• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

rSol

I've read this thread with interest…

Here are the words, one more time…

"Sol, Sol, wherever you may be
You're on the verge of lunacy
And we don't give a f*** if you're hanging from a tree
You Judas c*** with HIV."

If you're 'comfortable' singing that, well, we are different people...

it's - not long now till lunacy ;)

To see if my view of the world is odd I Googled hanging and found the top hits are a child that hanged himself in his bedroom presumably due to bullying, which seems to be a weekly occurrence in the UK sadly. Hanging of 5 homosexuals in Iran. Hanging of prisoners found guilty at Nuremberg trials. Various other references but nothing about racism.

Looking at the wiki I found this rather gruesome and interesting snippet about being hung upside down between 2 dogs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanging#Inverted_hanging.2C_the_.22Jewish.22_punishment

I'm glad I didn't live in those days, check this out: the appeal to the empress was successful, and out of mercy, the Jew was condemned to be merely pinched with glowing pincers, have hot lead dripped into his wounds, and then be broken alive on the wheel.

Ah yes, Google...the truth of our society. Can't wait until we all get free Google glasses and can rely on them to tell us whassup in the world 24-7 (hope I'll be able to sleep in mine, could make sure even my dreams are aided)...good luck matey-boy! :lol:

Good news (for some) - the BBC are giving this lacklustre loony's book air time on Breakfast at 08:35.

Bet he gets an easy ride

Sol Sol wherever you may be
The way you left was quite silly
And we don't really care if you make a pot of tea
You former English international who should have been captain but the FA refused on race grounds, allegedly.

That last line needs some work.

I've read this thread with interest…

Here are the words, one more time…

"Sol, Sol, wherever you may be
You're on the verge of lunacy
And we don't give a f*** if you're hanging from a tree
You Judas c*** with HIV."

If you're 'comfortable' singing that, well, we are different people...

I agree, It's not a song I sing, I wouldn't wish HIV , suicide or mental problems on anyone, but I do take exception to the idea that there is any racial undertone in that song, It's
such a stupid song any kind of hidden meaning is ridiculous, certain people decided that the hanging from a tree was a reference to lynchings, and I just don't think that was ever the case.
he's still a top tier ****.

I agree, It's not a song I sing, I wouldn't wish HIV , suicide or mental problems on anyone, but I do take exception to the idea that there is any racial undertone in that song, It's
such a stupid song any kind of hidden meaning is ridiculous, certain people decided that the hanging from a tree was a reference to lynchings, and I just don't think that was ever the case.
he's still a top tier ****.

Yep, there's no way that this song was thought through to the point that "hanging from a tree" was motivated by racism or lynchings. I don't really buy the Judas thing either but it's more plausible. "Hanging from a tree" rhymes and songs are supposed to rhyme. It's that simple.

This was just rSol and the press trying to make it seem as bad as possible and to demonise the people singing the song as much as possible. Absolutely pathetic. The song is bad enough that they don't need to be making stuff up about it.

Sol is a f**king piece of garbage.

The hanging from a tree reference was always to do with him allegedly feeling suicidal in that period when he walked out of Highbury and needed counselling or at least that is how I understood it.

Without wanting to go into full tin-foil hat mode, but we seem to be a soft/easy target with the media when it comes to issues like this. The rSol chant saga, use of the Y word, that time at the beginning of AVB's reign when the press were all over our 'lack of unity' and the manager losing the dressing room etc (we proceeded to beat Man U for the first time since the sinking of the Titanic at OT).

Yep, there's no way that this song was thought through to the point that "hanging from a tree" was motivated by racism or lynchings. I don't really buy the Judas thing either but it's more plausible. "Hanging from a tree" rhymes and songs are supposed to rhyme. It's that simple.

This was just rSol and the press trying to make it seem as bad as possible and to demonise the people singing the song as much as possible. Absolutely pathetic. The song is bad enough that they don't need to be making stuff up about it.

Sol is a f**king piece of garbage.

I think that it is impossible to say what was in the mind of the person who came up with the words or everyone who has ever sung it but a song which features a line about lynching/hanging aimed at a black man is always going to have connotations whether they are intended or not.

You dont say ****tard

10003041_10153906017675475_693793477_n.jpg

Anyone read the Evening Standard today, moaning on about how Gary Neville got a coaching job with England ahead of him. The victim thing with him is sad, bit like with gazza and the drink.

Anyone read the Evening Standard today, moaning on about how Gary Neville got a coaching job with England ahead of him. The victim thing with him is sad, bit like with gazza and the drink.

Absolutely. He has a potato field on his shoulder. Why I do not know…although I wonder if deep deep down he realizes that what he did was morally unsound?

He can't really deny he's a lying Judas, can he? Or claim to not understand? I think the suicide and hiv references are over the top, but what he did to the club can never be forgiven. It's got nothing to do with his skin colour either. He does sound quite loony from some of the things he says though.

Back