• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rule changes in football

Also, first player to put his hands on the ball for a throw in has to take it.

I like the intent. A throw in is meant to be a simple way of restarting play, its not supposed to be a chance to set up a play like a corner or free-kick. now we have all this Delap nonsense.

You could make the nearest player takes it or a instigate a six second rule. We already have the latter for goalkeepers so perhaps use it for throw-ins.

Also, first player to put his hands on the ball for a throw in has to take it.

I like the intent. A throw in is meant to be a simple way of restarting play, its not supposed to be a chance to set up a play like a corner or free-kick. now we have all this Delap nonsense.

You could make the nearest player takes it or a instigate a six second rule. We already have the latter for goalkeepers so perhaps use it for throw-ins.

I think that is a good idea. The one for goalkeepers is rarely enforced but it does mean they don't take the tinkle time wasting.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has called for managers to be allowed to challenge refereeing decisions during matches.

Blatter told FIFA's Congress on Wednesday that managers could be given two challenges per match.

The 78-year-old’s proposal came as a surprise in light of his previously-stated support for match officials as well as his resistance to the use of technology.

Blatter previously back-tracked on his opposition to the use of goal-line technology following Frank Lampard’s disallowed goal for England against Germany at the 2010 World Cup.

But the Swiss told FIFA’s Congress: "I think it's good to put the game and the control of the game in question."

Speaking at a news conference after the Congress, Blatter revealed he devised the proposal after speaking to a number of key stakeholders in football.

"I spoke with former footballers and coaches and I think it is an idea and we have the possibility now with the new organisation of IFAB (International Football Association Board) where we will have a technical panel and a football panel and it will be a good discussion.

"When you are looking at so many matches on the TV, and we have 34 cameras here and it is so evident what has happened I think it is a good idea.

"If it is feasible we will see but when I have an idea I generally try to bring it."

Former Premier League referee Dermot Gallagher is astonished by Blatter’s proposals and believes the system would be open to abuse if implemented.

“It’s such a contradiction in view of what he has stood for, for so long it’s unbelievable,” Gallagher told Sky Sports News.

“He was so resistant to goal-line technology, because he said it was a one size fits all approach because you can’t have professional teams playing one way and other teams playing another.

“Everything was resisted including challenges to red cards and suddenly out of nowhere comes this idea which I don’t think many referees will be too keen on to be honest.

“Why he has come out with this I really don’t know because he’s also stood firm on not allowing people to challenge referees, not allowing the referee to be undermined on the pitch.

“Refereeing-wise it’s not an idea I would be happy with if I was still active. I can’t see senior referees in the Premier League wanting that. I can’t see the point in it, I can’t see what it will achieve, I can’t see it being for the betterment of the game.

“It’s something I’ve heard many times from different people at different times but for me it’s just a bizarre idea because it can be used as a tactic by managers to slow the game down, a chance for him to regroup his players and such like.

“I just think it will open a can of worms.”

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9345921/fifa-president-sepp-blatter-thinks-managers-should-be-allowed-to-challenge-decisions

Replay has worked amazingly well in American sports.

Some hiccups in time of review or technicalities in how the rule was written but those cases pale in comparison to correcting calls

Sent from my S4 using Fapatalk so if there is typos deal with it.

Replay has worked amazingly well in American sports.

Some hiccups in time of review or technicalities in how the rule was written but those cases pale in comparison to correcting calls

Sent from my S4 using Fapatalk so if there is typos deal with it.

US sports have multiple breaks in play, none of the US sports with possibly the exception of hockey are free flowing like football is.

Now that Blatter seems to be in favour of something that will work against corruption and cheating I can't see him getting elected for another term.

Now that Blatter seems to be in favour of something that will work against corruption and cheating I can't see him getting elected for another term.
i dont see him standing down, there's some more influential pockets he'd still like to pick

Yeah what was that all about, was clear as day what happened. I assume they saw the same pictures as we did? Pearce was getting close to Pleat standard of commentary last night, he was losing it

One thing that's annoyed me in this world cup, is all the players waving imaginary yellow cards in order to influence the ref to book other players. I thought that doing this was a yellow card offence in itself, but maybe I remember it incorrectly? Annoying as hell to see players doing that.

I'm loving that spray. No rolling the ball another meter forward or the wall slowly advancing when the ref isn't looking.

Now we need someone to invent a force field that makes it impossible for the keeper to go off his line on penalties until the ball has been kicked.

Yeah what was that all about, was clear as day what happened. I assume they saw the same pictures as we did? Pearce was getting close to Pleat standard of commentary last night, he was losing it
Apparently Pat Nevin on the radio couldn't get his head around it either, and Lineker seemed to completely distrust the technology afterwards. Football people aren't generally right bright though are they? ;)

One thing that's annoyed me in this world cup, is all the players waving imaginary yellow cards in order to influence the ref to book other players. I thought that doing this was a yellow card offence in itself, but maybe I remember it incorrectly? Annoying as hell to see players doing that.
Players and coaches. I thought that was a yellow, maybe they've changed the rule back. Should be though.

I'm loving that spray. No rolling the ball another meter forward or the wall slowly advancing when the ref isn't looking.
Agree, the spray is a great addition. We're getting that in the PL next year aren't we?

Now we need someone to invent a force field that makes it impossible for the keeper to go off his line on penalties until the ball has been kicked.

i did enjoy liechtensteiner getting the rage when Ecuador moved the ball back

I think you should be able to move the ball as long as it's not closer to the goal, the wall can take another step back if it wants

I don't, the wall is allowed to be 10 yards from the ball, if you move the ball back a yard the wall should be able to move forward a yard too in response. The Ecuadorian guy seemed to move it to the side rather than back, in fairness to him.

i get what you are saying, my feeling is that the fk has been awarded for a reason, therefore the attacking team should be able to squeeze every inch of advantage out of it as they can, be it taking it quickly or moving it back a yard to give the taker more chance of getting it up and down

i love the spray too. but i still think it should be enforced more heavily. players seem to think it is ok to stand on the line once it has been laid down. the ref should force them to get behind the line. if they don't, book them for time wasting.

Back