• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Yep, holding the ball up and bringing others into play is clearly one of his plus points.
I just wish after his good game and goal vs Everton last November that he then got a run in the side in that formation where Eriksen, Kane and Lennon were pressing and working very hard behind him (plus being very dangerous on the break).

I haven't given up hope, personally. Certainly is better for the team/club than say Ade, that's for sure.

Yep, holding the ball up and bringing others into play * is clearly one of his plus points.
I just wish after his good game and goal vs Everton last November that he then got a run in the side in that formation where Eriksen, Kane and Lennon were pressing and working very hard behind him (plus being very dangerous on the break).

I haven't given up hope, personally. Certainly is better for the team/club than say Ade, that's for sure.

* indeed, he's brilliant at passing to the opposition.

Have you watched Soldado play for Spurs? Rip the tinkle out of his finishing by all means, but his play in holding up and bringing others into play has actually been pretty good.
The Soldadud I refer to is the one I watch week in week out who time after time infuriatingly squanders possession with his supposedly clever but predictably over-ambitious flicks and tricks.

Lots of media talk that he has asked to leave .. with a few Spanish clubs asking ...

no issue with him going, but we need a replacement

If he has asked to go, it would suggest he knows there have been some solid offers and he wants to club to accept them.

I have to say i'm sad at how it has gone with Soldado. Can't fault his effort but we seem to be jinxed when it comes to strikers we pay our top dollar for... :(

Kane, Llorente and Chadli as the options?? Personally I don't think Chadli looks decent up there, so perhaps someone who can play both on the right wing (where we are poor) and up top as well.

You cant fault his application, but the fact is he is not suited to the premier league. Clever defenders force him out wide or are able to ease him off the ball with a little nugde. The fact is he is one of the most ineffectual strikers we have had for a long time. I just dont get what anyone gets excited about watching him play. Its hard to recall any really great moments he has provided. Ok he has had a couple of assists but some of his decision making has been truly laughable. Some of the chances he has missed make you cringe, capped off by the one against Fiorentina. I think his head has gone and it would best for him and Spurs if he goes back to Spain if any team would take him. If we cant sell him I truly hope he has a great season for us and proves me wrong, but I doubt it. Just not cut out for this league!

You cant fault his application, but the fact is he is not suited to the premier league. Clever defenders force him out wide or are able to ease him off the ball with a little nugde. The fact is he is one of the most ineffectual strikers we have had for a long time. I just dont get what anyone gets excited about watching him play. Its hard to recall any really great moments he has provided. Ok he has had a couple of assists but some of his decision making has been truly laughable. Some of the chances he has missed make you cringe, capped off by the one against Fiorentina. I think his head has gone and it would best for him and Spurs if he goes back to Spain if any team would take him. If we cant sell him I truly hope he has a great season for us and proves me wrong, but I doubt it. Just not cut out for this league!

His positioning (when he's isn't being a broken man) is actually fudging brilliant, that's why he gets to make those horrible misses.

He is some combination of not suited for the league, we are set up to give him service, his confidence is completely fudged, all of the above.

I highly suspect he will be off to Spain and probably be a pretty good deal for a Spanish side ..

it is truly frightening to see so many soldado apologists here who think he still could turn it around, his hold up and support play is better than his finishing obviously but he's regressed so much I fear he'll be a nominal sale only, such a colossal waste of money

I am not going to defend him here and for his own sake I think he would be best going back to Spain. However one thing he does have is great movement off her ball, but I suppose most do not see that on a TV screen.

it is truly frightening to see so many soldado apologists here who think he still could turn it around, his hold up and support play is better than his finishing obviously but he's regressed so much I fear he'll be a nominal sale only, such a colossal waste of money

apologist
əˈpɒlədʒɪst/
noun
  1. a person who offers an argument in defence of something controversial
I don't think that anyone is doing this. There is just a difference of opinion.

The Mirror still bleating on like we paid £26m for him, stating that Sevilla want him for £15m* and we'll lose £11m...

*That is if they pay the full £15m up front or if there are conditions ;)

Last edited:
Back