• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Looks like he was a little wary of the challenge when he first came on and indecisive. He got in to it furhter in to the game and made a decent tackle. Just shows that he is lacking pitch time. The lads a good player.

Agree with all of the above, thought he was excellent tonight. Moves the ball quickly when he gets it, something a few of our other players could learn from. Glad to see him back. :)

Yup. Quick passing. Also plays the through ball so well. Looks to pass forward which will lead to possession loss more often but leads to higher chance creation. Leaves Poch with a conundrum for Sunday. Dier with two of Mason, Dembele or Alli in the central positions.

Not just based on tonight but I'd have Mason and Dier with Dembele further forward and drop Alli for Arsenal game. Alli can be wasteful at times, not putting a downer on him I think he'll be a star but I think especially against Arsenal we could with Dembele and Masons qualities ahead of him...

Mason is one of those players who gets better as he settles in. Defo play him Sunday. I think he might score! A lot more to come from this guy. Poch has to manage him well, rotate him now and again to keep him fully fit.

Mason is one of those players who gets better as he settles in. Defo play him Sunday. I think he might score! A lot more to come from this guy. Poch has to manage him well, rotate him now and again to keep him fully fit.

I think Mason is still improving .. a year ago he looked like a guy playing at the absolute top of his ability that would inevitably be replaced by an "upgrade" purchase.

This season he looks the part, looks like he will be very hard to improve/upgrade on, well done to him

Played really well this season for the most part. We've got great options in centre mid now, going in to the season I thought bentalab was the best of the lot, who knows now!

It's GREAT to have Mason back as an option - wouldn't you agree @GrimsbyYid ?

;)

:eek:

Grimsby has given Mason some plaudits this season and he was always one of they critics so fair play there

The key with Mason is that he does try the harder passes and also gets in to support attacks which historically left us sometimes exposed. Dier has sorted that for him and I was also impressed with Diers passing again tonight which I think we under rate as fans due to the other sides of his game

It's great to have some strength there now and it's only gonna get better the more experience these guys pick up

Not just based on tonight but I'd have Mason and Dier with Dembele further forward and drop Alli for Arsenal game. Alli can be wasteful at times, not putting a downer on him I think he'll be a star but I think especially against Arsenal we could with Dembele and Masons qualities ahead of him...

This seems like a good idea to me too. Although I would trust Pochettino to make a good and informed decision. Probably between Mason and Alli and it's probably pretty close all in all.

Ha, it is great to have him as an option yeah. Off the bench :) Although I think Alli should have a break, but I'm more thinking when Son comes back into the team. Sunday I'd play the same 11 that beat Bournmouth and Villa.
Well done Grimsby - looks like your making progress! :p

GrimsbyYid,30 Dec 2014
*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OOMT ***
"as I've said many times i think Mason isn't a prem standard player never mind a spurs standard player"

He played well last night, I was not a real fan of his last year when he was paired alongside Bentleb as I thought as a pair in CM they were our biggest weakness. However now we have Dier in there it has allowed Mason to push further forward which suits him better.

Well done Grimsby - looks like your making progress! :p

GrimsbyYid,30 Dec 2014
*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OOMT ***
"as I've said many times i think Mason isn't a prem standard player never mind a spurs standard player"

Haha, I wouldn't say I'm convinced yet, and it still wouldn't surprise me to see him in the championship in a couple of years. But he looked good against Sunderland so there is hope!! I just don't know how with Dier, Alli, Dembele and Bentaleb he'll get loads of opportunities, plus the fact I think we should sign another defensive midfielder.

Haha, I wouldn't say I'm convinced yet, and e it still wouldn't surprise me to see him in the championship in a couple of years. But he looked good against Sunderland so there is hope!! I just don't know how with Dier, Alli, Dembele and Bentaleb he'll get loads of opportunities, plus the fact I think we should sign another defensive midfielder.
Amazed you still do not fully appreciate what he brings to the team. Like Alli (who is tbf considerably more talented if a little less dynamic) he wins possession and gets the ball forward swiftly into attackers, both out wide and through the middle. He reminds me a little of Perryman, short on stature but one of those vital cogs that wrests possession with timely interventions all over the park.

Back