• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

I brought up the second half of the season because of Jordinho's ridiculous exaggeration regarding Ade's form (whilst saying nothing about Soldado's even poorer return btw) and you asking me why i'm including the first half of the season when critiquing Soldado.

that post was more in reference to you saying that you've written him off based on his time under Sherwood (as you don't count his time under AVB) and is me attempting to highlight how it's not exactly the greatest run of games to base such a final judgment of a player on, what with him being in and out of the line up every other week and not getting a run of games to build any form or understanding with his team mates etc (im aware Adebayor was playing well during this run and have no qualms with him being started, but a patchy run of games where he started one third of the last 18 and only once 2 games consecutively isn't much to rate someone on IMV)

Fact is he managed 1 open play goal from 10 starts under Sherwood which is far worse than Ade on apparent bad form (after bagging 8 from 11 btw).

Adebayor has 2 goals in his last 11 (consecutive) starts for the first team, how is that far worse than 2 goals in 10 starts (spread out over 22 league games)?

wow just wow.

The conversation was about the second half of last season wasn't it? do you not see when i say under Sherwood? can you also not see it was a reply to Jordinho's post about Ade having an Horrendous patch.

If we're going to break it down properly...in Soldado's last 15 starts he's scored 2 goals (1 being a pen). I think that's worse than Ade's record right?.

Last edited:
Eh? Broken down properly? You said you don't judge him on AVBs time here so we can only use his last ten starts - im just playing by your rules here - you said Adebayors form is far better, but as ive shown over the same amount of starts as Soldado he has exactly the same amount goals - how can you even deny that?

If you wanna start looking at Ades last 15 starts then that just blows your whole not rating Soldado on AVBs time here out of the water

Eh? Broken down properly? You said you don't judge him on AVBs time here so we can only use his last ten starts - im just playing by your rules here

If you're "playing by my rules" then why have you completely ignored the part where i specifically state i'm comparing under Sherwood second half of the season? if you can twist stats to favour your opinion then i can too.

Kingdawson lets just ignore the stats and talk in general terms. Ade hasn't really done much so far this season has he, considering Soldado has hit the net in a couple of cup games and not had a run of games like Ade has (partly due to injury) would it not be inconceivable to give Soldado a run of games in the PL? Ade really hasn't bought much to the table this year and has had enough games to do so, at least give Soldado the opportunity (a run of 3-4 PL games) to provide more of a goal threat as so far our biggest threat is from those behind the striker...

Kingdawson lets just ignore the stats and talk in general terms. Ade hasn't really done much so far this season has he, considering Soldado has hit the net in a couple of cup games and not had a run of games like Ade has (partly due to injury) would it not be inconceivable to give Soldado a run of games in the PL? Ade really hasn't bought much to the table this year and has had enough games to do so, at least give Soldado the opportunity (a run of 3-4 PL games) to provide more of a goal threat as so far our biggest threat is from those behind the striker...

Kane is ahead of Soldado imo.

Kane is ahead of Soldado imo.

Yeah maybe, and I really rate Kane but much prefer him behind the striker. But if he isnt, would you at least give Soldado the chance to have a few games? Im not saying he will be better than Ade, but think he does deserve the opportunity to prove himself....

If you're "playing by my rules" then why have you completely ignored the part where i specifically state i'm comparing under Sherwood second half of the season? if you can twist stats to favour your opinion then i can too.

I haven't ignored anything

Im comparing Adebayors form with Soldados.

Adebayor has started 6 league games this season, Soldado has played none so i have to look back at last season to get an idea of his league form - i extended it to 10 because that's a better sample size than 6 and i can't go further back than that because it encroaches on your not rating him on AVBs time rule. So i think Soldados last 10 games v Adebayors last 10 is the best sample to use based on all of the above.

And as per my previous post their form over their last 10 starts is exactly the same, only one played his in a consecutive run of games whilst the other has had his spread out over more than half a season (22 games)

I understand thst Adebayors earlier form under Sherwood v Soldados made him the best option to start this season as first choice - im not questioning that, you've missunderstood if you think im saying we should have started this season with Soldado as first choice. But now, 6 games in to the season it's a different story and the arguments for keeping him in the team ahead of Soldado grow weaker as each match passes.

Anyone who has seen enough of Soldado in Spain will know that he is a very good player that played well below par last season. That said, last season was far from ideal for any one of our players, especially the new signings, when you you take into consideration the manager change, the constant switching of systems and first team personnel every other game. Lamela, Chadli and Capoue who were all written off last season have all displayed this season the benefits of what a seasons' experience, a settled system and a run of games can achieve.

