• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

My initial statement may have been more final than what i meant - yes last seasons form will be considered - you use everything available to you, it's just players won't be written off on the back of it - form is temporary class is permanent and all that. and in the bigger picture, last seasons form will be a small factor.

And so what if we go even further back then...how much credence do you lend to Soldo's goals/performances at Valencia then? (Which, as you know, gets cited regularly in here). With a different team/manager/players...and in a different league/division/country no less, etc, a case could be made that - as you put it - they were 'different circumstances'...and as such they, at best, are a 'small factor' right now?

Last edited:
And so what if we go even further back then...how much credence do you lend to Soldo's goals/performances at Valencia then? (Which, as you know, gets cited regularly in here). With a different team/manager/players...and in a different league/division/country no less, etc, a case could be made that - as you put it - they were 'different circumstances'...and as such they, at best, are a 'small factor' right now?

agreed with this. People keep bringing up Soldado at Valencia it has little to no bearing on our current circumstance. It is a different league, with a different club and different system/personel. Not to mention he's now on the wrong side of 30. If you didn't know of his previous goal scoring record and name he would have been flogged off long ago by every Spurs supporter because he has looked average to **** during his time with us.

The thing he is going for him is that Ade has been very meh this season. For me Kane is/should be ahead of him in the pecking order based on performances on the pitch. I do think he will have his chances this season based on the lack of options we have up top but I do not expect to see a miraculous transformation because quite frankly he has showed us nothing to believe that he is capable of that.

**I hope this post ends up being completely wrong and he starts banging them in but just being realistic here

You're talking about a whole careers worth of information V one seasons worth.

What i take from it is that he has been a consistent goal scorer over several seasons, playing alongside different players and under different managers - im not pulling one season out of the hat and basing an opinion on it - im looking at the whole picture.

Im not even saying he will do well, im just saying he should get the opportunity in the current team before we all write him off. How many of you would have sold Chadli in the summer? More than would admit it i bet now he's grabbed a few goals and looks a different player under the new manager. Danny Rose has arguably been our best player this season and who would have predicted that? Why are you so against Soldado being given a chance? It defies logic to deny him an opportunity when our current first team forward is going through a poor run of form.

You're talking about a whole careers worth of information V one seasons worth.

What i take from it is that he has been a consistent goal scorer over several seasons, player alongside different players and under different managers - im not pulling one season out of the hat and basing an opinion on that - im looking at the whole picture.

Im not even saying he will do well, im just saying he should get the opportunity to played in the current team before we all write him off. How many of you would have sold Chadli in the summer? More than would admit it i bet now he's grabbed a few goals and looks a different player under the new manager. Danny Rose has arguably been our best player this season and who would have predicted that? Why are you so against Soldado being given a chance? It's defies logic afaic

Very much with you - Just want to see Soldado gvien a run of games in the league now he has passed the bedding in period. If during this period his performances havent improved from last season then by all means its best we part ways with him. But with Ade not firing and Kane in my opinion not best as a number 9 striker would just like to see how he fares for a few league games, no excuses for him now...

Very much with you - Just want to see Soldado gvien a run of games in the league now he has passed the bedding in period. If during this period his performances havent improved from last season then by all means its best we part ways with him. But with Ade not firing and Kane in my opinion not best as a number 9 striker would just like to see how he fares for a few league games, no excuses for him now...

No issue with moving him on if he doesn't cut the mustard this season, in fact it'd probably take something really special in order for him to stay by the looks of it. I just want to see the team score goals and win matches - if that's with Adebayor then great, if it's with Soldado or Kane that'd be great as well.

No issue with moving him on if he doesn't cut the mustard this season, in fact it'd probably take something really special in order for him to stay by the looks of it. I just want to see the team score goals and win matches - if that's with Adebayor then great, if it's with Soldado or Kane that'd be great as well.

What sort of attitude is that? You're supposed to take every opportunity to **** the player off in any thread he's mentioned and mark him down at least 2 points lower than the rest of the team in the ratings thread, you've been around here long enough to know that!

Why are you so against Soldado being given a chance? It's defies logic to deny him an opportunity when our current first team forward is going through a poor run of form.

I'm not against it, and never said I was. If Poch makes a change and thinks Soldo gives us the best chance of winning then I'd I'd be ok with giving him a run, and I wouldn't be shocked if Soldo did well. So in that sense, I think we agree. However...

