• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

We need him back as soon as possible. The team lacks someone dictating the tempo in the middle.
Dier, Alli and Dembele all have their strengths but none of them can do this.

I don't think I've ever been the opposite of so much in my entire life... It would be interesting going for a beer with you :)

We need him back as soon as possible. The team lacks someone dictating the tempo in the middle.
Dier, Alli and Dembele all have their strengths but none of them can do this.

Agree 100% - alli is getting plaudits but for me we lack something when he starts in CM Compared to Mason, mainly we dont move the ball as well and we lack dynamism.

I am also really looking forward to an inform Nabil starting next to dier.

Agree with a couple comments above - though we missed him today. We needed someone in the middle who could pass and move quickly. That said, Liverpool were playing with two defensive CMs plus Milner who is a worker so at times it was almost like a back 7 - without a passer in CM, it was always going to be hard

I think having someone like Mason in the front 3 would yield results like against Sunderland. Mason, Lamela and Son has a bit of everything except height...

I was talking about with Son out. When he and Mason are back I think that Alli should take a breather

I agree with that completely. I can see Alli's potential, but I don't think his performances in the last couple of games has been that impressive when compared to others in the team. He's not an automatic starter for me yet.

I agree with that completely. I can see Alli's potential, but I don't think his performances in the last couple of games has been that impressive when compared to others in the team. He's not an automatic starter for me yet.

He's also young and I think that there is a lot to be said in giving him some experience and then taking him out of the limelight for a little while to work on his game.

absolutely...they are still developing even at his age.

They need to be taken out of the spotlight sometimes, the pressure and hype builds up and it does effect them and sometimes not for their own good. We saw it with Bentaleb last season and it caught up with him.

They need to be taken out of the spotlight sometimes, the pressure and hype builds up and it does effect them and sometimes not for their own good. We saw it with Bentaleb last season and it caught up with him.

A very accurate observation mate...as much as I banged on about him being a future skipper, it appears that the accumulative effects of last season and the Sherwood-era run certainly had an effect on a very young player. Add the international ANC duty too.

same applies to Harry. He is playing well overall but the goalscoring burden/expectations on his shoulders after last seasons exploits means he is carrying that added pressure in each game which may be affecting his finishing.

Its only his 2nd PL season, he too could do with being taken out of the spotlight

same applies to Harry. He is playing well overall but the goalscoring burden/expectations on his shoulders after last seasons exploits means he is carrying that added pressure in each game which may be affecting his finishing.

Its only his 2nd PL season, he too could do with being taken out of the spotlight

He is not that much older either.

Last edited:
A very accurate observation mate...as much as I banged on about him being a future skipper, it appears that the accumulative effects of last season and the Sherwood-era run certainly had an effect on a very young player. Add the international ANC duty too.

I think that there are times when us supporters forget how much pressure we put on young players to perform, its can be hard for them to remain consistent and there are usually peaks and troughs. But it can be a good thing ( as daft as that sounds) for them to be pulled out of the firing line from time to time.

As Milo said Fergie was great at it, overplaying youngsters is sometimes the worst thing for them and can effect confidence.

Good luck with that.... Unless we're planning on playing Ryan Loft up front!

Back