Until Soldado has a run of games this season it is a little unfair to condemn him on the basis of last season which was for many reasons a complete and utter mess of a campaign.

I agree Jurgen and have been saying the same thing for longer than i can remember - everyone should have a clean slate under the new manager - that's not to say players in 'bad form' should be walking straight in ahead of those in good form - but they should be getting a chance when those in front of them are no longer playing well.

And in this case Adebayor is not playing well, so give Soldado a chance. It's really a simple stance and as far as i can see totally fair and even handed, why others can't see that i have no idea

I haven't ignored anything

Im comparing Adebayors form with Soldados.

Adebayor has started 6 league games this season, Soldado has played none so i have to look back at last season to get an idea of his league form - i extended it to 10 because that's a better sample size than 6 and i can't go further back than that because it encroaches on your not rating him on AVBs time rule. So i think Soldados last 10 games v Adebayors last 10 is the best sample to use based on all of the above.

And as per my previous post their form over their last 10 starts is exactly the same, only one played his in a consecutive run of games whilst the other has had his spread out over more than half a season (22 games)

I understand thst Adebayors earlier form under Sherwood v Soldados made him the best option to start this season as first choice - im not questioning that, you've missunderstood if you think im saying we should have started this season with Soldado as first choice. But now, 6 games in to the season it's a different story and the arguments for keeping him in the team ahead of Soldado grow weaker as each match passes.

hahahaha:ross::ross::ross::ross:

Don't worry Billy you can go back...i mean it's fine go back....tell me the record if you can...you have my permission to go back :lol:

Yeah maybe, and I really rate Kane but much prefer him behind the striker. But if he isnt, would you at least give Soldado the chance to have a few games? Im not saying he will be better than Ade, but think he does deserve the opportunity to prove himself....

I would give Ade a couple more games still...if he's not producing and Soldado is the only fit option then i would give soldado a go.

hahahaha:ross::ross::ross::ross:

Don't worry Billy you can go back...i mean it's fine go back....tell me the record if you can...you have my permission to go back :lol:

If that's all you can muster in response to that post i'll leave it there and remember not to waste my time talking to you anymore.

I would give Ade a couple more games still...if he's not producing and Soldado is the only fit option then i would give soldado a go.

Fair enough, for me I think now is the time to drop him - he's just not doing anything. Id say exactly the same if Soldado had put in such performances for a few games. If Poch wants to play Kane then fine, but it needs to happen sooner rather than later - maybe that will wake Ade up into performing...

Anyone who has seen enough of Soldado in Spain will know that he is a very good player that played well below par last season. That said, last season was far from ideal for any one of our players, especially the new signings, when you you take into consideration the manager change, the constant switching of systems and first team personnel every other game. Lamela, Chadli and Capoue who were all written off last season have all displayed this season the benefits of what a seasons' experience, a settled system and a run of games can achieve.

Until Soldado has a run of games this season it is a little unfair to condemn him on the basis of last season which was for many reasons a complete and utter mess of a campaign.

I agree. Ade has had his chance - in fact so many chances on so many occasions that it has now got beyond a joke. Soldado should be given a run of games to have his chance. If I was the Poch, I would say to him you him you will have the next 5 games regardless of what happens, providing you are fit to play. Show me what you can do. I have faith in you to play that role to lead the line. Prove to me that I am right.

Kane is not a bad option to have on the bench, but I dont see him as having what it takes to lead the line by himself. For me, Ade and Soldado are also not the best in the sole striker role. In fact we dont really possess a true line leader at the club. This must be rectified in January. I have been saying the same for the last few windows. Levy must act to secure a "Proper" number 9.

Assuming he regains fitness and form, Benteke is still my leading candidate for that role.

I don't think I have ever seen a poster that quite possibly is sticking to his opinion in the hope that he doesn't get a start because it will make him look a little silly, which to be honest isn't hard on here.. I do it on a daily occurrence what with the posters that sit there waiting for you to put an i before an e after c. lol

If that's all you can muster in response to that post i'll leave it there and remember not to waste my time talking to you anymore.

this coming from someone that literally ignores two thirds of my post and focuses on 1 point. It's annoying when that happens right?

Ok i'll be happy to ignore you (which tbh i kind of attempted) and you do the same then please. Btw i still think you're a good guy and that won't change but on this occasion i do think you're guilty of doing exactly the same thing you accuse me of.

Last edited:
Back