• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

ffs.... I was hoping he would stay with us. I'm clutching at straws, but when do the squad leave for US? Is it possible they get a day off? Nah, I guess we're loosing him. A shame, nothing but good things to say about him - even if he hasnt been doing well...:(

Last edited:
Game is on Wednesday.

ah so i guess the whole squad has been permission to take a break then,................ i mean today its saturday so there is plenty of time before the game in America on Wednesday o_O

ah so i guess the whole squad has been permission to take a break then,................ i mean today its saturday so there is plenty of time before the game in America on Wednesday o_O

If the game is Wednesday, then the squad probably leaves Monday. Strange that he would go to Ibiza for a day... :confused:

Please make it a trip with a more prolonged stay in Sunny Spain!!

They could easily take a couple of days off. Train on Monday and Tuesday, then fly out late on Tuesday and back on Thursday.

They could easily take a couple of days off. Train on Monday and Tuesday, then fly out late on Tuesday and back on Thursday.

they are not flying out for a Europa League game in Slovakia!.........hello its

images

we are flying out to Colorado, imagine the long flight, the need to rest when arriving, some pre match promotions etc

if the rest have flown out fair enough, if they go Monday then flying to your gaff in Ibiza is the same as driving to your parents house in the Home Counties

According to an article on the OS...

"We jet off to the States tomorrow (Sunday, July 26) in advance of the prestigious clash at dingdong’s Sporting Goods Park on Wednesday night... "

If Soldado is flying to Spain on a Saturday, I doubt he'll be flying with the rest of the squad to the USA on Sunday. Could be there's some family emergency and he'll join up with the squad in a couple of days; flying out from Spain. BUT, you'd have to think there's also a decent chance he might be moving back... weekend at home in Ibiza before making the short hop to Seville for a medical on Monday?

In my view it wouldn't be a disaster to hold onto him as a backup player (3rd choice striker) if we can't find a buyer. We've done a great job clearing out fringe players this summer, and it's not the end of the world if we don't offload them all in one window. Especially given how well liked Soldado seems to be around the club, and the fact that he has remained professional and hard-working even though it clearly hasn't worked out for him at Spurs.

That said, if we can get a half-decent fee for him, then we should jump at it. I like the guy, I really do; his attitude is top notch, and there's no question that up until two years ago he was a very good striker. But it's not working for him at Spurs and another disappointing year is likely to see his market value drop to zero. If we can get a few million for him now, there's a very good chance that whoever we bring in to replace him will be an upgrade (maybe not on the Soldado of Valencia; but definitely on the Soldado of the past two years).

Not at all it was just how you said it made it sound like that's who we're after. I don't rate him one bit and the fact no big boys are sniffing around him says a lot too.
Which big boys in England would actually need him though? The likes of City, Chelsea and Liverpool don't need another striker. Arsenal doubtful... and even if they go for another striker I guess they will look more towards a traditional 9 to compete with Giroud. They already have similar players to Berahino in Walcott and Welbeck. Only United might be an option and even that I doubt.

According to an article on the OS...

"We jet off to the States tomorrow (Sunday, July 26) in advance of the prestigious clash at dingdong’s Sporting Goods Park on Wednesday night... "

If Soldado is flying to Spain on a Saturday, I doubt he'll be flying with the rest of the squad to the USA on Sunday. Could be there's some family emergency and he'll join up with the squad in a couple of days; flying out from Spain. BUT, you'd have to think there's also a decent chance he might be moving back... weekend at home in Ibiza before making the short hop to Seville for a medical on Monday?

I hope our new stadium can get a cool name like this.

So it looks like Bobby is off to pastures new. Surely we can't go into another season underprepared can we? Levy sometimes reminds me of an old chairman at my company. He would stretch things as tightly as he could expecting his staff to perform miracles on the smallest budget/resource then there would be a massive inquest when something snapped and he'd throw money at the problem. Called it sweating his assets

Surely, it will be stupid to sell Soldado if we are not going to buy any more strikers ! He doesn't score many goals but atleast he will be a decent backup for Kane.

Back