• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ross Barkley

Jamie Weir brings us up to date with the latest Spurs transfer news, and it looks like they will try and sign Ross Barkley before the window slams shut tonight.

“I’ve just heard from a very reliable source that Tottenham are still in contact with Everton’s Ross Barkley and they may be about to make a bid and, indeed, may even have already made a bid. If they manage to snatch two players from under Chelsea’s noses, then Spurs fans will be delighted.”

Please let them have him.

I still think there is potentially a top player in there, and that specifically Pochettino is exactly the sort of manager he needs to become that (if he ever will).

Given that we are unlikely to ever really lose money on him I think he is well worth a shot.

6' 2" apparently.

RossB.jpg
He is deceptively tall.

Aurier, Wanyama, Llorente, Dembele, Toby, Sissoko.....I think Levy is taking this NFL thing a bit far.

He is deceptively tall.

Aurier, Wanyama, Llorente, Dembele, Toby, Sissoko.....I think Levy is taking this NFL thing a bit far.

I wouldn't have said so. His physicality is his biggest asset. He can bully his way through players the way Dembele and Gazza do/did

25-30Mil for Barkley is a no brainer - Townsend being talked about as a 27Mil player at the moment
Also think he is suffering from Everton seemingly slagging him off, which seems to have started when he didnt want to stay.

Poch could really turn him into a very good player

The final piece of the puzzle with Llorente? Would like him here.

Everton playing hard ball wanting 40m, Levy offering half that? Sound about right?

Im not sure what Everton are doing. Except maybe trying to incite a bidding war?

They hold no aces in this deal, so it makes little sense to me they act as they do.

The player is injured, alienated by the manager, has refused a contract and now has only 1 season on his contract and has already been replaced at great expense. This is literally the last chance they have to make ANY money on him.

£20m is probably a fair price. Up to £30m as has been reported is excellent business for them - especially as he is an academy product - the books will show that all as profit.

So is this just like WBA/Berahino where their chairman just wanted to swing his dingdong around and look like a proper big club (but fail)?

I think that Levy is closer to his true valuation for an injured player, with a year left on his contract, who has fallen out with his club.

And there lies the problem. I agree from our/Levy's perspective around £20m is about right. If Everton don't sell now, he walks for nothing from January.

On the flip side, from their perspective, Sigurðsson is worth almost 50m, Ox Chamberlain almost 40m with just a year left, so Barkley a 23 year old goal scoring England international should get at least 30m. With the injury, 25m might do it.

And there lies the problem. I agree from our/Levy's perspective around £20m is about right. If Everton don't sell now, he walks for nothing from January.

On the flip side, from their perspective, Sigurðsson is worth almost 50m, Ox Chamberlain almost 40m with just a year left, so Barkley a 23 year old goal scoring England international should get at least 30m. With the injury, 25m might do it.

Can only go for free in Jan to overseas clubs though right?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I believe so, pre contract with non UK sides can be signed in Jan.

And blatantly would have a UK move tied up by then as well, though officially not allowed to discuss until the summer I believe.

Back