2 on 1 on one of the most in form players in the PL. While we wanted him to support the attack as well. Today's result was not on him, it was on Conte.

He's lost, said it somewhere else, it's like watching Dele without quite the memories

I was surprised he got picked over Perisic today, but you saw all of Sess today
- First 10 minutes he was set free, Kane and Son were making the run, he had space, just need to put a cross in, didn't
- At times managed Saka, at times just completely got himself bypassed (his positioning is awful)
- Made a great run to get 1:1 with Ramsdale and get us back in the game, fluffed it
- Was terrible challenging for anything in the air
- Actually made a few runs (inside?) where he actually took on his man (something I haven't seen in a long time from him)
- Hard to blame him for Hugo's fudge up, but he was late on blocking Saka, and his deflection contributed to Hugo's error

It's been years now, he's not suddenly going to turn a corner, I suspect the only reason there isn't more noise re LWB is Udogie coming in over summer. Udogie/Perisic will likely be next year's lineup.

He's lost, said it somewhere else, it's like watching Dele without quite the memories

- First 10 minutes he was set free, Kane and Son were making the run, he had space, just need to put a cross in, didn't
- At times managed Saka, at times just completely got himself bypassed (his positioning is awful)
- Made a great run to get 1:1 with Ramsdale and get us back in the game, fluffed it
- Actually made a few runs (inside?) where he actually took on his man (something I haven't seen in a long time from him)
- Hard to blame him for Hugo's fudge up, but he was late on blocking Saka, and his deflection contributed to Hugo's error

It's been years now, he's not suddenly going to turn a corner, I suspect the only reason there isn't more noise re LWB is Udogie coming in over summer. Udogie/Perisic will likely be next year's lineup.
When he made his run Kane and son were behind him
He couldn’t pass to them without hitting it crazily long and backwards
He also checked tensile runs because I think he was fudging petrified of having to cover back in defence, elscially if some was running forward
He is woeful in the air but those challenges are always form Hugo delicately lumping it out to his left where the defender will always win the ball
He had saka and odegarrd all game and had no support from son.
It was a brilliant save from ramsdale. The kind Hugo could dream of
He did get poor,y caught out in the first goal

In fairness to him he was defending 2 on 1 on one of the most in form players in the PL. While we wanted him to support the attack as well. Today's result was not on him, it was on Conte.
I agree and specified in my post that others made mistakes as well as Sess. A young player with such seemingly fragile confidence needs to be supported by those around him.

I agree and specified in my post that others made mistakes as well as Sess. A young player with such seemingly fragile confidence needs to be supported by those around him.
Your never supported with conte and our fans generally hate him
I was in the loo at half time and that goal was All on sessegnon as it can’t be on Hugo … weird eh
Hugo throws it in the net and it’s on another player

Your never supported with conte and our fans generally hate him
I was in the loo at half time and that goal was All on sessegnon as it can’t be on Hugo … weird eh
Hugo throws it in the net and it’s on another player

Sess played his part, but Hugo literally threw it upwards into his own net. As Milo nsaid, if Hugo was not there, the ball would’ve just gone across the goal!

What sort of manager puts a weakish out of form player in that position yesterday against the team top of the league and one of the form players in the league?

Fwiw I thought he done ok 2nd half. Still not the answer though. Weak, unambitious, always looks like things are against him (as opposed to being full of himself).

Crossing is so poor. Never takes a man on 1 on 1. Look where Saka collected the ball for the first goal vs where where Sess picked it up twice before that. He just didn’t want to get in a situation with the defender so went for the ‘easy’ option of a cross both times and didn’t even kick the ball cleanly.

Meh.

Hes not the player we hoped he would be. His hype came from playing LW in the championship and scoring shedloads but hes never demonstrated the ability to play either LB or LWB effectively, which is especially galling when LWB should really suit him. I've said it before and i'll say it again, I really can't see the fuss about him. He has no outstanding attributes, his single best aspect are his open space runs and finishing, which are admittedly good (not stand out). Everything else is below standard or mediocre. Passing, crossing, dribbling etc all crap.

I know already the responses are going to be that he lacks confidence but even with confidence he can't dribble or beat his man, even with confidence he has no passing vision and again with confidence he can't cross with any accuracy. I haven't even spoken about his defensive attributes because...well he has none.

I'm truly not trying to slate him, I really hope he can prove me wrong and become an important player for us but like I keep saying. I just don't see it with him. It feels like the fans want him to be something and are projecting that onto him rather than looking at what he actually is.

I must admit this is the player who has surprised me most with his performances. He has the ability to be a real top player but sadly he seems to lack the confidence to push on and prove it. I know quite a few coaches from his early days and they ALL said he was one of the most gifted players for his age. Sad to see such a promising player not showing his talents,still young so there is still hope i guess.

I must admit this is the player who has surprised me most with his performances. He has the ability to be a real top player but sadly he seems to lack the confidence to push on and prove it. I know quite a few coaches from his early days and they ALL said he was one of the most gifted players for his age. Sad to see such a promising player not showing his talents, still young so there is still hope i guess.
I know it's only the highlights, but he did really well to put Son through yesterday, and also to get into his shooting opportunity - both were good saves by Ramsdale, but we could have been talking about a goal and an assist.

I thought he pretty much did the right thing there.... He had no cover behind him so couldn't charge in. He then showed Saka the outside (which is Saka's weakness) and that only ends up a goal due to the utter incompetence of our keeper.

First 10 minutes, he got himself into great positions... positions that Doherty on the other side never got himself into all game and it looked to me as though neither Son or Kane made a run for him, both seemed to just be hanging around on the edge of the area happily marked?
Saka is a very good player, dealing with him alone is very hard. When Arsenal are creating overlaps with their full back and Son isn't providing any defensive cover, therefore leaving Sessegnon to cope with two players then there isn't a wing back in the PL who is going to cope with that.
Made a great run and hit a very good shot when 1 on 1 with Ramsdale, unfortunately their keeper just made a great save. Again, I didn't see Doherty ever get in behind in the whole game.
Did pretty much everything right in that one on one with Saka for Arsenal's opener. Had no cover behind him so couldn't dive in, he showed Saka the outside (which is where Saka doesn't want to go.... he pretty much always cuts back inside). Saka's shot/cross doesn't result in a goal against any other keeper in the PL IMO.
You've also ignored the fact that Sessegnon created our best chance of the first half when he put in Son for a one on one with Ramsdale, that Ramsdale also saved well.
Sessegnon was head and shoulders better than Doherty yesterday. Son left him horribly exposed at times and yet he still could easily have had an assist and a goal (and did nothing wrong himself for that not to happen).

I know it's only the highlights, but he did really well to put Son through yesterday, and also to get into his shooting opportunity - both were good saves by Ramsdale, but we could have been talking about a goal and an assist.

I have no doubt the talent is there and as i say every coach who has worked with him that i know would say the same. As i say he is still only 22 so i am hoping that his confidence ( which sometimes is the biggest problem with young players) can improve nad he goes on to show that ability he really has.

Back