• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rule changes in football

Play two 40 minute halves, stadium clock stops every time the balls out of play. The final whistle blows on 80 minutes or at the 'natural' end of the next attack.

Definitely bring retrospective punishment for blatant diving, a 3 game ban I think.

Swearing at the ref, surrounding the ref and waving imaginary cards is an 8 minute sin bin.

Start giving penalties for shirt grabbing / wrestling in the box on corners / set pieces.

Winner of Europe gets champions league and winner of Fa Cup gets champions league and winner of league cup gets champions league as well as 1st & 2nd in the league

Agree with the first two for sure but you could have the whistle go when the clock goes red. In rugby the Laws are for the game to end with a stop in play, in football the rules are when time is up.

Definetely think that all (top) games should be reviewed by a panel in the 24 hours after the game and retrospective punishment issued but also ref mis-calls overturned there and then.

I'd like to see sin bins in for certain offences and like to see refs start penalising all the shirt tugging.

Only change to CL qualification I'd have is Europa League winners generally and FA Cup winners getting 4th spot unless you go the whole hog and say CL is just for Champions and 2,3, FA &CCC winners into Europa.

Think that magic spray stuff that disappears after 30 seconds should be used for ensuring walls keep their distance. Anyone found crossing the line in an attempt to close down the free kick takers attempt should be shot. Literally shot. In the leg or something. That'd stop the bastards doing it. No fudging about with this rule, it's pretty obvious whether you're over the line and if you are, you shall be shot.

I've always wanted to see a team simply have a player lie down right infront of the wall after the ref puts them in their place. We often have 3-4 players standing over the ball and 1-2 disrupting the wall, but the real issue is how difficult it is to put the ball over a wall that's sometimes as close as 8 yards away. This way, the wall simply can't get forward without obviously fouling the player that's in the way.

I've always wanted to see a team simply have a player lie down right infront of the wall after the ref puts them in their place. We often have 3-4 players standing over the ball and 1-2 disrupting the wall, but the real issue is how difficult it is to put the ball over a wall that's sometimes as close as 8 yards away. This way, the wall simply can't get forward without obviously fouling the player that's in the way.
Great minds...... I've always wanted to see someone lye down in front of the wall too. It wouldn't be obstruction because the walls not allowed to move forward.

I also think the players on the line at a corner should hang from the crossbar.

Nah. Referee's got a pistol. Plently of camera's around and people watching. If one steps over the line it's pretty obvious, and they know what the consequence will be.

Just with the addition of a single item on the pitch the whole problem is solved. Shoot the bastards.

Nah. Referee's got a pistol. Plently of camera's around and people watching. If one steps over the line it's pretty obvious, and they know what the consequence will be.

Just with the addition of a single item on the pitch the whole problem is solved. Shoot the bastards.

So what has been your beverage of choice this evening ;)

1) Ban divers
2) 10 yards rule similar to rugby whereby a ref can walk a free kcik 10 yards down the pitch if someone complains
3) Managers to have 1 TV challenge per match which can be used to challenge/appeal for a free kick, pen, red card, ball over line or other major decisions. If you give a manager 1 per game then they wont use it willy nilly (as happens in cricket where each team has 2 challenges) given that a manager wont want to be in a posiiton where they have a pen given against them in the last minute which blatantly wasnt a pen. I reckon it might be used perhaps 1 match in 4 or 5

Yeah, think there's a bit that can be learnt from rugby and cricket:

1) 10 yards punishment for arguing
2) You can only be offside but not interferring if you've got your hands on your head to demonstrate that you are out of play
3) Retrospective punishment for diving

I'd also like to see penalty shoot-outs become ice hockey style - i.e where the player has to dribble from the half way line.

Football rules need to change

Today Arsenal won their game because the referee decided not one but two handballs were unintentional. IMO at least one was intentional. I think any handball should be penalised by a free kick or penalty.
I also believe the 2 yellow card equals a red rule should be abolished.
A red card should be for a henious offence. Maybe a ref should be allowed to order a player be substituted and perhaps banned for future games but not reduce a team to ten men.

Re: Football rules need to change

Can't believe just watched Adam Smith get sent off for Millwall for a strong tackle. Totally ridiculous.

You want a greater explanation?

You can't give a free kick for every handball because some truly are unintentional. The only way people can get their arms out of the way sometimes would be to not have arms in the first place.

Two yellows should equal a red. It's a deterrent. You get your first yellow and then you have to be careful, it's a punishment in it's own right as it reduces how reckless the player who has been booked is.

A red card is fine. The issue with me explaining this one is that you've said a 'heinous offence'. What does that entail? Are Cynical Fouls (i.e the last man taking someone out) heinous? Tackles that endanger people are heinous yes, but other then those two there's not much else you'll get a straight red for. Other then kicking out after the fact.

The idea is you're not supposed to get red cards. It's supposed to deter you from extreme unsportsmanlike behaviour and dangerous play. Being removed from the pitch is the punishment there and then. If you were forced to make a sub and change the player, then what does the opposition gain? They are the ones that have lost out due to the 'unsportsmanlike behaviour' or been the victim of the 'dangerous play'.

I am all for amalgamating threads but FFS give a thread a break of a few hours. I was unaware of the original thread and I suspect that many will not bother to reply now.
There are 2 day old threads on the front page and debate here even bearing in mind the time of year needs encouraging not discouraging.

Like the idea of spraying the foam stripe on free kicks. Low tech, definitely works in MLS.

Also, first player to put his hands on the ball for a throw in has to take it. None of this time-wasting deferring the throw. And a brisk time limit to take it. Otherwise, free kick from throw in spot.

Like the idea of spraying the foam stripe on free kicks. Low tech, definitely works in MLS.

Also, first player to put his hands on the ball for a throw in has to take it. None of this time-wasting deferring the throw. And a brisk time limit to take it. Otherwise, free kick from throw in spot.

Never work, would just waste even more time. The players who aren't as good at taking throw ins just wouldn't pick the ball up to begin with and the chances of quick throws would drop through the floor.

Back