• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Official - Soldado

I think it's appropriate to wish misfortune on a person one thinks is a ****. I also didn't want Timmeh to fail, just to **** off, that's a very different scenario.

Elaborate on 'misfortune' and 'fail'. Seems to me there'd be some overlap? Are you saying you wanted the manager (and thus the team, because they are surely entwined to some extent) to be a huge success on the field...but that you wanted him to suffer misfortune off it? Misfortune to him how? Fall down the stairs? Players to get injured in training? When we won, were you torn? When we lost, did you have any glee? (I have no idea what that must feel like, and I hope I never find out.) If you wanted him to f-off, there would be more chance of that if he fails (which you allege you didn't want). As for Sherwood and Soldo, if Soldo had scored 30 goals this season there would have been universal glee. How would you have felt if we finished 4th? Full of glee, yet claim it had nothing to do with Sherwood?

Last edited:

I was gutted when we missed out on Benteke, but his second season form for Villa was definitely off the boil compared to his first. Villa would have been a good signing for us if we could have mitigated his wages by offloading Ade, but that wasn't to be. As it stood, on paper Soldado seemed a good fit for us, especially if we had played him with Defoe's pace and Soldado's touch/passes/finish. I still think he'll come good next season - the only 2013 signings who I think we should consider binning are Capoue and Chadli, both of whom cost relatively little and can still probably command 75%+ sell-on fees.

Missing out on Benteke was devastating to us, he would have fit so much better than Soldado. also, I don't get this sentiment that Benteke was bad this season. He was unlucky with injuries but he still scored 10 goals from 24 starts. That is a very good return considering he had nagging injuries and played in a shower of ****e side

People have gone on about his link up play this season but I don't think it has been much to write home about. He has flashes of brilliance but he doesn't get involved enough to be a really effective link man. Dunno if that is fitness or lack of confidence.

People have gone on about his link up play this season but I don't think it has been much to write home about. He has flashes of brilliance but he doesn't get involved enough to be a really effective link man. Dunno if that is fitness or lack of confidence.

Agreed I wasn't blown away with his link up play either. He did have a good spell under Sherwood where he did contribute with some assists and link up, however he had longer spells in the first half of the season where he contributed **** all!

If he were younger I would say let's be patient and see what he brings this season but due to his age and what we paid for him I think we are better selling him for whatever we can get this summer before his value drops even more. Even if he did have a decent season next season we aren't going to get anywhere near what we paid for him best to just cut our losses.

Elaborate on 'misfortune' and 'fail'. Seems to me there'd be some overlap? Are you saying you wanted the manager (and thus the team, because they are surely entwined to some extent) to be a huge success on the field...but that you wanted him to suffer misfortune off it? Misfortune to him how? Fall down the stairs? Players to get injured in training? When we won, were you torn? When we lost, did you have any glee? (I have no idea what that must feel like, and I hope I never find out.) If you wanted him to f-off, there would be more chance of that if he fails (which you allege you didn't want). As for Sherwood and Soldo, if Soldo had scored 30 goals this season there would have been universal glee. How would you have felt if we finished 4th? Full of glee, yet claim it had nothing to do with Sherwood?

If you want me to be precise, I would have like Spurs to have won every match this season followed by Levy getting rid of Timmeh by buggering him with a hot pineapple (skin still on). Accurate enough?

I'll let the new manager decide whether he wants Spurs to play to Soldado's strengths - because if we do, he will score a lot of goals next season. That's what I think, anyway.

He will have pressure on him to deliver though, because this season was a disappointment in terms of finishing. He should have had plenty more goals to his name from the big chances he's missed.

I hear a lot here say he is not suited to this league.

Why do people say this exactly? Whilst he's not a Lukaku-type bruiser who we can 'knock it up to' to relieve pressure, he's also not a shrinking violet and can more than hold his own physically. He's got good touch, technique and vision as well.

If people said he's not good enough because of his finishing (and forgetting about previous season of course) I could sort of understand that. But why do people say he is 'not suited to this league'? I just don't get that at all

I'll let the new manager decide whether he wants Spurs to play to Soldado's strengths - because if we do, he will score a lot of goals next season. That's what I think, anyway.

He will have pressure on him to deliver though, because this season was a disappointment in terms of finishing. He should have had plenty more goals to his name from the big chances he's missed.

i'm with you on soldado; all depends on the manager.

Why do people say this exactly? Whilst he's not a Lukaku-type bruiser who we can 'knock it up to' to relieve pressure, he's also not a shrinking violet and can more than hold his own physically. He's got good touch, technique and vision as well.

If people said he's not good enough because of his finishing (and forgetting about previous season of course) I could sort of understand that. But why do people say he is 'not suited to this league'? I just don't get that at all

Well, I would think its because some feel, regardless of systems or managers, he should still have produced more? Otherwise, with a new system and manager coming in this year. he will be under a lot of pressure now, right? Maybe he would have been anyway, but if he doesn't cough up this season...then yes, I'd say its a fair question to ponder whether he is suited to PL. At some point he, and whoever brought him in, is accountable...especially at his price tag.

Last edited:

Mentioned it on here before; in my opinion - he would thrive at the goons. Would those who do not want him; would you be happy if he was sold to them?

What are his strengths? I've watched him all season and what I see are deficiencies rather than strengths. I won't be bothered if he's already played his last game for us.

What are his strengths? I've watched him all season and what I see are deficiencies rather than strengths. I won't be bothered if he's already played his last game for us.

He already reminds me of a Fernando Torres where you know that deep down he could be world class but the new move and lack of goals has gone on for so long that there's almost no hope of it ever changing again.

He already reminds me of a Fernando Torres where you know that deep down he could be world class but the new move and lack of goals has gone on for so long that there's almost no hope of it ever changing again.

That's a rather pessimistic view on things. Torres has had many seasons of relative failure in comparison to just this one for Soldado. On top of that there have been some mitigating circumstances in terms of how he has been utilised under both our previous managers. Way to early to write him off yet.

Back