• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

He's spoken a few times about the advice that Perisic has been giving him. Maybe he is a player who needs, and can benefit from, mentoring by someone with the experience of Perisic. Some players make it off their own bat, others may need a bit more guidance and help in building confidence.

He's spoken a few times about the advice that Perisic has been giving him. Maybe he is a player who needs, and can benefit from, mentoring by someone with the experience of Perisic. Some players make it off their own bat, others may need a bit more guidance and help in building confidence.

Hopefully Sess can make the step-up that’s needed. Peresic should be the ideal role model in terms of making the most of his ability. Something that got lost in the mayhem of the VAR flimflam the other night was Peresic’s part in the disallowed goal. Seconds remaining and he didn’t just lump it into the box, he checked back and measured the perfect cross. Pure class.

Think he actually looked decent from the right. Would rather have him or Gil in there then Moura.
I liked him very much on that side.

It meant he could whip balls in and he seemed more able to jink and beat a player in a one on one situation. [emoji848]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I don't know about how much support he receives from senior players, but that type of senior player encouragement seems to me to be lacking in our squad.

I see Arsenal and Liverpool for instance, smiles, thumbs up from Xhaxa, Salah in the game in normal passage of play etc.

Nice gestures that I haven't noticed much of, maybe the cameras don't capture it.

I really want him to be a good player and I naively thought he would be. But, he's really not. He doesn't look convincing in anything he does. He does a little junk or piece of skill to get past a player then just thinks actually I won't get that.
Looking forward to Udogie arriving.

Sess saddens me. All of the ability in the world, none of the self-belief, courage or confidence.

Somewhere in an alternate reality is a Sess who lived up to his huge potential and became a world- beater. But, we just have this version - a timid, perpetually frightened kid, who is going to get dropped like a stone for Udogie the second the latter gets here.

Sess saddens me. All of the ability in the world, none of the self-belief, courage or confidence.

Somewhere in an alternate reality is a Sess who lived up to his huge potential and became a world- beater. But, we just have this version - a timid, perpetually frightened kid, who is going to get dropped like a stone for Udogie the second the latter gets here.
Maybe he will step up then
Players take time
I did agree though what’s missing from him is the cahones

Personally I don’t think he’s some brilliant player who’s just lacking balls / confidence - I just don’t think he has the speed and/or skill to beat people.

Personally I don’t think he’s some brilliant player who’s just lacking balls / confidence - I just don’t think he has the speed and/or skill to beat people.

Which is the most annoying thing.. he used to be a wing forward scoring goals for Fulham, Now he gets one on one and can't beat a man and is so he feels forced to pass backwards instead!

When you see Perisic and Doherty swing crosses in with ease it's infuriating

I thought he played ok today personally.

Compared to his usual standard or just in general?
I didn't think he was terrible by any means but you compare to every time that Perisic gets the ball out wide it was left or right foot swung into the danger zone. With Sess it's 1 in 10 chance he gets a cross away on his left and zero chance of anything productive if he has to cut back on the right.

I didn't think he was terrible by any means but you compare to every time that Perisic gets the ball out wide it was left or right foot swung into the danger zone. With Sess it's 1 in 10 chance he gets a cross away on his left and zero chance of anything productive if he has to cut back on the right.
I think Sess is far better than Perisic at trying to get in behind. Perisic always does the safe thing it seems to me.

Perisic doesn’t defend though
and I stand by what I have said for some time…. Give him a decent wing back the other side and he will be much better
The amount of times today he was wide left and high and royal was playing right back almost next to the CB

I think Sess is far better than Perisic at trying to get in behind. Perisic always does the safe thing it seems to me.
He does, because he can
But rarely does it work unless it’s a set play
I’ll add though that I thought Perisic was everywhere today and put in a real shift

I wonder if after another transfer window or two we'll ever be done debating wing backs, it's such a weird position. I dont think we'll ever have 2 that are great going forward and solid defensively will we!?

He does, because he can
But rarely does it work unless it’s a set play
I’ll add though that I thought Perisic was everywhere today and put in a real shift
It’s interesting because when we play on the front foot and push teams back then Perisic’s quality of delivery is really useful. However when we’re playing our negative, back foot, Conte football he is far less influential as he seems to always look to come back inside.

It’s interesting because when we play on the front foot and push teams back then Perisic’s quality of delivery is really useful. However when we’re playing our negative, back foot, Conte football he is far less influential as he seems to always look to come back inside.
He is a winger playing wing back
I guess that’s his natural way

Back