• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

is he not someone who has suffered with lots of injuries? poch spoke about making him stronger and thus more resistant to that kind of injury. But two games in 48 hours is too much.

Is it wrong of me to say mason getting injured was a blessing in disguise? Dembele was immense! (Ps you were saying milo :) )
I thought that Dembele played well yesterday but our bright start to the game was affected by Mason going off.

I think that Dembele's flexibility may see him retained until the summer and I have been impressed with him recently but I do not expect to see him start regularly ahead of either Mason or Bentaleb.

I thought that Dembele played well yesterday but our bright start to the game was affected by Mason going off.

I think that Dembele's flexibility may see him retained until the summer and I have been impressed with him recently but I do not expect to see him start regularly ahead of either Mason or Bentaleb.

Yeah Dembele adds 'weight' to a quite lightweight CM. He can hold off players really well. When he does and then rounds them he opens up space. Just having his physical presence in the middle is good. I would be very happy with the 3 of them - Bentaleb, Mason and Dembele rotating. Dembele does bring something. Hopefully Poch can unleash the beast.

Good news that he's being talked of as a doubt for the Burnley game today (spurs twitter I think).

Even if he misses out today, which seems likely, at least it seems like his absence will be shorter.

Our tempo against teams that sit back all continue to nonexistent without Mason and Bentaleb. They are so much the only central midfielders we have capable of playing quick one touch football.
I'm all for trying Veljkovic or Eriksen there ahead of Stambouli or Dembele.

we need to find kasim and bring him back

He's doing really well at Swindon now.

I think our relationship with Swindon has crumbled though, seeing as they are owned by Timmeh's best mate, so we'd probably need to pay well over the odds to get him back

Our tempo against teams that sit back all continue to nonexistent without Mason and Bentaleb. They are so much the only central midfielders we have capable of playing quick one touch football.
I'm all for trying Veljkovic or Eriksen there ahead of Stambouli or Dembele.

Didnt see the game last night (who did?) however this is a threat which has been looming, though at least its one which Poch will want to solve givne it kills his style of football. The easiest solution for the transfer window would be to recall Caroll

Didnt see the game last night (who did?) however this is a threat which has been looming, though at least its one which Poch will want to solve givne it kills his style of football. The easiest solution for the transfer window would be to recall Caroll

We can't recall Carroll (he's on a season long loan). Also, while Carroll is tidy with his passing, he's not anywhere near as assertive or driving as Mason and Bentaleb.

It's why I think we're so keen on getting this Rabiot in though.

We can't recall Carroll (he's on a season long loan). Also, while Carroll is tidy with his passing, he's not anywhere near as assertive or driving as Mason and Bentaleb.

It's why I think we're so keen on getting this Rabiot in though.

Rabiot would be nice if there is a chance of it becoming a permanent move. However I don't think we can expect a 19 year old with limited experience of first team football and no experience at all of English football to come in and perform immediately. That's why I think Delph IS a good option in the fact that he could come in and do a job in the centre of our midfield straight away.

Rabiot would be nice if there is a chance of it becoming a permanent move. However I don't think we can expect a 19 year old with limited experience of first team football and no experience at all of English football to come in and perform immediately. That's why I think Delph IS a good option in the fact that he could come in and do a job in the centre of our midfield straight away.
Both of them would be ideal if we ship out Capoue and Paulinho. Would be good cover for bentaleb and Mason while they are away.

Both of them would be ideal if we ship out Capoue and Paulinho. Would be good cover for bentaleb and Mason while they are away.

Agreed.... The problem is simply finding a big enough mug to take Capoue and Paulinho. Hmmmm - that gives me a thought!.... What's AVB doing these days?!?

Back