• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

so basically it was irrelevant what Ade did last season and people would still want Soldado leading the line despite what he did do (or didn't do).

You can say i'm biased with Ade but at least i go on solely what i see with my eyes and make a judgment on that. If Ade scored 2 open play goals last season whilst Soldado was beasting the second half of the season there's absolutely no way i would pick Ade as the starter the following season...no way no how.

Forget everything that's been said before....are you saying Adebayor 'beasted' the 2nd half of last season?

Soldado scored 11 goals in all competitions last season, Adebayor 14. The problem with Ade is that 11 of them came in 2 month spell, from late December to end of February. After that he went completely off the boil and there's no sign of an imminent return to form, which is why it's time to give someone else a chance.

but but penalties

why do you keep refering to two open play goals last season if it's only the second half of which you count? as admitted to earlier? a second half of the season where he was second choice and played most the games off the bench

what about the Limassol away game where you didnt have a s.tream and was still clogging up the OMT ****ging Soldado off? was you solely going on your eyes then?

The sad thing is you didn't even acknowledge my post where i clearly proved i wasn't always against Soldado yet you spent your time looking for other posts to use against me.

btw shouldn't you be grateful i'm including the whole season? what would soldado's record be if i only included the 2nd half of the season.

i didn't spend anytime looking for posts, it was recalled from memory - thought it was a rather apt point to question you saying you only using your eyes to judge him.

his record for the second half of last season would be poor, but im interested to know why you think that is any more relevant than the first? you're happy to cut him slack for his time under AVB but not Sherwood? how come - i mean he was hardly a regular fixture in our team under him.

why not chalk it up to a difficult first season in a new country, in a side which was under performing almost across the board - which resulted in two mangers losing their jobs? I mean surely that's the fair thing to do

Soldado scored 11 goals in all competitions last season, Adebayor 14. The problem with Ade is that 11 of them came in 2 month spell, from late December to end of February. After that he went completely off the boil and there's no sign of an imminent return to form, which is why it's time to give someone else a chance.

3 goals in 9 league games is completely off the boil? why are you exaggerating? 3 league goals from 9 (none pens btw)would be seen as progress for Soldado tbh.

i didn't spend anytime looking for posts, it was recalled from memory - thought it was a rather apt point to question you saying you only using your eyes to judge him.

his record for the second half of last season would be poor, but im interested to know why you think that is any more relevant than the first? you're happy to cut him slack for his time under AVB but not Sherwood? how come - i mean he was hardly a regular fixture in our team under him.

very easy

under AVB he hardly had chances so i cut him slack. He missed sitters in the Cardiff away game but other then that i don't remember the team creating chances for him. Under Sherwood we created countless chances and he ballsed them up.

probably a good job you don't include penalties with Adebayor tbf

you again miss the point of the post and instead focus your attention on cheap shots directed at Ade. Like i said you do exactly what i do but you call me out on it and ignore when others direct their cheap shots at Ade.

you again miss the point of the post and instead focus your attention on cheap shots directed at Ade. Like i said you do exactly what i do but you call me out on it and ignore when others direct their cheap shots at Ade.

i think you need to chill out buddy and not take everything so seriously - it was a joke ffs :lol:

I'm still a bit unclear on why Soldado can't miss sitters but the other strikers can because let's be clear, both of them have missed chances galore for Spurs. Albeit Soldado in a shorter time frame but you get the drift.

Last edited:
btw shouldn't you be grateful i'm including the whole season? what would soldado's record be if i only included the 2nd half of the season.

I had a look at his record for the second half of the season and he managed 2 in 10 starts (plus a whole bunch of sub appearances i didn't include).

So just to put it into context:

Adebayor went completely off the boil with 3 from 9 (that after hitting 8 from 11)...and nothing is said about soldado hitting 2 from 10b starts except that Sherwood kept chopping and changing and he wasn't given a fair run in the team...figures.

where did you find the stats KD i was looking earlier but couldn't find anywhere that had a game by game first team roll call type thing

so looking at that site Soldado started the first 5 games under Sherwood in a partnership with Adebayor, scoring a penalty in the home game against Stoke. not great

he then has one start in the next 6 games, away to Hull in a 1-1 draw

he then starts and scores an open play goal :eek: in a 1-0 win over Cardiff, maybe this is where he can kick on?!

...no, benched for the next two games before starting the next two in a row (for the first time since his initial run of games alongside Adebayor) against Southampton and Liverpool.

the final 6 games games see's him start one game, at home to Fulham.

a poor return, no doubt - 2 goals from 10 games (in which he was subbed off in pretty much all of them) but in our final 18 games he started just one third of them and only once did he play more than a solitary game before being benched.

personally speaking i wouldn't like to write someone off on the above

3 goals in 9 league games is completely off the boil? why are you exaggerating? 3 league goals from 9 (none pens btw)would be seen as progress for Soldado tbh.

Maybe not, but 1 goal in 6 league starts this season is poor, especially when his all round game has been shocking

so looking at that site Soldado started the first 5 games under Sherwood in a partnership with Adebayor, scoring a penalty in the home game against Stoke. not great

he then has one start in the next 6 games, away to Hull in a 1-1 draw

he then starts and scores an open play goal :eek: in a 1-0 win over Cardiff, maybe this is where he can kick on?!

...no, benched for the next two games before starting the next two in a row (for the first time since his initial run of games alongside Adebayor) against Southampton and Liverpool.

the final 6 games games see's him start one game, at home to Fulham.

a poor return, no doubt - 2 goals from 10 games (in which he was subbed off in pretty much all of them) but in our final 18 games he started just one third of them and only once did he play more than a solitary game before being benched.

personally speaking i wouldn't like to write someone off on the above

I brought up the second half of the season because of Jordinho's ridiculous exaggeration regarding Ade's form (whilst saying nothing about Soldado's even poorer return btw) and you asking me why i'm including the first half of the season when critiquing Soldado.

Fact is he managed 1 open play goal from 10 starts under Sherwood which is far worse than Ade on apparent bad form (after bagging 8 from 11 btw).

Back