• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

rSol

Dude is delusional. 10 years captain? He only played 11 and from 2003/4 it was Terry/Ferdinand.

He debuted in '96, and he can't expect to be given the armband ahead of Shearer as a new player. Then in 2000 Beckham takes over, so he clearly thinks he should have got it over Beckham. Considering he was dropped 3 years later, I don't see how he has an argument to have been captain.

He embarrasses himself with these kind of comments.

I've just seen a clip of his interview. He's fairly level and then "and I had charisma ...."

Sol, trust me, you were many things. You were never charismatic.

Despite my own personal feelings towards Sol over what he did, I do think he would have made a better captain than Beckham. I doubt the decision to choose Beckham over him was based on race, but rather because Beckham was on his way to becoming a global brand, and Sol wasn't. The FA probably had a say in it, due to advertising rights etc.

If I had to pick between who to captain my team, it would have been Campbell every time.

Despite my own personal feelings towards Sol over what he did, I do think he would have made a better captain than Beckham. I doubt the decision to choose Beckham over him was based on race, but rather because Beckham was on his way to becoming a global brand, and Sol wasn't. The FA probably had a say in it, due to advertising rights etc.

If I had to pick between who to captain my team, it would have been Campbell every time.

uploadfromtaptalk1393852841146.jpg

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

Patrick Barclay in the Evening Standard

Bh0ltCeIYAAgxB1.jpg

I do think it's a real shame that Campbell's contribution to Tottenham is now all but forgotten by a lot of you Spurs fans. I'd go far as saying that, in my thirty years following the Spurs he would be ahead of Ledley King and Richard Gough as our top centre-back. In the pretty dismal last five years of the last century, when Klinsmann and Gascoigne had long since become a faded memory, Campbell was our defence. We were a mediocre side, but Campbell and Ginola alone made us a mid-table outfit, rather than relegation candidates. Let's not forget as well, Campbell captained us to our last but one trophy.

Hang on, what's that? Captained us? The racist "swinging from a tree" Tottenham crowd? Surely some mistake. But yeah, I was crushed when our captain turned us back on us to join our rivals. It's interesting to see how a captain; no the greatest captain England never had treats the fans he is expected to be a symbol for. Loyalty is clearly attribute England have missed out on.

And then he went to Arsenal, where he was captained by those famous white Irishmen Paddy Viera and Thierry O'Henry. Campbell of course left Arsenal because his fabulous leadership was overlooked. If he'd have stayed that racist Wenger was always going to look to white scotsman William McGallas as his next captain.

Campbell was a rock for us, but let's face it - big fish, small pond. He was a rock solid centre back, but he clearly didn't have enough respect from his fellow pros to be trusted at the top level. And why not, he was, and still is, clearly mentally unstable. Persistently playing the victim card now, no shame in trying to establish some sort of public presence. As a player he rarely faced Spurs again, "injured" for most of the games we played Arsenal or Pompey.

Thierry Henry never ran out of a Premier League stadium crying at half-time.
Patrick Vieira never ran out of a Premier League stadium crying at half-time.
William Gallas never ran out of a Premier League stadium crying at half-time.
David Beckham never ran out of a Premier League stadium crying at half-time.
Michael Owen never ran out of a Premier League stadium crying at half-time.
Steven Gerrard never ran out of a Premier League stadium crying at half-time.

Anyway, as I said to begin with: it's a shame that so many of you forgot who Sol Campbell was.
This might help jog your memory (unashamedly stolen from Twitter)

BhtgNIoIUAAhSGc.jpg:medium

Sol Campbell is the fella standing behind that black guy. The England captain, Paul Ince.

Who also, might I add, never ran out of a Premier League stadium crying at half-time.

I do think it's a real shame that Campbell's contribution to Tottenham is now all but forgotten by a lot of you Spurs fans. I'd go far as saying that, in my thirty years following the Spurs he would be ahead of Ledley King and Richard Gough as our top centre-back. In the pretty dismal last five years of the last century, when Klinsmann and Gascoigne had long since become a faded memory, Campbell was our defence. We were a mediocre side, but Campbell and Ginola alone made us a mid-table outfit, rather than relegation candidates. Let's not forget as well, Campbell captained us to our last but one trophy.

That's like saying: that girl you loved, that cheated on you, well we went out to some nice restaurants.. ahh I remember those nights out. She wasn't all bad.

She was, she cheated on you. The rest is overshadowed. I'd rather he was spoken about as 'former Arsenal player Sol Campbell goes mad' than 'former Spurs player Sol Campbell still breathing'. He was good for us in a poor team, then he lied to the club, to the fans, and did the dirty. And then he did the dirty on Arsenal. And Portsmouth. And Notts County of all teams. He's delusional, an attention seeker, and a fraud.

His racism claims undermine the true racial problems in society. It's good that more people have seen what he's really like in the last few days.

Danners, you are taking what I'm saying out of context, at least partly. And I am certainly not holding him up to being a Tottenham legend.

He was undoubtedly one of of best centre backs of the last 30 years but this is very much forgotten. Rightly or wrongly, and I'm not saying either way.

He is a grade A cnut, simple as that. I have no respect for him as a person, and think it's about time someone sued him for defammation, and unwarranted accusations of racism. Judas cnut.

He is a grade A cnut, simple as that. I have no respect for him as a person, and think it's about time someone sued him for defammation, and unwarranted accusations of racism. Judas cnut.

Problem is, who exactly can sue him? For this one, I think he avoided blaming the manager so it can't be Sven or Keegan for example. FA? His comments are too ambiguous. But would love it if they ostracised him, surely they can ban him from all football in this country.

I still maintain that the "hanging from a tree" chant was not homophobic or racist. Vile, nasty yes. But not the category Campbell made it out to be.

Problem is, who exactly can sue him? For this one, I think he avoided blaming the manager so it can't be Sven or Keegan for example. FA? His comments are too ambiguous. But would love it if they ostracised him, surely they can ban him from all football in this country.

I still maintain that the "hanging from a tree" chant was not homophobic or racist. Vile, nasty yes. But not the category Campbell made it out to be.

I can't see how the tree reference that people sang can be construed as anything other than racist. If someone sang that without the knowledge of what it refers to, then the plain ignorance of that person should be punishable.

I can't see how the tree reference that people sang can be construed as anything other than racist. If someone sang that without the knowledge of what it refers to, then the plain ignorance of that person should be punishable.

Judas Iscariot hung himself for the crimes he committed it has **** all to do with hanging people because they are black

Judas Iscariot hung himself for the crimes he committed it has **** all to do with hanging people because they are black

The point is there was PLENTY of material to work with...this song has dual meaning for many people. I am firmly on the side of finding it a step too far personally mate, and was not afraid to say so to people who sung it near me. I was always more into 'Judas' and throwing around the Campbell pound notes, booing him, 'traitor', all that...besides, the 'justification' I've seen offered for it before was that he was 'crazy' and it referred to him being a 'nutter' who was possibly 'suicidal'...******** IMO! Anyway, let's agree that he has unwisely chosen to deal the race card here when it had nothing to do with race. Sad thing is, it is a detriment for all who DO and HAVE suffered racism in football.

Back