• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

I think it is a bit naive to suggest that because a player is so professional and classy that he does not whinge to the press or use his agent as a public mouth piece that he is actually happy being a backup to Kane. Especially when you consider he has been the focal point in every team he has played for prior to him coming to Spurs.

Besides no right thinking Spurs fan should be happy with him being the backup when he has proved to be an unmitigated failure in this league. If Kane were out for 4 weeks, so far all Soldado has proved is that he runs about and works hard but is simply ineffective on front of goal

well i havent seen or read anything negative in the media coming from the Soldado camp. If he did whinge and complain we would have heard about it. I think he is unhappy that he hasnt transferred his goalscoring feats from Spain to England, of course as a goalscorer he wants people to talk about his goals and not other aspects of his game.

Spurs fans know that we need another striker to partner/support/backup Kane. Soldado will be 3rd choice and then we will see if he decides he would rather move on. We need to bring in Berahino but im not sure the club want to pay much for him.

well i havent seen or read anything negative in the media coming from the Soldado camp. If he did whinge and complain we would have heard about it.

My point is that you have not seen or read anything from the Soldado camp because he is a professional and classy player. That does not mean as you insinuated in your earlier post that he is satisfied in being backup to Kane.

Besides, even if he were, he has proved that he is unreliable when it comes to scoring goals

Wonders if a meeting with a Spanish clubs reps is on the cards....after all who goes on 'Holiday' two weeks before the start of a new season...

Who do we need then? We need a tricky forward who can make things happen on his own and knows where the net is.

Chelsea have Hazard - May not be an out and out striker but still a forward

Arsenal have Sanchez - Same as above

City have Aguero - he is a striker but very similar to the others above as he is tricky and can run at players.

United now have Depay - Similar to Berahino IMO.

Ok Berahino is no where near the same standard as the above but he plays the same sort of way and who else like that can we get? When was the last time we had a tricky forward who can turn players Inside out? Keane maybe in a way?

Who says we need a tricky forward?? Only you from what I can see. We need a striker who knows where the goal is and I don't think SB is the best option.

I thought he lived on Ibiza? He tweeted something a month ago like "finally back home in Ibiza after a long season"

Yeah, but he arrived to the club on the same type of flight so...

arrived with Ryanair, leaves with Easyjet

8600786_400x400.jpg

Back