Are you saying you think Poch defies logic? Or that people in here do, but not Poch? As you know, there hasn't been all that much criticism of Poch surrounding this, despite all the volumes written about the two players. So its kinda like the 300lb gorilla sitting in the living room.

If Ade is really as bad as some are saying, and the worse they make him out to be, then why is Poch - a manager who the same people hold in very high esteem in here - picking him then? Quite simply, there has to be a lot more to it than '1 goal in 6' or 'giving someone a chance and nothing to lose'. I'd be interested in knowing your reasons for his selection, and if/where you feel others are wrong in their speculation of same.

Again, its Poch that makes the decision for his reasons...some of which I'd venture to say we, apparently, don't fully understand...yet its some posters who are in the crosshairs and catching the flak for trying to explain or explore his reasons.

Last edited:
I'm not against it, and never said I was. If Poch makes a change and thinks Soldo gives us the best chance of winning then I'd I'd be ok with giving him a run, and I wouldn't be shocked if Soldo did well. So in that sense, I think we agree. However...

Are you saying you think Poch defies logic? Or that people in here do, but not Poch? As you know, there hasn't been all that much criticism of Poch surrounding this, despite all the volumes written about the two players. So its kinda like the 300lb gorilla sitting in the living room.

If Ade is really as bad as some are saying, and the worse they make him out to be, then why is Poch - a manager who the same people hold in very high esteem in here - picking him then? Quite simply, there has to be a lot more to it than '1 goal in 6' or 'giving someone a chance and nothing to lose'. I'd be interested in knowing your reasons for his selection, and if/where you feel others are wrong in their speculation of same.

Again, its Poch that makes the decision for his reasons...some of which I'd venture to say we, apparently, don't fully understand...yet its some posters who are in the crosshairs and catching the flak for trying to explain or explore his reasons.

Because managers sometimes make mistakes?

sc25 - Im questioning the logic of posters who have written Soldado off on last seasons form and don't want him to be given a chance in the team - i don't know if Pochettino has wriiten him off or whether he plans to play him in the league so i can't comment one way or the other on that. I don't have a problem with Adebayor starting the season in the team either.

What i hope to see, if his lack of form (imv) continues much longer, is Soldado getting a similar run of games in the first team - that way we as supporters can make an informed decision. The manager has infiniltey more information to draw upon than us, so ultimately im happy to trust his judgment long term.

There's been a number of journalists close to the club that have suggested Levy insisting on Ade playing was the beginning of the end for AVB.

Maybe Poch plans on keeping his job?

There's been a number of journalists close to the club that have suggested Levy insisting on Ade playing was the beginning of the end for AVB.

Maybe Poch plans on keeping his job?

I haven't seen anyone suggesting that Levy had insisted on Ade playing. My understanding was that Levy and Baldini had asked why Ade was being excluded when the teams form was so poor.

I haven't seen anyone suggesting that Levy had insisted on Ade playing. My understanding was that Levy and Baldini had asked why Ade was being excluded when the teams form was so poor.
I seem to remember it was reported as being more forceful than that. If the journalists are to be believed (and that's a big if) I'm sure the chairman doesn't just casually ask that kind of question in passing along with "How was your weekend?" and "Doing anything nice tonight?"

The main point isn't whether Soldado was good, great or just above average today, but that his performance was better than anything Ade has done so far this season and as such should start our next league game as well. Home game against a poor side. If that's a complete bust, play Kane.

I seem to remember it was reported as being more forceful than that. If the journalists are to be believed (and that's a big if) I'm sure the chairman doesn't just casually ask that kind of question in passing along with "How was your weekend?" and "Doing anything nice tonight?"

Im not asking Im telling haha have that from the wife all the time.

Played really well today pleased for him, pen aside of course, he deserved a goal. We looked so much better going forward today.

Played well today in a tough game. Think some are going a bit overboard with the praise, but he did enough to earn a start in the next game. If he can perform agains Saudi Sportswashing Machine and hopefully get himself on the scoresheet, both he and the team might be able to go on a nice little run.

@R9Soldado: Sad match in which we had our opportunities including my penalty. I'm sorry and I'll keep working hard to help the team with my goals… http://instagram.com/p/uTJjEuJrLz/
10727738_1551611368391359_674868006_n.jpg

Back