• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

He's the player i look forward to watching most now. Shades of Modric - a little wizard in the making. Same humble but effective displosition. Tries to commit the tracking player before he plays the pass. When he does its in with the right pace and direction the receiving player knows what to do with it.

Last edited:
He's the player i look forward to watching most now. Shades of Modric - a little wizard in the making. Same humble but effective displosition. Tries to commit the tracking player before he plays the pass. When he does its in with the right pace and direction the receiving player knows what to do with it.
His passing is so soft yet crisp. Rarely does the receiver have to make any adjustments to take the ball. It usually just rolls into their stride. We haven't had that in the centre of midfield since Modric left.

Yet he's not a luxury, he puts in the work as well. We've been crying for just even a little bit of quality in midfield for years ago but finally we have some.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Maybe it is just me, but there is something about the way Bentancur plays football that reminds me of Berbatov

Often great first touch and capable of real quality on the ball, not quite Berba, but still. Calm, composed. Quite slim, but still very strong. Makes things look easy. Yeah, I can see it. Good shout.

His passing is so soft yet crisp. Rarely does the receiver have to make any adjustments to take the ball. It usually just rolls into their stride. We haven't had that in the centre of midfield since Modric left.

Yet he's not a luxury, he puts in the work as well. We've been crying for just even a little bit of quality in midfield for years ago but finally we have some.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Often gets overlooked how important it is that passes are not just completed, but played with the right timing, weight and accuracy so that the receiver can more easily do useful things. Particularly deeper it's overlooked, in the telling moments in the final third it obviously and rightly gets a lot of attention.

Bentancur is very good at that. I think our other midfielders can be quite good at it to, but less consistently so compared to Bentancur, and definitely less when under real pressure.

Two footed and good range of passing to.

Modric is a high bar, arguably one of the highest bars. I can see why he's brought up, but obviously with the caveat of not being quite at that level. But he offers a lot defensively too.

Fantastic signing for me.

Think he's a very silky player. Thought he dropped into the defence well last night to pick the ball up but also then did a lot more with the ball than previous games.

Excellent signing. Bentancur and Skipp would be my first choice CM for this season, but do still need to strengthen CM in the summer given they can't play all the time

Maybe it is just me, but there is something about the way Bentancur plays football that reminds me of Berbatov

100% I was scratching around last night trying to work out who he reminded me of and then he did I think a drag back or something and it was Berba.
He has quite a laconic laid back style, love it!!

Modric is a high bar, arguably one of the highest bars. I can see why he's brought up, but obviously with the caveat of not being quite at that level. But he offers a lot defensively too.
I'd argue that former FIFA World Men's Footballer of the Year Luka Modric is, technically speaking, the highest bar.

But seriously, any CM being seriously compared to that little wizard has to be a very good thing.

There was a moment last night when he chested it down in our box and it felt like he just glided to the halfway line in the blink of an eye.
I’ve really liked the look of him from the off.

Back