• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Official - Soldado

We know he can score goals, his record prior to his stint at Spurs suggests that. I would have been more concerned had his movement been ****e, his touch been abysmal and he just didnt fit. But thats not the case.

Thank GHod I have been trying to make that point as well.

I doubt it 13m and then 13m based on targets like goals scored. More likely it was a down payment of 13m and then a further fee this summer as you rightly say.

More likely a combination of the two. Some further fee, some target related payments.

Impossible to know for sure though.

Yep, it's certainly hard to know, but this is from a feature interview in the Telegraph, so you'd like to think they've been given some info to back up the piece:

"Even Soldado’s fee – at £26 million – is not as high as it appears, breaking down into £13 million plus a further £13 million if targets and incentives are met."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...Roberto-Soldado-vows-to-repay-fans-faith.html

Either way, it's tough to bash him for his price tag, whatever it is. I really feel there's a player there.

Also, his penalty record is being somewhat washed over - he scored them all which isn't something we've since Berba, and certainly wasn't the case with JD and Keane. And they were pressure pens, bearing in mind his lack of goals from open play.

I'd love to see him given a chance in settled club, that's all.

A radio station in Spain is saying he has started renovation on his house in Madrid. They think a deal with Athletico is agreed. Picked it up from @spurspanyol twitter account about noon today.

Personally I don't want him to leave. As someone ketone earlier he has got in to great position but finishing the issue and he was good at this in the past. So it's a confidence issue. I think he can come good.

Would be very surprised if Atletico bought him, wouldn't really match with what they've done in the past.

Torres -> Aguero -> Falcao -> Costa -> ... Soldado? Nah.

What's the common denominator for all those before Soldado? All very good strikers?

How similar are Costa and Aguero for example? Not very I would say...

Edit: Also Torres? Isn't the entire point behind Mourinho wanting Costa that he is a striker that fits his system whereas Torres isn't?

A radio station in Spain is saying he has started renovation on his house in Madrid. They think a deal with Athletico is agreed. Picked it up from @spurspanyol twitter account about noon today.

Personally I don't want him to leave. As someone ketone earlier he has got in to great position but finishing the issue and he was good at this in the past. So it's a confidence issue. I think he can come good.

Honestly I'm not sure I care either way. I agree that he could come good, but I think that will also be true about any £20m-ish striker that we can sign to replace him if we sell him...

I'd only want us to sell him if we received something close to what we paid for him. Otherwise I'm not sure its worth our whole to sell tbh.

What's the common denominator for all those before Soldado? All very good strikers?

How similar are Costa and Aguero for example? Not very I would say...

Edit: Also Torres? Isn't the entire point behind Mourinho wanting Costa that he is a striker that fits his system whereas Torres isn't?

They replace one striker with another who is young enough to then be sold on for profit. I don't see how buying 29yr old Soldado fits into their obviously successful history of replacing big money strikers.

I'd only want us to sell him if we received something close to what we paid for him. Otherwise I'm not sure its worth our whole to sell tbh.

I would take 13m for him personally. Sometimes you win some and sometimes you lose some and on this occasion we/Levy lost.

It was blindingly obvious he wasn't going to fit the team we had, made it even stranger given AVB was buying power players - was amazed when we passed on Benteke. Would be pretty typical to sell him and then we flood the side with the likes of Eriksen, Lamela, Holtby etc.

They replace one striker with another who is young enough to then be sold on for profit. I don't see how buying 29yr old Soldado fits into their obviously successful history of replacing big money strikers.

Has that been a preferred strategy or just what they've done out of necessity. They're in a somewhat different situation now where I think at least most of the Costa money should they sell him will come to them and they will be able to spend a bit for a change.

Also remember that Falcao was primarily owned by a third party and that the profit for Atletico was reportedly small. And Costa wasn't signed as a replacement, he's been there a while.

Apparently knocked somebody out in the stands with a volley during the open training session today hahahah

So has none of our English players (made the England squad), and I'd say England's a lot easier squad to qualify for than spain

I don't really get your point but you do realise Townsend and Walker would have made it had they not been injured?

Is your dislike for Soldado just on his form for us or do you generally not like him?

Edit - That is for KD

I don't really get your point but you do realise Townsend and Walker would have made it had they not been injured?

So you say, Walker probably, but Townsend on his 2nd half of season form would/should not have made it.

Spurs form has not helped any of our international players, and Spain is probably one of the top 2 most difficult international teams to get into.

Is your dislike for Soldado just on his form for us or do you generally not like him?

Edit - That is for KD

I don't like him. I said countless times before we signed him that it would be a BIG MISTAKE signing him and we would regret it......fast forward a season and we'll probably ship him for less than half what we paid.

I don't like him. I said countless times before we signed him that it would be a BIG MISTAKE signing him and we would regret it......fast forward a season and we'll probably ship him for less than half what we paid.

To be honest I like the guy as in personally. As a player his positional play has been good but he has been woeful in front of goal. Maybe the new coach can get more out of him.

So you say, Walker probably, but Townsend on his 2nd half of season form would/should not have made it.

Spurs form has not helped any of our international players, and Spain is probably one of the top 2 most difficult international teams to get into.

Townsend would have 100% made it imo and it was clear Hodgson was/is a big fan.

No not spurs form...don't group all the players together. Eriksen performed, Walker performed, Townsend performed earlier in the season, Ade performed. 26m for 2 open play goals in a season :ross: for a striker :ross:

Back