• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Is it wrong of me to say mason getting injured was a blessing in disguise? Dembele was immense! (Ps you were saying milo :) )

We looked better with Mason on. Losing him rocked us back a lot. Dembele did well, but he's a far inferior player to Mason.

Disagree Gutter boy and I'm a fan boy of Mason

Mason was great whilst he was on and when he went off we lost something whilst Dembele got up to speed... But Dembele was great once he got going and was the right sub too (I thought it would be Benji)

Both players contributed to a great result by playing really well

Paulinho however ......

We looked better with Mason on. Losing him rocked us back a lot. Dembele did well, but he's a far inferior player to Mason.

I agree. Mason and Bentaleb is a far better balanced CM partnership than Dembele and Bentaleb.....NB and MD are too similar in terms of where the play, though NB uses the ball and lot better and quicker

Dembele might have extended his future at Spurs though. Certainly Paulinho and Capoue will be out the door before him and potentially Stambouli too

I agree. Mason and Bentaleb is a far better balanced CM partnership than Dembele and Bentaleb.....NB and MD are too similar in terms of where the play, though NB uses the ball and lot better and quicker

Dembele might have extended his future at Spurs though. Certainly Paulinho and Capoue will be out the door before him and potentially Stambouli too

Not sure re Balance, I'm not a Dembele fan, but it seems to me

- Bentaleb is now the designated deep player
- Mason has started making more aggressive forward runs (the miss against Manure +the run he got injured on today)
- Looks like Poch is settling on Kane alone up front, supported by Chadli, Eriksen +Mason runs
- Dembele is a better version of himself more forward
- Dembele/Kane/Chadli adds a lot of physicality to the team

I suspect Bentaleb/Mason is still 1st choice, but Dembele definitely has started to push for a spot

Is it wrong of me to say mason getting injured was a blessing in disguise? Dembele was immense! (Ps you were saying milo :) )

If you have to ask you probably at least realize that the timing of it seems... unfortunate?

Honestly. We get it, you don't rate him. And apparently more than that you don't even see real talent or potential in him as you're so sure he won't even be a PL player. You've seen people be wrong about player after player, probably been wrong about a couple yourself. But on this one, you're right and the majority is wrong. Fine. Whatever. But do you have to go on and on about it? And to the point about being happy about a young and popular Spurs player being getting injured...

Not sure re Balance, I'm not a Dembele fan, but it seems to me

- Bentaleb is now the designated deep player
- Mason has started making more aggressive forward runs (the miss against Manure +the run he got injured on today)
- Looks like Poch is settling on Kane alone up front, supported by Chadli, Eriksen +Mason runs
- Dembele is a better version of himself more forward
- Dembele/Kane/Chadli adds a lot of physicality to the team

I suspect Bentaleb/Mason is still 1st choice, but Dembele definitely has started to push for a spot

Mason have been making those runs more or less all along. (Remember his chance vs City for example?)

I agree that it looks like Bentaleb and Mason are currently first choice. Poch reverts to that when possible and plays them even against the big teams.

If you have to ask you probably at least realize that the timing of it seems... unfortunate?

Honestly. We get it, you don't rate him. And apparently more than that you don't even see real talent or potential in him as you're so sure he won't even be a PL player. You've seen people be wrong about player after player, probably been wrong about a couple yourself. But on this one, you're right and the majority is wrong. Fine. Whatever. But do you have to go on and on about it? And to the point about being happy about a young and popular Spurs player being getting injured...

=D>

Bentaleb and Mason can both do the same. Both have got impressive interception stats this season and both can pass the ball around for fun.

Hope Mason's hamstring doesn't keep him out. For him it must be upsetting. People forget that he made his debut for us at 17. He has been a talent for many years, but injuries have held him back. Get well soon. Come back stronger. Prove Grimsby wrong!

Yeah, I hope he isn't out too long. He's gotten injured during the transfer season, and that's rarely a good thing when outbound and inbound transfers are widely expected. He's proved a lot of people wrong this season (I didn't even expect him to be in the squad come September 1st), and I hope he gets to keep doing it.

Disagree Gutter boy and I'm a fan boy of Mason

Mason was great whilst he was on and when he went off we lost something whilst Dembele got up to speed... But Dembele was great once he got going and was the right sub too (I thought it would be Benji)

Both players contributed to a great result by playing really well

Paulinho however ......

I agreed with all of this post until your last two words.... I am no fan of Paulinho but I thought he did pretty well in the 15 minutes that he was on for.

I agreed with all of this post until your last two words.... I am no fan of Paulinho but I thought he did pretty well in the 15 minutes that he was on for.

Puinbl almost got a red for a kick in Azpilecuatas head because he bottled battling for a header

He did whoever play a good one two for the 5th goal

I just think he offers nothing in afraid and he needs to move on for his own career

I think Stambouli is still well ahead of Dembele in the pecking order. I just think Poch thought Stambouli-Bentaleb might be too defensive for that early on in the game.

Puinbl almost got a red for a kick in Azpilecuatas head because he bottled battling for a header

He did whoever play a good one two for the 5th goal

I just think he offers nothing in afraid and he needs to move on for his own career

It was a high foot that took the ball, not a malicious kick. Never a red card.

From my seat in the East stand I thought Paulinho got about the pitch well, showed good movement to receive the ball, closed down their players and passed it well when he got it.

I think Stambouli is still well ahead of Dembele in the pecking order. I just think Poch thought Stambouli-Bentaleb might be too defensive for that early on in the game.

I'm not sure I agree with you here. I think Dembele has done well in his cameos recently, while Stambouli still looks not ready/not good enough.

I'm not sure I agree with you here. I think Dembele has done well in his cameos recently, while Stambouli still looks not ready/not good enough.

Dembele has done well as a defensive sub - coming on for the last 20 mins for one of our AMs to wind things down.

That's very different to starting in CM, where his suffocation of the ball is completely at odds with Poch's system

He was pretty poor at least for the first 5-10 gave loads of balls straight to Chelsea and bottled that high foot. Great play for Chadli's goal and gets in those advanced positions late, something no one other than Mason does.

I want him to come good, but other than the late runs he does not seem to offer much

Hopefully his injury is not serious. With Bentaleb off with Algeria we might be without our two first choice central midfielders and our two best passers for those positions if Mason's injury keeps him out for a while.

Back